Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Yo, Do You Remember: 1993 Royal Rumble!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Yo, Do You Remember: 1993 Royal Rumble!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:36 am

Pic is from Retroprowrestling.

So long ago in the WWF Magazine in the 90s, one of My favorite parts of it was Yo, do you Remember? I wanted to bring something like it back. So PB, I was thinkin', much like your funny Dad's Jokes topic, I could do one like this. There is a lot of'em I could post.

OK, first up is Charlie Minn. He was hired in the fall of 1994 during the heyday of the New Generation and was only there a few months. I thought he was funny but many people considered him insane. He was a sports broadcaster.

Alright PB, let Me know what ya think, I could continue this topic often for fun + nostalgia :)
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:10 am, edited 6 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Yo, Do You Remember: The Return (WWF Edition)!

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:48 am

Cool idea. I actually thought of doing something similar when we were talking about Outback Jack, like a forgotten wrestler topic, so I look forward to who you dig up. Two of my personal favorites I was thinking of were Lanny Poffo and Iron Mike Sharpe,
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:17 pm

OK great, I can do them for you! Don't forget, I made another topic that is similar in the other miscellaneous wrestling topic that I thought would be fun. I might do a WCW/NWA/AWA/USWA/SMW & more as well...we'll see ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:36 am

OK PB ask and you shall receive ;)

Do you remember "Leaping/The Genius" Lanny Poffo :?:  

He was the brother of the late great "Macho Man" Randy Savage. Like his brother, he was very characteristic, very talented, had a great personality and a great wrestler too! I loved his time of 1989 - 1990 with Mr. Perfect. He returned in very late 1991 with the Beverly Brothers! Shame he never reached top star status however :roll:

To know all about him here is is WIKIPEDIA PAGE!

Do you remember "Iron" Mike Sharpe :?:

He was a very big guy that started good but later became an enhancement talent and was stuck in limbo for the longest time. It was like, did this guy ever win or was he even capable of winning :? I mean he must have one of the all-time biggest losing streaks ever :? Every week he would lose on all WWF programing for many years in the 80s - 90s and it seemed like he lost on every single RAW from 93 to 95 :o He was one of the loudest & grumpiest wrestlers of all-time IMO! Unfortunately he past away not too long ago in 2016 :(

Here is his WIKIPEDIA PAGE!

I hope you liked that PB. I'll have some more entries soon and I hope they'll be surprsising :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:19 pm

Ah, these two were two of my favorite lower card wrestlers. I'm not sure who I've told this story to already, so forgive me if I have, but back in what I believe was 1986 (because it was the first time I saw Jake the Snake Roberts) my aunt and uncle took my sister and me to a WWF house show at the old Buffalo War Memorial Auditorium. I don't really remember much from the card because I would've been 8, but I remember Jake the Snake, and I also remember my sister caught one of Lanny Poffo's frisbees. Man, I wish to god I still had that around. So I was always a fan of Poffo after that. And his name wasn't too different from Larry, so...(Lawrence Taylor was one of my favorite NFL player back then).

And Iron Mike Sharpe, I just remember the noises he would make and that forearm brace he always had on. Man, he was fun to hate! But he was a name I'll always remember. Good stuff.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:11 am

Man, that sounds great, Gosh I recommend you a make a topic dude like I did about your live events that you went to :o

Funny, I've always liked guys with the name Larry like Larry Fine, Larry Walker etc. Oh and also like the guy that Larry guy supports WrestleTalk: Larry, nobody names their kids this anymore. Yeah, that's the guy's name :lol:

Yes, like I said, IMO, "Iron" Mike Sharpe was the loudest & grumpiest wrestler of all-time!

Look for more entries real soon + I will have a spinoff of this in the WCW/ECW/Miscellaneous section so keep your eye on that soon too ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:55 pm

Oh man, Iron Mike Sharpe. I loved that guy. His overreacting was hilarious. I loved when he would sell to a smaller guy like Owen and he would shout super loud. He played the clumsy lumbering lummox very well.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:18 am

Yep Acid, he was great yet funny & ridicules at the same time :lol:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:49 am

Do remember the Mystery Man Attacker in 1991!

He was never given an official name or even a identity. Fans have named him The Run-In-Man - Mr. Run In - The Mariner - Fur Face.

It was actually Brutus Beefcake :shock: This was a way for him to get back in the ring wearing protective gear due to his parasailing accident. Oh I remember it but didn't know who it was till many years later!

Brutus Beefcake Wikipedia page!

Amazing how Brutus years after this even in WCW had trouble with identities and couldn't stay away from Earthquake :lol:

Tons more to come :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:36 am

Yo, I don't remember that at all but it's probably not even the worst gimmick Ed Leslie ever had.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT