Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 2!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: UPDATE ADDED 3/16/21!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:19 am

Together: So, here is another pic of them next to one-another. Dunkleosteus is about 7" long, the Oviraptor is about 4" high and the Dodo Bird is about 2" tall. If you notice, I have a book as a background, out of My dozens & dozens of Dinosaur & Prehistoric Animal books, it is My favorite one of all-time. Maybe down the road I will showcase it along with My other ones? We shall see.

Well, that is all, I hope you guys have enjoyed this rather different update. I hope you were surprised as well. Stay tuned for more soon :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Stikfas T-REX added!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:19 am

So, this time is the Stikfas Tyrannosaurus Rex! Here;s how he came into My clutches. A long time ago I wanted to collect Stikfas, a ball and socket figure concept that consisted of many kinds of figures including Dinosaurs that were made by Stikfas Pte. Ltd and distributed by Hasbro. When it was all said and done I only got the T-Rex and didn't collect the rest because of reasons. I got him at Entertainment Earth, a great web store that is still going strong as I speak. He was all apart and you had to assembly him but it was fun. He is about 8" long and can range about 5 1/2" to 6" tall. I loved the POA on the figures and all that so that is why wanted the Stifas but I only chose one and I must say he is a dandy.

Original Packaging/Box with 3D/CGI Art :!:

The actual figure :)

Classic & modern stances :o

The Tyrannosaurus Rex Stikfa :!:

Well, there you go for this short but good update. I hope you have enjoyed this. Look for much more coming soon including some dinosaurs that is much larger but quite similar like My Stikfas T-Rex and some awesome vintage figures as well as some really obscure & rare ones as well as some surprises. Until next time I'll see you around :batgrin:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Mini Roboraptor & Robosap

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:41 am

OK, here we go in a different direction to what you have seen previously. Here is the mini versions of the Roboraptor & Robosapien. I got both @ Walgreens back in the mid 2000s. I was still craving prehistoria things after King Kong 05. I thought I should get both of them as a small set to depict in My collection of the usual simian vs. the theropod scenario. I had seen the much larger ones @ target but they were too big & expensive to My liking. These are made by Wowwee, an
Consumer Technology Company that is owned by Hasbro and so I thought it be apropos to continue with Hasbro after My T-REX Stikfas seen prior to this. So, these guys are electronic and battery operated similar like old school robots back in the day. There are no lights & sounds however but they are still fun. The Raptor's jaw opens and closes and the Sapiens's hands/claws open & close as well with a touch of a small button. Unlike their much bigger counter-parts, they do not have remote controls. OK, here is some pis of the. Unfortunately, the Raptor's skin has turned by age but I just pretedn his is shedding his skin ;)

Roboraptor

Robosapien

Scale comparison with 3 3/4" classic G.I. Joe Scarlett!

Well, that's all for now, very soon I will have another dino figure set and it will continue with the Hasbro trend! Till then, I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: JP /// Mini 2-Packs!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:27 am

OK, continuing the Hasbro trend, I got these Jurassic Park /// two-packs of mini figures at Family Dollar. They are in the scale & style of the great Kenner Jurassic Park figures of the 90s. There is 2 versions of a T-Rex, a Spinosaurus, a Stegosaurus, a Triceratops, a Compy and a Pteranodon.

Well, that's for today, I have a ton more to showcase soon, till then I'll you around :D
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:01 pm

Those would make a great monster island dio filler.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:07 am

OneNineSix wrote:Those would make a great monster island dio filler.

Indeed :D
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Thimbles (EMOTIONAL STORY

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:11 am

Well, in the later part of the 2000s probably 2009 when I was talking to My Auntie Wanda (RIP:( on the phone looking for her Dollhouse items and crafts stuff to get on eBay as she always had Me get her stuff there because she was kinda different about online shopping. She'd pay for her items putting the funds in My account and I would have her do the same picking Me up stuff at stores such as Target & Walmart (in the near future you'll see some of the figures & stuff that she picked up for Me over the years). So, it was when I was looking for her thimbles (she was a HUGE thimble collector, I mean she has tons of them like I have figures!) so when I was looking for her thimbles I came across an eBay seller that had this Prehistoric Animal/Dinosaur Thimble set. Now keep in mind that I am not a thimble collector but seeing these I had to have them now! the pictures are very classic looking and good quality. She was a bit surprised about them but I don't think she was interested in them but if she was she never told Me that she wanted them. It's hard to believe she has been gone for many years now, I miss her a lot and these guys always remind Me of her :(  
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:45 am

Thank you for sharing your story with us brutha. I like these thimbles. They look like they have some age and character to them.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:10 am

OneNineSix wrote:Thank you for sharing your story with us brutha. I like these thimbles. They look like they have some age and character to them.

Thanks OneSixNine, i appreciate your acknowledgement :D Yes they do, as I said, I love how "classic" they look :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: MOTU Tyrantisaurus Rex!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:38 am

OK, first up is a selection of My vintage Dinosaurs (2 special sets coming up soon)! I know it is a bit out of the reality of the subject since it's fictional but I did show My Jurassic Park /// figures and have more great stuff from that film as well as others to show off soon as I thought they would fit in here with My collections topic. First up is My Masters of the Universe Tyrantisaurus Rex! My Grandparents got Me him when he came out. He was mostly in the MOTU comics and not in the cartoons. I misplaced his back cover & belly weapon but he still looks good. Like I said before, I was a stupid kid and didn't take care of My vintage MOTU :roll: With that being said, he was never made into the MOTUC/Classics line like he should have been but with exceptions he could still could fit within that said series! Here he is with some pics and size comparison with vintage MOTU Prince Adam! , I hope you enjoy it, comments please :D

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions