Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 2!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: UPDATE ADDED 3/7/21!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:44 pm

T-Rex (Red): This is second version of the Tyrannosaur King. Look at all of that awesomeness! NOTE: IMO he resembles Diablo from the classic Primal Rage video game :o

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:45 pm

Spinosaurus: My favorite Theropod of all and this figure doesn't disappoint. Look & that snout, sail, and them large thumb claws! He is so superb!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:45 pm

The Seismosaurus: Here he is, the one you have been waiting for! He is a BAF and each of his body parts was in the packaging of each of the figures in the series. His size, sculpting & paint is dynamic and being a Sauropod, he looks tremendous. Obviously the selling point of the set and arguably the best of the entire series!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:46 pm

Set: Look at all of them together!

Well, I hope you have enjoyed this Kabaya Dinosaur showcase. Questions & comments please. If you missed out out My other dino pics then please look back within this topic :) Look for more Dinosaur & Prehistoric animals in this topic soon! Till next time, I'll see you around ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:31 pm

Wow, really digging these dinosaur figurines. Nice update! My favorite are probably the Seismosaurus and the Spinosaurus. That's such a cool concept, a dinosaur BAF. Great stuff.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:12 pm

Thanks a lot :D I'm glad you liked them dude. I don't blame on whom your faves are and yes, I thought that the BAF concept into this series was really cool too.

Stay tuned for more, lots more Dinosaurs & Prehistoric Animals coming up soon :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: UPDATE ADDED 3/16/21!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:15 am

OK, here is My 4th update to My Dinosaur collection. Now, this time we are going down a different pathway than usual. I had mentioned about Prehistoric animals. Well, today I am featuring three different species from three different time periods, the Paleozoic, the Mesozoic and the Cenozoic and all are made by Safari. If you are not familiar with them, they are a top prehistoria & wild life figure company. When I was heavily into Dinosaurs in the 2000s, arguably more than anything, I was collecting this type and that set left & right. My favorite kind however as you have seen previously to this showcase is the Japanese Dino figures. Oh but wait, the USA has some great ones as well. When I was keeping up with upcoming figures from various companies, I just fell in love with these three versions by Safari. With offerings from companies like these that weren't actually part of a set, I could cherry-pick (something I don't like doing but sometimes I do) because I want variety and stuff that I never had before. So, these were so ideal for Me. These were released in the late 2000s and pretty cheap at around $10 a pop. I will provide a short commentary and My thoughts of these species so without further-a-do, here they are!

Dunkleosteus, Oviraptor and the Dodo Bird!  

Dunkleosteus: It's name means "Dunkle's bone", this fish was armored and dominated the oceans all over Pangaea 358 MYA of the late Devonian period of the final eras of the Paleozoic. It was a massive hunter, as wide as a car and long as semi-trailer truck. Its head was completely made of bone. I think that Safari really nailed this figure. The sculpting is just tremendous and really shows what a devastating mouth this marine predator had. The paint is good and the color scheme itself maybe questionable but looks realistic none the less. I have always loved this specie. He includes a small booklet that is tied to him.

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:16 am

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:18 am

The Oviraptor: This dino-bird lived in Asia during the last era of the Mesozoic and age of Reptiles known as the Cretaceous. They were cousins of the Dromaesaurs. This very misunderstood dinosaur stood about 5' tall and weighted about 100 lbs. I say misunderstood because hence it's name the "Egg Thief". It was actually great parents like today's modern dinosaurs, the Aves. Paleontologists mistaken this like so many times before of other species but they found out that they were wrong. So, Safari made an extremely realistic version of the correct depiction of a loving mother tending to her nest and her newly hatched chicks. The sculpting is just tremendous. The detail is just unbelievable from all angles and so is the paint. I find this so amazing IMO as it looks like an actual bird and not a specie that existed so long ago. Like the monstrous Dunkleosteus, she too came with a small booklet.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:18 am

The Dodo Bird: Now, this specie is very special to Me. I had studied this particular avian personally. I felt so sorry for it as a whole and I get very emotional just thinking about it. Despite what Paleontologists and scientists say about it, I beg the differ, it existed far beyond prior to the Holocene. These flightless birds were so cute and harmless and knew no fear hence their unnecessary extinction :cry: The Dodo Bird was a Columbiforme and a large one at that reaching the weight of sixty pounds and about two and a half feet tall. This figure was such a must for Me as it had brought a little reality to Me about how they looked in real life tens of thousands of years ago. The sculpting is just so superb. I love the feathers, the beak and his little ears. The Beast Feet is also really good too and check out his puffy-fluffy tail. The paint is great as well. When I first got this figure it brought a bit of sadness but also a lot of joy to Me also. Like his other two counterparts, he too also includes a small detailed booklet.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions