Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:24 am

Cool, I bought WWE Mark Henry figure to try and make Waller from eventually so I'll be curious to see how you went about it. I'm currently working several things but hope to have Dr. Psycho and Nightshade done next.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:43 pm

I have the same guy...at least I think that's his name...kinda got a grumpy face going on but that's all part of Amanda's charm...looking forward to yours too
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Webslinger » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:15 pm

Was thinking of swapping head on Elongated Man from the DC signature Series and replace it with Plastic Man's head to make a Flashpoint Plas, or at least as close as I could get without repainting etc hehe. What do you all think about that idea?
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby HectorHall » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:06 pm

That sounds like it would work, you got me thinking I might want to try a Flashpoint Aquaman
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:18 pm

Why would anyone make a Flashpoint anything? Yuck.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:21 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Why would anyone make a Flashpoint anything? Yuck.

Cuz Aquaman was a total badass in that story
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:31 pm

Aquaman has always been a badass
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:23 pm

Hahahaha
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Check out this cool tutorial on sculpting scale mail armor by Supertom over on the Fwoosh forums.
Supertom wrote:Well I've had a ton of requests for this so without further adieu:

Sorry for the small image but it should take you to my photobucket where you can view a larger image. If anyone knows how I can make the image show up larger here please let me know!
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:58 pm

While putting up my collection over the weekend I noticed that the hips to my MS Ultron was very loose, so I was using the drop of glue method to fix them. Which worked out great on the first one, but on the second one I got a phone call while I was working the joint, and I goofed and let it set too long without moving the joint and it wasn't loose anymore :( Trying to free it I broke the peg in the waist, so I was off to search the fodder bins to see what I had that could be used to fix the problem. What I found that worked the best was a set of Mr. Sinister shoulder joints. To make them work the best I drilled out the upper thighs a little, and coated the sockets with clear nail polish. While painting the joints I decided that I wanted to paint the entire figure with a little shiner silver. So I made the best out of a little accident.

Also a friend hooked me up with the missing parts that I needed for my ML Forge, but the head was missing the ponytail. To the fodder bins! I'll take some better pictures later, but what I did was to cut the ponytail off of a Spider-Girl. To attach it I made a peg where the hair can be poseable, and also touched up the face and dry-brushed the cybernetic parts. I'll eventually go back and repaint the rest of the figure as well.

You know I've always wondered what they were thinking with this costume design for Forge. The cybernetic leg looks cool... but why would you cut the thigh part of your pants off, but leave the part covering your lower leg held on with straps :batconfused: :batlol:
Last edited by 1987olds442 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs