Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Gotham TV Series!

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Gotham TV Series!

Postby Illiasc » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:13 pm

That's why I set myself to expect less. I actually figured they might introduce very few, then gradually fill in the spectrum of villains as the season advances. Thus, I was pretty pleased to see the assortment they gave us in the pilot. Which, makes me wonder if they'll take a break for the next couple or continue introducing more characters.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:03 am

I love the opening show and I'm looking forward seeing the next show as well and one character that I really like is Gordon being played by Benjamin McKenzie.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:10 am

I found Penguin's little side story to be pretty entertaining on tonight's episode. I thought the Carmine Falcone and Fish Mooney stuff was pretty good, too. I wasn't that interested in the main story of this episode, though. The whole thing with the kids getting abducted for the Dollman thing and Selina Kyle's side story.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:08 pm

I watched it. I'm honestly not sure if this one was better or worse than the first one. I liked some parts of it more and liked some parts of it less. Overall it was "Eh... not bad.".
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:16 pm

I can't believe I missed and forgot to record this episode, so, I'll be behind on how it goes until Friday when it re-airs. :batblush: The rest of the season is thankfully set to record now, though. If I'm not too impressed with the next few episodes I'll certainly still give it time.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:13 am

I sorta liked this episode but they're repeating a lot of the same things and it's getting tiring. "It's cat!" "Don't call me Penguin." Reminds me of when SHIELD did the "In English." techie gag. :blhal:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Illiasc » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:34 pm

Agreed with the repetitiveness, AcidDragon. I finally got to watch it today and thought it was a tad better than the last, but maybe that's because I'm getting to know it more. Not that the episode was actually much better, just, I'm getting to like the show more with time. I really liked Cobblepot's sidestory, Mooney's acting was quite excellent in my opinion, and the Dollman thing, yeah it wasn't all thaat good but it certainly helped add to the "depressing creepy" nature of Gotham in general as a city of problems for everyone. I'm a bit anxious to see more involving Crispus and Renee, personally.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:30 pm

I'm surprised at how much I actually like Mooney's character in some scenes.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:34 pm

When Falcone tells her of what Penguin snitched about, such as her wanting to take him down - Her reaction there was my favorite of her bits in the episode. Her bottled up rage and disgust was great!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:43 pm

Yup she looked and sounded genuinely pissed off in that scene. The whole scene was pretty good actually because of the subject matter of that poor guy getting the boots to him and she just had to sit there and smile. Tension was just right.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies