Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Christmas at the Movies: Trailers!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Christmas at the Movies: Trailers!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:23 am

I never saw the Bad Santa movies. Maybe sometime later.

OK, one last Christmas movie and this one should be obvious then again I don't know. It's Shazam that came out in 2019 :!: I'm not gonna say much cause later down the road I plan on doing a special spotlight on the newer DCU movies. I'll just say it was a surprisingly good film and has one of the most epic movie scores of all-time :scbat: :scww: :scsm:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:43 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:49 pm

I've got one more flick to watch tonight. Any suggestions??
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby OneNineSix » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:50 pm

I suggest anything except Christmas with the Kranks. Haha just kidding but not really.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:21 pm

I watched Bad Santa this morning, can't go wrong with that. 8-Bit Christmas was quite awful. The recent horror Christmas trailers I posted looked pretty interesting but I haven't watched any of them. If you can find Carol for Another Christmas, that was an interesting film I just watched recently. It's a modern (1964) Christmas Carol by Rod Serling. There's a clip from it in the Countdown thread from a few days ago. It's a little heavy-handed but I thought some of the dialogue was interesting and it's a pretty good cast. Santa Claus Conquers the Martians is always a fun bad movie, too. Scrooged is a yearly must.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:09 pm

Damn was that movie bad? 8-Bit Christmas that is. I was hoping it would be good.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:19 pm

It's got a couple nice nostalgia moments, but I didn't make it through the whole thing. There was a point where I just gave up because it was pretty over-the-top bad. I dunno, maybe a small kid would like it more but then what would a small kid get out of an 80s fladhback? I guess I like A Christmas Story, but that's infinitely more watchable at any age. I won't spoil anything if anyone wants to watch. There's some cool Nintendo moments, like when he plays Rampage, but overall the story was tough to sit through.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:54 pm

I never seen The Naughty Nine before PB.

Acid, did you see My trailers to Shazam :?: That is a good one there and I'm not the biggest fan of modern stuff either.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:15 pm

I honestly haven't watched a DC or Marvel movie beyond Justice League and End Game. I just couldn't muster the interest. Really, the only new Christmas movie I watched this year that I hadn't see before was that Carol for Another Christmas (unless you count getting 60% or so through 8-Bit). Otherwise I watched parts or all of movies like Scrooged, Elf, Christmas Vacation, The Santa Clause, etc. Krampus was better than I expected going in. Nothing I'd watch yearly, but I was surprised that I liked it more than I anticipated. That Naughty Nine just came out this year. It's been on the Disney Channel a few times but I haven't watched it. Otherwise I watched a bunch of cartoons from Disney, Spongebob, the Rankin/Bass stuff, Southparks, The Simpsons, etc.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:51 pm

I see PB. There's nothing like than watching the classics ;) :scbat: :scww: :scsm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Discussions