Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Christmas at the Movies: Trailers!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Christmas at the Movies: Trailers!

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:27 pm

I actually looked at those lists yesterday. Wasn't really much to add this year since few people are around.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:49 am

How about that. Well I just wanted to remind you and whomever is reading this ;) I never saw 1984's Don't Open Till Christmas nor do I think I ever knew about that...boy I'm glad I never wanted to dress up as Santa :shock: I might check that one out :scaq: :blaq:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:54 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:17 am

I never saw the Three Godfathers, that was unique.

OK, everybody (the web in general) always says about Die Hard whether it's a Christmas movie or not. What their doing is not thinking nor talking about other movies that take place around or on Christmas that even predates it. My favorite of these is Chuck Norris' Invasion USA :!:

I have a special little story here. Long ago back at the old house when I'd play with My friends Timmy & Jenny. One day their dad Randy talked to Me and asked Me about if I want to see a movie. He knew I liked action and martial arts. That movie was Invasion USA :o This moment is still with Me and I'm glad of it. This was the second film I saw of Chuck Norris which the one I posted in the regular Movie Trailers topic was the first which was Silent Rage and Return of the Dragon being movie number 0 since it was a Bruce Lee film. I don't know where he got it from which is a darn shame I don't recall that :roll: It had to been from one of Our great local movie outlets that I showcased either it being Annie Burke's Daughter's Movie Mogul, Rainbow Video or Verna's Mr. T's. I don't think that 7-11 was renting movies yet. All of these places were so close to Us. See don't forget I've talked about Timmy & Jenny along with their parents Randy & Dana before, they were My next door neighbors during a time you knew the whole block and people were so much different than they are today. So here's Chuck Norris' Invasion USA, the Christmas movie that came out in 1985 and it's still one of My top Chuck Norris films, he looked so good here with that iconic attire :scbat:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:42 pm

Never heard of that, almost feels like a spoof trailer in it's over the top-ness, but that's the beauty of the 80s, lol. Kind of feels like The Night the Reindeer Died.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:50 am

I never saw The Bishop's Wife, that looked good :scww:

Really :?: It's one of Norris' biggest films and his most iconic look besides Braddock & Walker. I assure you it's not a spoof, it's actually a seriously deep dark film plus it was Cannon, most of their movies were big over the top. Richard Lynch was such a great Villain and Billy Drago was too (Drago was in many of Chuck Norris films & episodes as different characters, kinda like his son Mike). However I know what you mean about the feel of The Night the Reindeer Died. A big reason why it does is because the SAME announcer/narrator that spoke in that trailer did that one in Scrooged but keep in mind, Scrooged came out in 1988, Invasion USA was out in 1985 and that was the original trailer that I provided :shock:

There is other films of a similar manner that is actually Christmas movies that people doesn't talk about that predated Die Hard. Now keep in mind I'm not bashing Die Hard, I love the franchise, it's just that it get's so much attention while the others are disregarded and 9 times out of 10 nobody mentions them. For instance, the great movie that I spotlighted before...Cobra starring Sylvester Stallone is actually a Christmas movie and it came out in 1986 :shock: Speaking of Scrooged, it has it's 35th anniversary this year however, Richard Donner, the director of the film (and the executive producer of that Christmas Tales from the Crypt episode: And All Through the House that you posted as well as Timeline that I showcased) did a Christmas film a year before Scrooged...what was it called :? It was called Lethal Weapon in 1987 :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:10 pm

I've heard Lethal Weapon mentioned as a Christmas movie. It's been years since I watched the first one and I can't say I really remember much of it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:00 pm

Weird, how is Lethal Weapon a Christmas movie? I've got to check that out again. It's been a while. I know Die Hard was considered one by some. It's a pretty good flick but as mentioned here already, gets a lot of attention while some other also deserving flicks do not. Had no idea Cobra could be considered a Christmas movie as well. I've got to revisit all these action movies. It's been some time.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:50 am

I never saw The Man Who Saved Christmas but I recall that.

PB - That's good. Well they made 4 of them and all have great consistently and moments. I'd really check them out. I always considered the Die Hard & Lethal Weapon franchises to be in the same vain really because of numerous reasons including their scores are composed by Michael Kamen and they're from the 80s & 90s.

Acid - Look at the trailer again, their Christmas light all around there. Yeah, Cobra is even First Blood takes place around Christmas :o Action & Mrtial Arts movies has always been like My number 1 kind of film, like I said before Martial Arts and Wrestling goes hand in hand ;)

OK, here's Die Hard 2: Die Harder from the superb fun year of 1990 and I'm posting this because yes, it's Christmas again :scbat: :scww: :scsm: :schal: :scmm: :scbaf: :scaq: :blaq:

NOTE: The movie actually came out on the Fourth of July but was just about in time on VHS for Christmas :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:21 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions