Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 2!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Battat 10 Dinosaur Set!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:44 am

So, here is the very long awaited Dino Horizons by COG/Tedco! They are a unique educational toy company. Their lines are so fantastic and organized with storage cases, protective boxes with detailed booklets, this is such a major attractive factor for Me that I felt was so cool yet so important and IMO is something so many action figures lines over the years lacked! IMO, this Dino Horizons line is one of the most complete dino series' ever in many ways! I got these back in the middle/later years of the 2000s from Healthstone Hobbies, a great web store in California that no longer is in business. They had tons of rare dinosaur figures (many that I got from them & yet to be showcased), main-steam series' like Star Wars among other great stuff. It's really a shame that they no longer exist as they were a very fun place for Me to go to and shop at as I just didn't like their products but also the look at their really cool appearing gray site and customer service (sometimes I just hate this day and age for so many reasons and this is one them when ginormous businesses cause smaller ones to go out thus making them nothing more than a memory :roll: :x .

This is an extremely rare, obscure and hard to obtain series and basically, you can only find these on the international market as I speak and even there they are tremendously scarce! There was very few people talking about them back in the day as it was but now, it's even fewer, in fact, only Dinosaur Collector Site A is the one of the very few dinosaur collectors that is only talking about this series and he is the one I believe where I originally found that they even existed :o Also, he too bought his stuff from Healthstone Hobbies as well as they had many cool exclusives not found anywhere else at the time and promotes them on his page from time to time on it...shows you how good it was then :roll: So in other words, I present to you one of the most esoteric collections of dinosaurs or of any type of figure series for that matter as you will not see another person showcasing this series anytime soon unless they got them years ago like I did, see My showcase and suddenly decide to show them off as well :shock: :? :!:

So it was very apropos to show My first ones that I got that started it all for Me about this series...The Match Box Dinosaurs! I loved that these very small figures came in their own greatly sculpted cases that slides in & out for storage that mimics a match box hence the name, it was such a cool & convenient feature to My liking, if only action figures had this feature! The figures themselves are not painted but rather done in a very old school manner yet looking quite modern at that same time! Their sculpting is very decent for the size and you can clearly tell what is specie is what cause their names are sculpted on their stands :o Another factor that was totally awesome is they come with a very small yet quite detailed booklet of all of the dinos in that is in that particular set. There is 4 Match Boxes to collect and there is 8 in each so you get 32 different species of animals in several families! I love that they categorized them in each box. A major aspect I must add is that there are some entries of newly discovered species that is rather surprising but really welcomed as I feel there needs to be a variety and not the same old roster over and over and over again. Without further ado, here they are :!:

Match Box #1: 7 Sauropods + 1 Theropod!

Match Box #2: 8 Theropods!

Match Box #3: 3 Theropods, 1 Ornithopod/Certopsian, 3 Hadrosaurs, and 1 Thyreophoran!

Match Box #4: 2 Ankylosaurs & 6 Ceratopsians!

SPECIAL GALLERY!

All 4 Match Boxes together: Look at that sculpting and I love how you can stack them :o

The Official sculpted logos :!:

The cool Blister Card with identities of each creature!

So there it is, the first part of several of My Dino Horizons by COG/Tedco :!: Next will be part two which is gonna be really good, until then I'll see you around :batsmile:
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 1!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm

Interesting. Never heard of or seen these before. You have so much stuff, my friend.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:27 am

Thanks a lot PB, I appreciate it :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:38 pm

Coool. I think these would make great miniatures for a table top battle game featuring dinosaurs!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:08 am

Thanks Acid, indeed they would ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 2!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:04 am

Well, it's been a long while since I showcased My Dino Horizons Match Box Collection so here we go with My Dino Horizons Mini Dinorama Collection! Unlike before, I got these directly from Tedco/COG's online store long ago when they were around. I will present them in detail. Now these were also a must have for Me because I love dioramas and figures in scenes regardless of what they are. There are four different sets and the selections are pretty decent. These figures are a bit larger than the Match Box ones and are also painted a little amount and molded differently. Each set is unassemebled and includes 2 to 3 animals which the 3rd one is uncredited within the cool booklets that is also included with each one. The landscapes are really nice too, considering the sizes and nature of these, they all look authentic and are really amazing to look at! A cool option is you can make variations of the displays and make species encounter others that never did in real life eons ago. So here we go with the showcase :!:

Here is all four of them in their different colored capsules with the sculpted logos and an example of how they open and what's inside :!:

SET #1 - T-Rex, Triceratops and Protoceratops: These are a great ideal choice but having the Protoceratops was a questionable one to include him here but as stated before you can mix it up and have many different display options!

SET #2 - Allosaurus and Stegosaurus: Another ideal choice to have.

SET #3 - Euoplocephalus, Styracosaurus and Pteronodon: This is a rather odd one but it adds many choices for display variations, in fact, this is arguably My fave of the whole series because of that :!:

SET #4 - Brachiosaurus and Diplodicus: This set is also arguably My favorite. Having these two sauropods is a must especially if you wanna have them against the theropods!

The Blister Cards: I just love the overall appearance of the cards, while it is similar like My previously seen matchbox collection, it clearly has it's differences on the back!

Well, that's all for this one and I hope you enjoyed it:) Part 3 of My Dino Horizons will come soon, don't know when cause there is so much else for Me to showcase in My other topics. Until then I'll see you around :batgrin:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to General Toy Discussions