Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Gotham TV Series!

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Gotham TV Series!

Postby Webslinger » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:22 pm

I already saw it guys hehe, my theory is that it is the Joker since he has "shiny shoes"
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Avalon » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Did the kid comedian have shiny shoes? I'll have to watch it again.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Webslinger » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:30 pm

I'm thinking that is the joker...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:07 pm

I felt the pacing was decent, Penguin was the best character introduced so far; Gordon was played well; Fish was over the top gangsta; Selina stealing milk just to give it to a stray cat was too deliberate; the "showdown" in the GCPD was very cliche; the Wayne murders while obviously needed, was very hastily done and almost a small footnote; while Bullock was a stereotypical detective with a drinking problem.

Other than that, I enjoyed it...but they REALLY need to step it up and fast
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Illiasc » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:14 pm

I think the milk/cat scene was for the vast majority of viewers who'd never recognize Catwoman like that, especially with goggles. Oswald got the nickname Penguin in the first episode, so I figure they felt a need to give her a silent yet still obvious intro that anyone can identify. I too felt it was a bit overdone, but, I understand their reasoning.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Skullmaster » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:23 pm

Yeah I felt the same way about the GCPD hostage scene. It was super cheesy. I liked most of the show. Especially Penguin and Riddler so far.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:29 pm

I'm curious if Harvey Dent or Thomas Elliot will be introduced as childhood friends of Bruce Wayne.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:26 pm

I think I've heard rumors before of Harvey Dent making an appearance in the show at some point this season. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if he did. If/when, I can't wait.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:49 pm

I've been avoiding this thread like the plague. I finally got to see a recording of this today. I absolutely love it and so do my roomies. The only characters who I'm not completely sold on are Bullock and Montoya. Montoya seems out of place and Bullock seems a bit off to me. He appears too suave and smooth talking and doesn't remind me of the Bullock of the comics or the Batman animated series from the early nineties. Gordon is great. I think they made a great choice in the actor. I liked the villain actors, particularly how Riddler is portrayed as a member of GCPD. Is this idea this borrowed from Arkham Origins or am I remembering this incorrectly? Been a long while since I played that game. Riddler might have gotten the least screen time but could be my favourite appearance of all. Kind of like Alfred, too. This one has a harder edge to him.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:08 pm

Just watched it. Was decent. Bruno Heller can do a cop drama in his sleep but I thought there'd be more recognizable Gotham characters involved. Seriously, surprised they couldn't cram every Batman villain ever into an hour show. Guess we have to wait for the extended version.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies