Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 24, 2023 6:24 am

Wow, never saw Cowboy Scott Hall, lol. His 80s Magnum PI look to his 90s Razor Ramon look were vastly different. It's neat to see the transformation. I probably saw him a few times in the AWA as a kid, but would've never thought it was the same guy as Razor Ramon.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 25, 2023 5:13 am

Then you never saw much of WWC or at least WWC in 1990 :o It was all so good PB :) It was cool seeing the transformation indeed.

By the way, that was Steve Keirn aka Skinner in the beginning of that Kevin Sullivan promo.

Gino Hernandez, he was a great one that you never hear anybody ever talk about. Only a couple years later he was dead supposedly of being intoxicated but I never believe it :roll:

OK, speaking of WWC and transformation here is Brusier Brody in WWC...that's Hugo Savinovich interviewing him.

now see how Bruiser Brody was in WCW as Gordon Solie interviews him! Look at his scars :!:

If you don't know Bruiser Brody was murdered by José Huertas González aka Invader I in 1988, 35 years ago this year :o It was in the backstage shower area in WWC in Puerto Rico. He stabbed him to death :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: He acted like it was self defense and he was released and Bruiser Brody never got any justice :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Bruiser Brody was the inspiration for Mr. Brodie Lee and their both gone :roll:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 25, 2023 1:19 pm

Yeah, I know all about Brody's unfortunate death. Real tragic what happened and nothing came from it. Funny how his gimmick changed fom territory to territory. Never saw WWC up here. We got moistly WWF except when I occassionally caught AWA and WCCW on ESPN in the 80s. We may've gotten NWA on TBS back then, we had TBS, but I wasn't really looking for wrestling at 6:05 on a Saturday so it's possible I just never stumbled upon it once we got TBS.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 26, 2023 4:54 am

Shame isn't :? :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Yes it was something how he would change. Well then you missed a ton of great stuff of the WWC as well as the stuff, I'll see about doing more of them soon but dang, I beg the differ, I loved watching wrestling on the weekends...in the morning it was so cool when WCW Saturday Night was on especially when WWF & WCW had their shows on late at night like 12:00 & 1: 00 AM in the early to mid 90s.

I never saw that one of Flair, before My time.

As a bonus here is clip to go with the one you posted of Piper as it's his Piper's Pit with Bobby "The Brain" Heenan & "Playboy" Buddy Rose :o

So with all of these promos, there isn't one with a woman yet but I'm gonna fix that right now. There wasn't ton of female wrestling in the WWF in the 80s, every time it was getting good they had to take a back seat...if you wanted pure women's wrestling you'd have to watch the AWA & Japan. Well the most memorable of the actual wrestlers (She was great but Miss Elizabeth doesn't count, she was just a valet) was Sensational Sherri. I don't talk about her enough here and seems like she's becoming another great forgotten personalty overall :roll: She was one of the best female wrestlers of all-time and she was one of the best on the mic as well not to mention she was truly one of the finest looking too. I'll talk about her more later of her later stuff but for now here is a real short promo of her's from 1987.

Also from 1987, she's being interviewed by Greg DeGeorge who was only in the WWF for a brief time. here she shines really nicely :)

I really miss Sherri, I found her passing shocking :( I'll post more of her later on down the road :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri May 26, 2023 6:54 am

Oh, I caught WWF programming on weekend mornings/early afternnoons, but as far as I recall I never saw NWA/WCW on TBS when I was kid. It may've been on there, I just don't know. Sherri played her valet role well.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 27, 2023 5:29 am

Oh that is good that you did because wrestling was so fun then and it was fun on TBS :) I see well maybe something may trigger it soon :?:

I loved the One Man Gang and I loved that cool transformation when he became Akeem, Most wrestlers when they go thru repackages there's no explanation why nor how whether you saw them jump-ship from WCW to WWF or vice vera back in the day or not. I really liked the setting of that promo. I thought his Akeem character was cool and funny and I loved how big he was I mean 6 foot 9, nearly 500 pounds, gosh it was great times and what a quick squash match and soon he'd have longer hair too!

Oh she wasn't a valet then, she was still a wrestler, it's just that WWF didn't capitalize on the women like that then.

Here is Sensational Sherri in her debut as a valet with the "Macho Man" Randy Savage before their King & Queen days.

Here's a nice short one from their earl days when they were royalty :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 27, 2023 10:04 am

Honestly, that was around the time I was getting less interested in wrestling. It was good to see Lord Alfred Hayes though! I don't really recall ever seeing that OMG to Akeem promo. It would've helped because to me he was just OMG and then suddenly Akeem. Not that I was that interested in either version, I just don't think I ever saw, or recall, that promo.

Bonus from Under Siege last night:

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 28, 2023 5:56 am

Shame cause to Me wrestling was being really great when Macho & Sherri became royalty. Oh yes, it was always great see Lord Alfred Hayes. I know, it seems like what? about OMG to Akeem but it happen and like I said I loved how it happen that actually had a visual explanation unlike so many wrestler repackages.

Bubba always did a great promo. I really hated how he was toward Christy Hemme there, her, Daffney & Angelina Love were always My three favorites of TNA. That was a great moment there from that recent TNA Impact show. Poor Scott D'Amore, he always got a bad beating and he's a very underrated booker & promoter too :roll:

OK, since you just skipped decades I'll post My all-time favorite promo & moment from TNA Impact...I love how Flair is here, look at the size of his neck, he was still was in great shape and it found it amazing that Ric & Sting was still at it even a decade or so later after WCW was gone :batsmile:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 28, 2023 8:41 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 29, 2023 6:30 am

Oh yeah, that was something when The Brain got Hercules. Hernandez was a great one. It didn't last long however cause he feuded with Hogan, lost the feud and got stuck in the middle and really didn't go anywhere till his Power & Glory days.

OK, here's this one. Check this. This is "The Rock - The Magnificent" Don Muraco. This is really something else, it's funny and it's quite awkward too. Listen to what he says about Miss Elisabeth and more and at about 48 seconds Mr./Master Fuji grabs Mean Gene Okerlund's booty :o I loved Muraco, forget Dwayne Johnson, Don Muraco will always be My Rock!

NOTE: It's something that not too long after this Muraco would turn face and join forces with Superstar Billy Graham.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc