Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 2!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

My Dinosaur figure collection: Dino Horizons Part 2!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:27 am

I have always been fascinated with the Earth and Nature as a whole since I was little. I studied & loved the Animal Kingdom: in Zoology and Cryptozoology and I love the animals from pre-historia especially from the Mesozoic era. Back when I was younger in My 20s, I was really obsessed with Dinosaurs. In fact I considered Myself to be an amateur Paleontologist but things changed that has since left Me but it sure isn't far behind though as I still love this stuff. I have learned many many things, ideas and theories from people such as scientists and conspiracy theories but I chose to go old school and accept what I have learned in the past.

So, I am starting this topic to showcase My love for Dinosaurs and Prehistoric life in figure form. I have many vintage ones from a long time ago to recent ones that I obtained only a number of years prior. Really, I think the majority of My figure collections consist of Dinosaurs so I have a lot to show you guys in the near future!

So, first up is My complete set of Yujin's Dinosaur Museum! A long while back I featured this as a guest reviewer on MWC...If you want to see My review then please GO HERE! Anyway, I love the small figures that Japan makes (make sure you check out My Godzilla, Gamera and Kong figures elsewhere within the forum) because of the size and extreme detailing they do for the figures. They did cost a lot to get back then but really that was understandable for many reasons.

The Dinosaur Museum figures are arguably My favorite set of all because the detailing and rather obscure entries (at the time) and I really love their bases with size comparison of a human skeleton. All of them are great but the Spinosaurus, Giganotosaurus, T-Rex, Amargasaurus and Therizinosaurus are among My favorites.

So without further delay here we go!

Series 1

Series 2

Pamplet & Assembly

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:03 am, edited 13 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: My Dinosaur figure collection: Commentary abound!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:28 am

Tyrannosaurus Rex

Centrosaurus

Saichania

Stegosaurus

Amargasaurus

Allosaurus

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Triceratops

Spinosaurus

Kentrosaurus

Carnotaurus

Giganotosaurus

Therizinosaurus

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Super Group Shot

That's all for now, I hope you enjoyed this. There is way more come...till next time, see you around  8)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:00 pm

Cool! I love this! I always loved dinosaurs and when I was a little brat, I would spend hours looking at books about dinosaurs and the animal kingdom in general. Where'd you get these? They look like some kind of Japanese miniature line?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:28 am

AcidDragon wrote:Cool! I love this! I always loved dinosaurs and when I was a little brat, I would spend hours looking at books about dinosaurs and the animal kingdom in general. Where'd you get these? They look like some kind of Japanese miniature line?

I'm very glad about that dude. Oh Me and I still do. I have a ton of Dinosaurs books as well as many Animal & Cryptozoology books. I got them from an ebay store years ago that was in Japan...I'm not sure if he is in business anymore. I have several sets that I'll show soon from Japan that I got from sellers on eBay long ago.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:39 pm

It's also really cool that you did a guest review for MWCToys. You did an excellent. How big are these figures? Can you put it next to a MOTUC or DC figure for reference? Thanks!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:21 am

AcidDragon wrote:It's also really cool that you did a guest review for MWCToys. You did an excellent. How big are these figures? Can you put it next to a MOTUC or DC figure for reference? Thanks!

Yes, I wrote several of them for MWC back in the day. Thanks a lot dude :D These guys are really small like many of the small scale figures of this type. I don't have any pics off hand at the moment however, their bases are about the size of an Eisenhower Silver Dollar (38.1 mm (1.5 in) in Diameter) so these guys wouldn't be in scale with MOTUC or anything like that. They really aren't in scale with one other either. I hope that help you out dude :?:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:29 pm

Nice review Brandon. You know I am a really big fan of dinosaurs going way back. These look like they are good quality and have a lot of detail for a smaller scale.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:13 am

OneNineSix wrote:Nice review Brandon. You know I am a really big fan of dinosaurs going way back. These look like they are good quality and have a lot of detail for a smaller scale.

I'm glad of that OneNiceSix. They are very fun. Yes, these Dinos are very good quality and the detail is great for their size. Like I said before, I arguably love the Japanese dinosaur versions & sets more than the one is the US. More to come soon ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to General Toy Discussions