Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Yo, Do You Remember: 1993 Royal Rumble!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Yo, Do You Remember: 1993 Royal Rumble!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:11 am

Now continuing this great spotlight of My Yo, Do You Remember 93, I will be covering all of the events and special happenings in several parts. First if you haven't seen My huge special Prologue, Debuts & Programming then you need to stop right here and get to that because that's very important to know especially if you want to know how I got here ;)

NOTE: As always , click My pics in a new tab to see the maximum detail which I put together most of everything like I usually do like no other because with today's society in this day & age, it's a thing nobody does anymore but that ain't the way it is with Me nor will it ever be :)

So since the majority of My focus is WWF, I will be including wrestling events from other organisations as I don't like to ignore the others especially when history's sake in involved :)

So the crucial year of 1993 started off with WCW Japan III taking place on January 4, 1993 at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan. Also known as WCW-New Japan Supershow III. It was a terrific event and featured many great Japanese talents. Sting was the Gaijin/American Headliner facing off against one of Japan's all-time greatest Hiroshi Hase. Like I said before WCW was ahead of the WWF and fans of the Federation that didn't watch WCW nor look at & read the WCW & PWI Magazines just weren't in-tuned with what WCW was offering which would become the standard of today's wrestling which now it seems so average compared to then IMO. It also featured a tremendous bout of Ultimo Dragon vs. Jushin Thunder Liger which this in an attraction that absolutely no wrestling fan should miss :!:

On January 23, 1993, ECW had their first major event crossing over with WWA as it was called ECW-WWA Battle of the Belts :!: See how important 1993 is already :?: This too was a one heck of an event :!:

So WWF's next Pay-Per-View event would be the Royal Rumble 93. I posted this WWF Royal Rumble 93 Report on My WWF Mania showcase in the special programming section but I will update it here. The WWF Royal Rumble 93 Report is with Mean Gene Okerlund talking about the match's entrants and that the winner of the Rumble will meet the WWF Champion at Wrestlemania IX which this marked the first time EVER that happen as this is THE FIRST Rumble that started TODAY'S trends...see what a crucial moment that began in 93 was :?: Oh that's not even 1% of it :o He announces that "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase will enter the event along with the anticipated debut of Jerry "The King" Lawler. The surprising one was Carlos Colon of the WWC-World Wrestling Council which this was pretty big. The late great Yokozuna & "Macho Man" Randy Savage. Savage had a brief promo. Also the late great Earthquake, Virgil & Mr. Perfect are in it. Mr. Perfect had a short promo. The late great Mean Gene says to order it on PPV. After that one of the first ever WWF Monday Night Raw Commercials airs with "The Toddster" going crossed-eyed then The Berzerker goes nuts wanting to chop off Mr. Perfect's head with his Sword :o

Like they would on TV, they's had special reports in the Magazines as well which so much of this is so pathetically lacking in today's product. So first here in the WWF Royal Rumble Souvenir Program we see the great cover then a cool offer for the WWF Royal Rumble 93 VHS Event which really, owning an official WWF Coliseum Home Video always seemed special...see My huge Vintage Wresting VHS & DVD collection here to see what I mean--->http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/wrestling-toys-collectibles-f56/my-vintage-wrestling-collection-t1082-120.html. Then in the Ring Side WWF Report section we meet Yokozuna with Mr. Fuji, one of My all-time favorites :) Also we meet newcomer Lance Cassidy (Steve Armstrong). Cassidy unfortunately wouldn't make his first PPV debut as he would head back to WCW. I featured both Cassidy & Yokozuna in the 92 Debut Sections greatly :!: Next up is a tag team scene of one the best divisions of the kind ever seen which was The Nasty Boys, Tag Team Champions Money Inc., The Natural Distasters, The Beverly Brothers and the relatively new team on the roster The Headshrinkers whom debuted around the time Yokozuna did only a few short months prior :!:

The WWF Report continues with Crush as it says he will face anybody including Bret Hart, Papa Shango and even Nailz :!: Then they get into the actual event of the 30 Man Battle Royal known as the Royal Rumble plus the whole great Card. We see such a great pictorial of great wrestlers from this superbly fun time including Earthquake & Typhoon, The Natural Disasters, The Nasty Boys, Sags & Knobbs, Money Inc. "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase & Irwin R, Schyster, "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon, "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels, The Big Boss Man, Papa Shango, Bret "Hitman" Hart, The Undertaker, "Native America" Tatanka, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair, Mr. Perfect, The Berzerker, Jerry "The King" Lalwer in his debut bout as well as "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Yokozuna, Bob Backlund in his major return and the ex-convict Nailz who was on his way out of the Federation for assaulting Vince McMahon backstage over him not paying him plus for sexually advancing on him which now shouldn't be no surprise with the current allegations of Vinnie Mac as I said earlier on in My Programming special :roll: :o :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh: So as I said before here as well in the other parts so this special 93, 93 was a very important year for wrestling. This was the first Royal Rumble that the WWF Championship would be defended and that the winner of the actual Rumble would face that Champion at the following Wrestlemania...see this is where it all started :shock: That title match was between champion Bret "Hitman" Hart" vs. "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon in Razor's first important match because he was the challenger for the first time in his WWF career :!: Gosh this looks so cool and I'm grateful that I experienced this exciting era in most of it's entirety when it originally happen especially since there was really nothing like it since :)

Also on the Card is a few matches. Intercontinental Champion HBK Shawn Michaels would defend against former Rocker Partner and returning Marty Jannetty. The Big Boss Man faces off against the returning "Beast of the East" Bam Bam Bigelow :!: Also "The Comet Kid" Max Moon would face the returning "Terrific" Terry Taylor (The Red Rooster) but this match wouldn't take places but both competitors would be in the Rumblematch itself. One of the most anticipated bouts on the card was the major debut of Rick & Scott, The Steiner Brothers vs. The Beverly Brothers in the already stacked Tag Team Division :shock: then we see a Vintage advertisement for WWF Prime Time Wrestling if you have Wrestling Withdrawal :shock: This would be one of the last ads ever for the iconic show because WWF Monday Night Raw was just getting ready to air it's first episode,,,again see Part 1 for My huge Raw special :) Next up is Comments from Ringside & Move of the Month. Last is a very nice Holiday Ad for WWF Magazine. This was so darn cool with the Tree. they show three Magazines, one of the results of Wrestlemania 8, one with Miss Elizabeth and one of The Ultimate Warrior who had left the WWF back in November missing the WWF 92 Survivor Series.

Ending with the Program is ICOPRO with Bret Hart. See My grand 92 special of ICOPRO & WBF, you don't want to miss that as I posted a lot of great stuff of the very misunderstood yet great time. Also is a great ad of LJN & Flying Edge's WWF Video Games Super Wrestlemania, Steel cage Challenge & Superstars 2 for the Sega Genesis, SNES, NES & Game Boy (look for a special showcase coming in time :o plus Galoob's Game Genie for the SNES & Sega Genesis which I deeply showcased them here --->http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post44471.html?hilit=Game%20Genie#p44471...again see how darn cool this era was...gosh it was so fun to be a part of and I hope I'm bringing back the memories and/or making a noob see how fantastic this was :)

Royal Rumble 93: In visual aspects for a few months still resembled 92. Wow, more returns and new guys. Bam Bam Biglelow returns, HBK is on his own without Sherri, WCW's Steiner Brothers make their debut :!: Holy crap...Bobby Heenan unveiled "The Narcissist" Lex Luger :wwshock: I remember talking to everybody then asking them who is Heenan's mystery man, nobody knew and boy was I surprised it was him...such good times which yuo can see that I express this even further in the debuts section in My special 93 :) El Gigante leaves WCW and becomes The Giant Gonzales and attacks The Undertaker :o Yokozuna eliminates Macho Man and wins the Rumble :shock: So many from WCW but Flair would leave after this and head back there where it was just natural for him to be :batwink:

I recall like it was last week when I rented the VHS of the WWF Royal Rumble 93. It was at the what I call the The Untitled Video Rental Store in Holly Hills. She was one good place...you can see that plus so much more in My all-crucial Odds & Ends in My superb Glory Days of Movie Rentals showcase as it's one of My all-time best that I've ever done and it's extremely imperative to see for anybody who loved renting movies & video games and I posted a lot of wrestling stuff as well which you can see that and so much more here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/general-toy-discussions/my-odds-ends-insane-keychain-t1176-40.html.

So the WWF Royal Rumble 93 Poster was quite great looking which I have always loved the visuals of the World Wresting Federation especially 92 & 93. I love how you can clearly tell that Bret & Razor are the singles attraction here. Now there is many things that varies within two variations of the poster and I'm going to point them all out right now :shock:

I notice it all the moment I saw it when I got the WWF Magazines advertising the event. Now follow left to right on both pictures below as best as you can because maybe you didn't see this back in the day or perhaps you did and didn't notice it. Now Nailz is on the far left, he was gone because of his incident with McMannequin that I've already talked about a couple times previously. You'll see The Ultimate Warrior is on the left one but but Mr. Perfect took his place like he did at the 92 Survivor Series as I pointed out in the 92 special. There's a HUGE error on the right as you see The Warrior's LEFT HAND right behind The Undertaker and in front of Ted DiBiase. That was so noticeable IMO and always boggled Me why they didn't fix that but I believe it wasn't done because of the timing. Notice that Papa Shango & "El Matador" Tito Santana are on the left but are missing on the right. Also notice that on the left "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith is on the left has been replaced by Yokozuna as he left the Federation and went to ECW and eventually WCW. Supposedly of steroids like The Warrior but I'm not so sure about either one :? One more important note is that "The Ugandan Giant" Kamala & "Kona" Crush were on the poster but didn't perform at the event whatsoever. Kamala was still selling the effects of him losing to The Undertaker in the first ever Casket Match at the 92 Survivor Series but Harvey Whipple would get his revenge soon enough. Crush was selling the injury at the hands of The Clown when he hit him with a prosthetic arm which he then revealed his name to be Doink the Clown. So there you have that little big history of this great iconic poster which you'll see very few people pointing any of this out to you :)

The WWF 93 Royal Rumble is at the ARCO Arena in Sacramento, California. Before the actual event during the Countdown Show, they had a Dark Match that was not televised and barley advertised. The people there actually saw the debut of Doink the Clown in his very first match ever in the WWF. His opponent would be jobber Jim Powers. Now I never knew how the match was but I suspect it was similar to their rematch on WWF Wrestling Challenge a tiny bit after WWF Wrestlemania 9 when Doink performed the "The Illusions of Two Doinks :batsmile: :batwink: I made this picture to re-enact their Royal Rumble 93 Dark Match :)

So the actual PPV[ starts with a great kickoff match and it was quite anticipated too. It's the debut of the Steiner Brothers vs. Beverly Brothers :!: Now The Steiners were just in WCW fighting against Sting & the Great Muta and The Hell Raisers (Hawk Warrior & Power Warrior aka Kensuke Sasaki) which they are basically replacing The Legion of Doom in the WWF. If you were a loyal WCW fan, you were like oh no...why but if you watched WWF too like Me you were quite excited about that the Brothers were coming to the Federation. While their real life brothers, their opponents are actually kayfabe siblings however they've been in the WWF since 1991 as part of a tremendously fun lineup of newcomers (see My 91 special for that :!: but they were never able to capture gold like they should have though and by now their a veteran team within the exciting division. So the event begins as they come out to their wonderful catchy theme music looking great in one of their best entrances thus far :batsmile:

So the new team comes out with a great new theme looking like they did in WCW but only better. Many people weren't tuned-into them because they were from the other company but there was enough that was. So the bout get's underway. So Blake Beverly uses the Tag Rope choking Scott. This is a heel tactic that is severely lacking in today's wrestling. It was done all the time in the 80s & 90s then it just slowly stopped happening. Like so many things. I'm probably one of the very few plebeians on this entire planet that thinks of that stuff or even notices and what a shame that is how this society has become :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: So Rick does a superb German Suplex making Suplex City look very amateurish. The Beverly's were attempting a tremendous maneuver that Scotty reversed. Rick knocks Blake out with a Steinerliner and Scotty performs a devastating Frankensteiner on Beau that looked really damaging. It was all over after that and the Steiner Brothers win their first match as well as their first WWF PPV in a great showing :!:

Soon after that The Steiners are on the repackaged Hulk Hogan Hotline that is now called the WWF Hotline. Luke & Butch The Bushwackers, Knobs & Sags The Nasty Boys interrupted it as the Tag Team Division is heating up. So next up is Intercontinental Champion "Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty. We see a video package of when they were The Rockers and when Michaels betrayed his partner during a very iconic Barber Shop. That is THE MOMENT from then on that started "the Jannetty team member". Then it shows when Marty returns from his injury. "Sensational" Sherri tries to stop him from hurting her man with his mirror but Shawn became a coward hiding behind her shoving her while Marty hits her inadvertently. Now back at the event, Lord Alfred Hayes is interviewing her backstage asking which corner is she going to be in. She is looking as fine as ever :batwink: :smwink: Then he wants to stay in her room as she calls him a "Dirty Old Man" to get out :o

So during the last 8 minutes of the Royal Rumble Countdown Show, HBK & Marty has an interview promo. Then we see the cool pictures of the trio. Sensational Sherri get's introduced, then Jannetty & Michaels are introduced. The match begins and they have a face to face while HBK is trash-talking his former partner of many years. They fight it out, Michaels get's out of the ring...HBK looks at Sherri while he's dazed not really noting how busty & good looking she is her. She can't stand him anymore so she slaps him hard thus making it known she's not in his corner :!:

The action starts again and Michales accidentally knocks out the Referee Joey Marella. This allows Marty & Sherri to do some heelish shenanigans to HBK. Sherri get's in the ring revealing some of her good stuff. She takes off her high-heel shoe while Jannetty holds his former Midnight Rocker partner of years past. Shawn breaks out of the hold and Sherri hits Marty by accident knocking him to the mat.

Michaels confronts her telling her that he's the man. Marty wakes up but is sluggish and get's Super Kicked in 360 (Sweet Chin Music didn't exist till 1995) and the Ref Marella comes to and counts the 1,2,3 and Michaels is still the Intercontinental Champion in a decent match. Sherri is hysterical and runs off to the backstage area while Michaels is holding his IC Championship, Mean Gene Okerlund is seen for the first time tonight. He wants to get a word with the great looking but greatly upset Sensational Sherri.

Shawn sees her on the video wall which was the precursor to the Titan Tron (again see how important 92 & 93 was), he goes to that area and confronts Sherri, Marty ain't far behind. They fight each other while Jannetty throws an Orange to the camera as it appears to be in 3D. I made sure I got a great motion of it in My picture. WWF Officials Blackjack Lanza, Joey Marella, Earl & Dave Hebner, Bill Alfonzo, Pat Paterson among others try to break up this fight which they are able to succeed.

So then we are greeted by Reverend Slick who became a "better man" a while after his leave of absence in 1991 from being powerslammed by The British Bulldog. He would be a panelist on WWF Prime Time Wrestling till the show's unfortunate ending just on January 4, 1993, just a few short weeks prior to the Rumble. Now he's preaching and giving out brief sermons. Here he's talking about Headlock on Hunger. I showed this among other charities in My special 93 Programming earlier on. He shows what WWF Champion Bret Hart did for the charity. Then we move back to the event talking about it further. Then we're in some dark & dank area within the depths of the ARCO Arena with Lord Alfred Hayes interviewing Paul Bearer & The Undertaker as they say that 30 men will rest peace :blbat: :blsm:

So now we're getting ready for the next match-up..."The Beast of the East" Bam Bam Bigelow vs. The Big Boss Man. "The Bammer" hasn't been seen in a WWF ring since 1988 when he fought The One Man Gang at Wrestlemania 4 with the late great Oliver Humperdink in his corner. During his tenure away from the The Federation he was all over the place including teaming with Big Van Vader in Japan. In late 1992 he had vignette promos returning to the WWF but this time he is more mature, bigger and badder clearly being a major heel which he was a big babyface in his first stint with the company. So at the Royal Rumble 93 he comes out with his name logo on the tron with brand new music starting out with him saying "BAM BAM". It was awesome seeing this for the first time. Fans weren't liking his new demeanor including a Japanese couple whom you'd think would since he spent years over in their country.

So The Big Boss Man comes out with his theme & tron and he's still a big fan favorite. He's a bit injured here with his right hand taped-up. Boss Man weighs about 330 here, Bammer is about 400 so it's a good battle of big men still which days like this would continue till about 96 then it would slowly fade away to where we are today in modern wrestling were the big mad lacking but wen is seen is impressive but really doesn't matter...he's just big and people look the other way :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Guys like this is one of the reasons why I got into wrestling so the big man always matters to Me :) So Bigelow get's the upper-hand and runs a head full of stream and squashes Bossman in the corner. Then their face to face standing off as we see Bossman's Nightstick. They run and he plants Bammer's head into the mat. He recover's and sends him over the top rope in a very bad bump onto the arena's floor that is only covered by a thin blue mat.

Back in the ring, Bam Bam can't get a bear-hug on him. Bossman breaks free and runs but is lifted up and guillotined clothesline by the unforgiving top rope. Bam Bam roars after that. I always thought that it was so funny that referee "Dangerous" Danny Davis is just arguing with him then Bigelow just says "get out of My face, get out" :lol: Bossman recovers and suplexes his larger opponent then middle guillotine leg drops him and uses his quick speed to punch that he was known when Barron Corbin was only 8 years old cause you know how they make it such a big deal when he does stuff like that :shock: Returning to the ring, Bossman wants to return the favor by squashing him in the corner but it doesn't work and get's a size 16 boot in his handsome kisser then clotheslined. Going to the top rope, Bam Bam launched himself doing his flying headbutt pinning the opponent. Bigelow wins his first major bout proving to be a force to reckon with :!:

The nex match is the big headliner on the Posters seen above...the WWF Championship being defended by champ Bret "Hitman" Hart vs. Razor Ramon. So on the WWF Royal Rumble Countdown Show they showed how Razor is "a bad guy" then showing what he did to Bret's brother Owen on WWF Mania a couple weeks back and then their heated yet epic interview from stage to Tron with Ray Rougeau. Now at the Rumble he interviews Ramon. The match is getting underway as they show the picture of the bout and finally shows "The Fink" Howard Finkle. Razor comes out in his first major singles match as it's for a championship. Mean Gene get's a word with the ready Hitman backstage as we see how it is somewhat back there. Bret comes out looking at the Tron seeing the match-up picture and is introduced.

Fans are going crazy over Bret especially the women (fans were so cool back then...what happen :?: Hart gives his sunglasses to a lucky boy (I hope he still has those and still talks about that often :!: Ramon throws his toothpick at the kid (Bobby Heenan taught him to do that :shock: Hitman Hart gives him a onslaught of offence with a suicide-dive. After brawling Razor attempts the Razor's Edge but Bret slides down and does bake-slide pin but doesn't pay off. They fight some more till they drop and Bret get's his legs into position for the Sharpshooter and is successful as Razor submits. The fans go wild even a little Hulkmaniac. Bret's parents Helen & Stu Hart are in the crowd cheering him on as their son is still World Wrestling Federation Champion.

So now we're backstage during a session of the WWF Hotline[b] as [b]Lord Alfred Hayes is with The Big Bossman, Marty Jannetty & "The Rocket" Owen Hart. They all congratulate Bret Hart on retaining the Title Belt :)

Next up for the WWF Royal Rumble 93, Bobby "The Brain Heenan is ready to unveil his Narcissist :!: He's been hyping this up for weeks and I was really, really thrilled about the mystery back during this great time. You can see My deep moments about it in the 93 Debut section as well as My all-crucial Odds & Ends in My very special Groundhog Day Showcase :) With so much anticipation by Me and the other fans of this fun era...we waited for this and it was something how excited Heenan was to reveal his new man to take revenge of Mr. Perfect...the curtain raises and it is The Narcissist Lex Luger :o Yes, amazing how he has "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair and now Luger from WCW :o So it was totally radical that this happen and it was done so well. He stood there posing like a bodybuilding like he is and was about to be again but more on this in a moment.

He continues to pose as Bobby hypes him up while women is going nuts over him. He them has a good promo :) After a grand ten minutes or so the curtain closes in on Luger as the show was just about over but Heenan is still hyping him up. A while later he's back with Gorilla Monsoon and he's so happy about this while as usual Monsoon is like "Are you Serious" but Bobby is still happy and in fact this was one his most enjoyable moments that he had in wrestling :)

As a special flashback it was at WCW SuperBrawl II, February 29, 1992 at the MECCA Arena in Milwaukee, Wisconsin as Luger loses the WCW World Title to Sting. Then two short months later at Wrestlemania 8 on April 5, 1992, at the Hoosier Dome in Indianapolis, Indiana, Luger appears via Satellite and Heenan is hyping him up then. "The Total Package" then reveals that he is part of the WBF and would be the main attraction there as well on Body Stars. Unfortunately he got in a bad motorcycle accident preventing him to compete. Lou Ferrigno took his place but ultimately Vince McMahon's 1st Monster Gary Strydom won the whole competition and became the face of the WBF. I explain and spotlight the whole thing in My 92 & 93 Special. Ever since I have wondered how it would have been had Luger not get hurt and surely i wasn't alone...would Strydom still have won :?: We'll never know but still, it was great that nearly a year later Luger still showed up and this time was going to be a wrestler with the gimmick of being "The Narcissist" was really right for him IMO and he would a truly great run before he became "The American Original" :)

So now the festivities begin for the actual match that everybody has been waiting for...the WWF Royal Rumble 93 Bout :!: So we here great trumpets and music reminiscent of classic Roman & Greek films of the decades past. We are greeted by Roman Soldiers. One of them is obviously Louie Spicolli which even that is so, he really fits that role nicely. Then Cesar & Cleopatra are not far behind. As I've said before, Vinnie Mac had an obsession that probably many people didn't put 2 + 2 together about, I ALWAYS think outside the box :!: His obsession was of Greek & Ancient Mythology. Think about it for sec...he has/had Titan Sports, TNT/Tuesday Night Titans, LJN's WWF Wrestling Superstars at the Coliseum, Coliseum Home Video, "Immortal" Hulk Hogan, Hercules Hernandez, Titan Tron, Titus O'Neil, Roman Reigns and of course Janus that was part of the WWF Magazine that I showed in My 93 debut section. Do you see and get the connection :?: So having a special event with two presenters of Caesar & Cleopatra was an extremely clever idea for the Greek theme that he built up since he made the WWWF become the WWF/Titan Sports in the early/mid 80s and that WWF Wrestlemania 9 would take place at Caesar's Palace with a huge Greek setting even with the Commentators & Interviewers wearing Togas which as you saw in My 93 Debut Section that Jim Ross DEBUTED at that great WM and he liked being in that :shock: I for one really liked this idea and this entire time :) While they were not wrestlers, Caesar & Cleopatra, were actually a big part of the WWF for a few months starting with the 1993 Royal Rumble. It was all to hype up the FIRST TRUE "Road to Wrestlemania because the winner of the Rumble would face the World Champion. This was the first time when this would happen which would trend even to this very day so see how IMPORTANT 1993 was :?: I hope you realize this whomever is reading My great work here. Caesar & Cleopatra would present the event & winner because Wrestlemania 9 would take place at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA :!: I thought the two were pretty cool. I thought that Caesar had some talent and had a really good voice and Cleopatra was a beauty, in fact I had a small crush on her for a while, I loved her skin tone and their outfits looked very authentic as well :)

So after they leave the leave ring we see a brief interview with Razor Ramon. Raymond Rougeau asks him the hard questions and Razor says that he'll never quite & that he's THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION :shock: See, this predated The Rock's People's Champ by at least three and a half years...again, see how 93 was such a year to know :o

So from another WWF Royal Rumble 93 report from days earlier on, I decided to make a special here of some of the Entries. "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan was presented and had a promo because he won the the first ever WWF Royal Rumble in 1988. The Bezerker is in the Rumble. The legendary Carlos Colon would be a surprising entrant as he is know for his classic bloody wars against Abdullah the Butcher in the World Wrestling Council which as I showed in the My special Prologue, the WWF had many partnerships with other wrestling organizations...the WWC was one of them and this partnership still exists today :o Typoon & "El Matador" Tito Santana are also in the event. Damien Demento & Papa Shango are in the Rumble as two spooky participants. "The Nature Boy" Ric is entered and has a promo. Japanese legend Tenryu returns to the Federation. He was partners with Kitao at the great WWF Wrestlemania 7 in Demolition's last match ever in the WWF. So now we're back LIVE at the WWF Royal Rumble 93 with Ray Rougeau interviewing "Macho Man" Randy Savage in a very good promo. We're heading to the ring "The Fink" is announcing the rules of and to see who drew Number one & #2 but who would they be and how long will they survive :?:

The WWF Royal Rumble 93 is underway :!: Ric Flair drew the number 1 spot :shock: Last year in 92 he drew number 3 and survived the whole thing and won the vacant WWF Championship :o Bob Backlund drew number 2. Just only a few short months he made his comeback and was looking to be on top once again. Flair doesn't shake his hand and this was a pretty big match-up for he time. Next up is Papa Shango but get's eliminated right away from Flair which was disappointing. Here comes Ted DiBiase, Nasty Boy Brian Knobbs & Virgil. the former Boss & Bodyguard go at it once again and continues their feud. Next up is "The King" Jerry Lawler in his anticipated debut ans he looks great. Flair & Lawler go head to head which that was a dream-match and would be a main event anywhere :!: Next is "The Comet Kid" Max Moon and he looks great as well but Lawler makes quick work of him.

Here comes Genichiro Tenryu :!: He's made his return to the World Wrestling Federation and who is he going after :?: It's Ric Flair which another dream-bout is happening before our eyes :o Here comes Mr. Perfect and he's got his sights on The Nature Boy while Tenryu & DiBiase are going at it. Flair & Hennig have a go continuing their feud. Here comes Skinner :!: He helps Flair but get's overpowered and eliminates Flair and Bobby Heenan goes ballistic at the commentator's table because his man in the Rumble is now gone :o As seen in My [b]93 Programming Special, Flair & Perfect fought each other the next night on Monday Night Raw which was a loser leaves the WWF match. Flair lost that and returned to the WCW. So now back at the Royal Rumble, Mr. Perfect eliminates Skinner oh but wait, he holds on to the rope and lifts himself up which he was one of the few that ever did this during this time that seems to be seen all to often in the modern era. Skinner laughs like the big heel that he is but Mr. Perfect was watching him then dropkicks him out of the ring and this time Skinner is eliminated for sure :!:

Here comes Headshrinker Samu while Afa is bringing him to the ring. The Bezerker is coming down to the ring minus Mr. Fuji because Fuji is preparing his new man Yokozuna :!: Mr. Perfect eliminates The King but with some help from inside eliminates Perfect and they battle outside the ring :shock: Lawler is walking to the backstage area curtain then The Undertaker's number is next which is #15 and he doesn't want no part of him as he got scared while Paul Bearer is leading him to the ring :blbat: The Berzerker knocks Backlund thru the middle rope, he goes out the same way to ensure he's still in the match. He get's to the floor and grabs a steel chair. 93 is when weapons were really starting to be picked up & used in all three major Federations that being the WWF, WCW & ECW, again you see how important 93 was :)

So The Berzerker continues to be extreme. The Refs are telling him to stop so he puts the chair down and lifts up the floor mat and slams Backlund hard on the concrete floor :!: The Undertaker eliminates Samu in a very scary botch as Samu got his neck caught in the ropes nearly breaking his neck :shock: It's still a cringing moment today :o Tenryu trie shis shot against The Phenom while High Energy's Koko. B Ware & Money Inc/'s Ted DiBiase are going at it. Tenryu fails and as The Deadman eliminates him then fights The Million Dollar Man. The Bezerker looks on and teams with him and attacks Taker. Now it's Taker & TMDM and The Viking & Koko. A new entrant is coming to the ring and his running...both Monsoon & Heenan acknowledge greatly who it is...it;s "Terrific" Terry Taylor. He goes at with Ware while Bezerker is holding him then The Birdman and the former Red Rooster are both thrown out by DiBiase :!: The Undertaker chokeslams him and throws him out now it's just the two big, nearly seven footers to go at it one on one :!:

While their going at it you hear the crowd screaming like something is wrong :? All of a sudden here comes this giant man with Dr. Harvey Whippleman with him. He's in a bodysuit looking like a Neanderthal or a Yeren. This was so awesome when I first seen this happen on VHS. It was so cool that this was El Gigante from WCW. If nobody watched WCW and/or looked at & read the black & white wrestling magazines such as Pro Wrestling Illustrated then this was a major surprise for them :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: I know he get's a bad wrap by so many people especially people who never experienced this when it happen...you can thank the Internet for that and the likes of Wrestlecrap & OSW :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: So he's coming to the ring as Whippleman is pointing to The Undertaker and he says "that's the man that messed Me up :!:" and Heenan says how big is that man :?: It looks like he's 20, 30 feet tall :lol: :o The Bezerker is just pounding on The Undertaker but then get's eliminated by him at the same time as this Giant is stepping over the top rope and confronting The Undertaker and dwarfing him as he's about a foot taller than the 6' 11" Undertaker. He attempts to thrust chop this monster but knocks him over the top rope and onto the concrete floor thus eliminating him. Even though this giant wasn't an official participant, like it or not anything goes in a Royal Rumble.

He follows him and continues to strike him. The Next official entrant comes to the ring and it's Damian Demento :!: The giant throws him to the steel ring steps. Bobby Heenan comes to the conclusion about Harvey Whippleman saying that he was going to drop a bomb...Heenan says that's the bomb...THAT'S THE BOMB :!: Gorilla says that this is the bomb for what The Undertaker did to Kamala at the WWF Survivor Series 92 in the Casket Match :!:

The Undertaker get's back in the ring and this unknown giant chokeslams him to the mat then drags him to the corner ring post attempting to destroy his leg while looking at the crowd saying "how about that Undertaker" huh" meanwhile Demento is looking on very hesitantly to get into the squared-circle then Money Inc's I.R.S. along with Jimmy "The Mouth of the South" Hart takes their time getting to the ring not to mention that Bob Backlund is still laid out cold thanks to the hands of The Bezerker :!:

After destroying The Undertaker, this new giant with Whippleman which would be known as The Giant Gonzales the following Monday on WWF Monday Night Raw is leaving while he is nodding to the crowd and says "yeah, yeah" to the plebeians that he ended The Phenom of the World Wrestling Federation :!:

So after Gonzales & Whippleman leaves, the action now starts to officially begin once again. Backlund get's back in the ring just to be pummeled by Demento & Schyster. Undertaker can't get up. Next up is big fan favorite "Native American" Tatanka. He comes to Backlund's rescue of sorts. Paul Bearer arrives and holds up the Urn and says "The Power of the Urn" and The Undertaker rises up and limps to the dressing room backstage area. The crowd went nuts for this, agin, fans were so different then. Next up is Nasty Boy Jerry Sags then Natural Disaster Typhoon :!:

Next up is Headshrinker Fatu. Afa beats the heck out of him before he even got to the ring :lol: Here comes The Canadian Earthquake. We have a 89 Royal Rumble Demolition moment as both Natural Distasters fight each other but unlike Demolition, they don't stop fighting. We haven't seen them fight each other since Typhoon was Tugboat Tyler back in 91 :shock: Typhoon get's the best of the brawl with a head full of steam charging into the corner...

but he misses and Earthquake eliminates him and he's like sorry, I had to to do it. I thought this came out of nowhere but it was also fun to watch. This didn't end their team even though both would leave in 93 then come back in 94. Sags attacks Earthquake, Backlund & Demento go at it. Here comes Caribbean Legend Carlos Colon. This was something that he appeared here. He faces "The Tax Man", "El Matador" Tito Santana is next to enter the fray :!:

The Strike Force feud is reignited as "The Model" Rick Martel is next and fights his former partner Tito Santana while Earthquake eliminates Irwin. Then argues with Nasty Boy Sags. Oh boy, here comes Yokozuna at number 27, with Mr. Fuji proudly waving the Japanese Flag. This was My most anticipated entrant and I hope it was most of other people's as well. Jack Doan awaits to be handed Yoko's huge robe. He enters the ring and attacks everybody but Tatanka has a stand off with the Grand Champion but get's eliminated just like that :o

Yokozuna faces Carlos Colon and eliminates him with ease as well. Earthquake points his finger at him because he was a former Gaijin Sumo Wrestler and he retired UNDEFEATED :shock: This is one of the best moments ever in a Royal Rumble as they have a mini-sumo match. Earthquake tries but cannot knock this newcomer down...

he avalanches him in the corner...he attempts it again but misses, Yokozuna belly-to-bellies Earthquake and get's him over the top rope and eliminates him :o That's nearly five-hundred pounds lifting nearly his own weight up and over :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: I loved Yokozuna the first moment I first saw his debut and I adored this :) Yokozuna was so strong too. "The Rocket Owen Hart & The Repo Man are next to enter the event. Repo is immediately greeted with a huge headbutt by Yoko :!: Everybody in the ring tries to eliminate the huge mammoth but he isn't budging one inch :!:

The man that drew Number Thirty is none other than "Macho Man" Randy Savage. He goes straight for The Repo Man which they would have a feud as seen in My 93 Programming Section. Next to be eliminated is Tito Santana by Yokozuna. Sags has The Model in his clutches however Owen Hart eliminates Sags via a dropkick as Martel moved out of the power struggle. Martel thought he threw High Energy's Owen out as he is celebrating but Hart pulls off what Skinner did earlier bringing himself back in the ring. His future tag partner in 95, Yokozuna would throw him out very hard as Owen lands very badly on his leg which looked liked a very scary, cringe-worthy botch :roll: Savage eliminates Repo Man. Backlund is still in there now fighting Martel and he's able to eliminate him over the post and onto the floor :!: Backlund has been in this since the match started...he's 43 years old here as Monsoon & Heenan has been pointing out which this was old for a wrestler back then but is nothing compared to now if you watch the current WWE Roster and if you especially listen to AEW's owner Tony Khan that guys in their 50s & 60s such as JJ Jeff Jarrett & Sting are in their prime...ARE IN THEIR PRIME :o I couldn't believe it when he said that yet how many people really thought of it during them press conference :o Now Backlund's attention is on Yokozuna which his tiresome punches are having no effect on him as the former WWF Champion is seriously running out of steam here. Yoko is tired too and he looks at Bob like your kidding Me right while Macho is still laid out in the corner from the severe damage brought on by the Sumo Wrestler.

Backlund looks frighted and confused of what he should do. He dropkicks Yoko to no avail. Backlund runs toward him really slow and get's caught by the monster and get's thrown out :shock: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Backlund made a very important record here. he was in the match for 1:01:10 beating Flair's record from the 92 Rumble by 2 minutes. Backlund's record would stand till Rey Mysterio beat it it about a minute 13 years later in 2006 so again, 93 had yet another Milestone :!: Yokozuna is nearly exhausted but he's not wasting time as he's going straight for Randy choking him in the corner. Macho fights back and get's the upper-hand with a top rope Axe handle stunning Yokozuna :!:

Macho continues to stun Yoko but out of nowhere he superkicks Savage :o He then belly-to-belly suplexs him then Mr. Fuji orders Yoko to do a huge legdrop and he does with all of his 500 pounds crashing down onto Macho's face :!: Yoko bows to his master with a great mean look on his face :batgrin:

Yoko throws Macho to the corner and back-splashes him :!: Mr. Fuji says to splash him one more time while Savage is still in the corner stunned and helpless, Yoko runs a head full of steam & charges but misses, he falls down which is not considered a "knock down". Randy Savage get's some engery going thru his body and performs his elbow drop and attempts to "pin" Yokozuna but there is no pinfalls ever in a battle much less a Royal Royal :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Yoko powers up and bench-press throws him out of the ring and onto the concrete floor...that's how powerful Yokozuna is and by doing this he won the WWF Royal Rumble :shock: I always thought it was such a stupid decision that Savage did that, so did My Grandpa PoPo :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: So while Macho Man Randy Savage is on the floor, Caesar & Cleopatra's music hit and they are coming down the isle completely ignoring the totally exhausted and fallen Savage which is what ancient royalty always did but he does tag a fan to show that he's for the people ;) They are congratulating Yokozuna because he's their gladiator to fight the champion at Caesar's Palace at Wrestlemania IX :)

Mr. Fuji & Yokozuna follow them to the backstage area and one of the best and most exciting Royal Rumbles ends with many pictures from the event however I decided to put some in there that I couldn't use earlier that I thought were really good so make sure to take a gander at'em ;) It ends with Bret "Hitman" Hart confronting Yokozuna as a brief preview as to what is going to be seen at Wrestlemania 9 at Caesar's Palace just a few short months away :o

I hope you like all of this and maybe you didn't see any of this iconic great stuff before. Perhaps there was some things that you forgot or didn't notice because if your like your Me then you watch things more than once and notice new things every time. Next I will post the aftermath of the WWF Royal Rumble 93 and then most of everything that happen at WMIX so be on the look out for that great stuff soon :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:53 pm

To this day, Royal Rumble 1993 is still my favorite Royal Rumble of ALL-TIME. It's the first one I ever watched, it was on PPV live and it's the one I watched again and again more than any other one and I still love it to this day. So many amazing moments.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:20 am

Acid, I had no idea that the 93 Royal Rumble was the first ever you watched much less saw it on PPV over & over again :o I hope you saw how I started this 93 with the prologue, debuts & programming because if you read the stuff that I said here then you know 93 was such an important year for wrestling and I'm one of the view people on the entire web that's doing things about it. If your kinda afraid of talking about 93 don't be, don't listen to OSW & WrestleCrap, I've said this in the beginning. As you saw how much I loved the 93 RR too, it is arguably the best one. It's really a shame that other don't see how darn fun it was back then. I hope you like what I'm doing, next I will present Wrestlemania 9 which was one of the best WMs too ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:02 am

I have no recollection of this Rumble at all. I'm pretty sure '92 was the last one I saw live until the '99 Rumble. I don't even think I ever heard of the Hellraisers. That was certainly a pair.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:58 am

Well then PB you missed a great event & time but thanks to Me you now saw it via pictures and saw how cool it was :) There's never been a Rumble like it and really there's never been a time like 93 either. 94 - 96 was really last of the classic feeling Rumbles & times. Yes, The Hellraisers were some team in Japan. Like I said before, I'm covering mostly WWF in this topic but I will show what the other Federations were doing too or if somebody was just there like The Steiners & Luger were just in WCW etc. This Rumble is also special to Acid so its great to know that I wasn't the only one. If you have the chance PB, I would watch this on Peacock or on whatever you can, there is nothing like watching old wrestling events to reminisce especially if you missed them :) Soon I will do special stuff that happen after this plus Westlemania 9, that WM was the most unique ever. Thanks for checking this out PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT