Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Yo, Do You Remember: 1993 Royal Rumble!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Yo, Do You Remember: The Return (WWF Edition)!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:10 am

OK, good. Actually when it was briefly ongoing I didn't know what to think other than I didn't know who it was. A very long time later I think the character could have been built up and if done right it could have been a really cool one. Yeah, Brutus has had his fair share which I might do one about that as well soon.

More coming soon :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:49 am

It may've had more legs if the costume didn't look like they randomly grabbed stuff from the warehouse.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:42 am

Indeed it could have :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:03 am

Yo, Do You Remember El Diablo :? :?: I'm not gonna say much, he was against Sid Justice on October 19, 1991...30 year ago this year :o This was one of My all-time fave moments ever in the WWF! Watch the vid from beginning to end and watch close, it's great :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:40 am

Here is a better clear shot of Brutus as the Mystery Man :o

Don't forget to check out my latest entry before him and I'm gonna make some big ones soon..later :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:18 pm

I mean, that just looks terrible even for that era of the WWE. It's like Brother Bruti was on his way to the arena and just rummaged through someone's trash along the way because he needed a disguise.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:53 am

So been thinkin' of doin' this. For a very long time I have always thought years in wrestling...not sure if you do or if anybody else does but to Me it's special. So first up is 1990, one My most favorite years in wrestling :o . Do you remember how cool that year was with all the new & good returning talent the WWF roster had? I think many people has forgotten how much there was then. Here is all of the guys that entered the federation in 1990 with some vids!

Tugboat Tyler Thomas, "Playboy" Buddy Rose, Crush of Demolition, "The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich, The Legion of Doom (from WCW), Sgt. Slaughter & General Adnan, Saba Simba (Tony Atlas), The Undertaker (Mean Mark Callous from WCW)), Shane Douglas, Battle Kat (Brady Boone), The Nasty Boys (from WCW), "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and The Gobbledy Gooker!

Strangely enough Bob Bradley replaced Boone as the Battle Kat character

So, do you remember the WWF 1990 :?: Amazing how many of them were from WCW among other feds! Next I will do a special from 1991!

By the way, I might do another special of 1990 :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:03 am

So before we get to 91, here is a bonus that I didn't enter earlier from 1990: The Orient Express & The New Orient Express! I thought these guys were very good and so underrated and it seems like they were a team that always were stuck in limo :roll: Amazingly the team lost Sato and gained a new member in Kato in the same year :o It was cool as Kato was Paul Diamond reuniting with Tanaka as they were Badd Company elsewhere!

Here is THEIR WIKIPEDIA PAGE!

Here is 2 vids of both versions of the teams.

Until next time ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Yo, Do You Remember: The Debuts of 91!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:01 pm

OK, now this ins one I have been think'n about for a long time cause this is the 30th Anniversary of this great WWF stuff!

First off, let's continue with 1990 when "The Visionaries" in the Survivor Series 90 changed their as The Warlord went solo, Rick Martel's model gimmick went tnhe next level and Hercules & Paul Roma became Power & Glory!

Also in 1990, The Barbarian went solo and changed his look as well then Dustin Rhodes arrived in 90 then in at the 1991 Royal Rumble, he joined his daddy and fought The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase and VIRGIL in his first match!

Now, here we go. All of this great talent debuted 30 years ago! The Viking/The Berserker, Skinner, Big Bully Busick, Col. Mustafa (The Iron Shiek), "El Matador" Tito Santana, " The Nature Boy" Ric Flair, "The Dragon" Rick Steamboat, Sid Justice, I.R.S., Tenryu & Kitao, The Beverly Brothers & "The Coach" John Tolos, and Chris Chavis (house shows only).

The New Foundation with Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart & "The Rocket" Owen Hart, Paul Bearer, Tugboat becomes and Typhoon joins Earthquake & Jimmy Hart as "The Natural Disasters", Smash becomes The Repo Man & Jacques Rougeau becomes The Mountie, also as see previously Brutus Beefcake becomes the mystery man and Roberts was disguised as El Diablo!

Oh and speaking of The Snake, he too became heel, changed up his look an became really cool!

After brief run-ins as the mystery attacker, Brutus officially came back and had his own show called The Barber Shop and The Genius also returned after The Coach left and join The Beverly Brothers!

The Funeral Parlor debuted as well!

OK, one of the coolest and most memorable changes in the WWF during 1991 was the revamping of Prime Time Wrestling in front of a small live crowd and also with the return of Andre the Giant!

Hulk Hogan had his own hotline! I called it once back then!

Certainly not least, Suburban Commando was at theatres, My Grandparents took Me to the show and we saw it together, I remember that like it was last week. It's one of Mt faves and betch'ya I have watched it almost as much as No Holds Barred from 89 which is like literally dozens of times!

Wow that was great, shame Busick & The Coach didn't stay long. Shame Flair & Steamboat didn't have a feud like they did in WCW (those were such classic moments). Amazing how they got that talent WCW and other feds. Anyway, 91 was really a cool year in the WWF as you could tell in My WWF Live 91 topic ;) So, before I get to great year of WWF 92, do you remember these debuts, returns, repackages or anything from this time as it occurred?
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Yo, Do You Remember: The Debuts of 91!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:15 pm

Yeah, this was about the time I really got away from wrestling as it was getting way too cartoony for a 13 year old. Some of that I remember, some of it I'd like to forget. I think one of the last draws was seeing Steamboat dressed up like that. Maybe if we had WCW up here (maybe we did I just didn't know or care to find it) it would've been interesting to see had I followed some of my favorites like Steamboat, Orndorff, over there, but judging by what I've seen from those years, it's still doubtful I would've stayed interested long. It wasn't until SCSA and the Attitude Era that I got hooked back in as 19-20 year old. Shotgun Saturday Nights as we all sobered up at 2 AM was always fun. I remember seeing the Hardys vs Pap Chulo when no one knew who they were, and I thought the Hardys were just rip-offs of the Rockers.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT