Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 29, 2023 10:39 am

"...that honky Mexican Tito Santana", yikes, that was a lot fo stuff I'm surprised got on the air, lol. Never did like that beach bum Muraco so he did his job well as a heel.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 30, 2023 3:47 am

Yeah, Corporal Kirchner was good.

Here's another awkward one like the Muraco promo.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:00 pm

Aw, Piper can make anything entertaining,

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 31, 2023 5:59 am

I loved the blue WWF background back then. Davey Boy was great and it was shame that Outback Jack was really just an enhancement talent. I thought he was like a real life or at least wrestling's Crocodile Dundee during them good'ol days.

Here's Billy Jack Haynes who was quite good as well. I loved his feud against Hercules and when he teamed with Hogan.

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 31, 2023 7:48 am

I always liked BIlly Jack Haynes. For some reason I can hear Lord Alfred saying his name.

Speaking of awkward, the phrasing here could be better...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:42 am

Cool. Yes that was awkward but it's the way he spoke I believe and really I don't think people thought of it like that then but then who knows, I wasn't an adult then :?

I liked Magnum T.A., I thought his name was clever and thought he looked like Jake Roberts. His career ended way too soon due to that horrible car accident. You do know he's Tessa Blanchard's Stepfather right :?: Here is Tully Blanchard, Magnum married his wife :o Look at this video and see how it was with these guys decades before AEW and see the time before they were The Brainbusters..

and here is Magnum and Tully goin' at it :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:06 pm

Oh yeah, he was at some of Tessa Blanchard's Impact matches.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:11 am

OK!

I miss those days of WCW Nitro. That clip is from the WWE Network, I can tell cause I hear his Break the Walls Down song and NOT his cool WCW theme, he didn't have BTWD till he was in the WWE, it was due to the copyright issues.

To follow your 2 Andre the Giant entries, I love this one!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:53 pm

Lol, Mean Gene in that coat looks like the top kid waiting to stand on another's shoulders so they can sneak in somewhere as an adult.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:09 am

Ah the late great "Iron" Mike Sharpe, the big guy who was like the loudest wrestler that never won!

Here's a triple feature of "The Brooklyn Brawler" Steve Lombardi! First is when he was part of the Heenan family in 1989 when he was actually presented as a major winner to take out his former member "The Red Rooster" Terry Taylor :o

Then he was on his own in 1990 and had been ever since, he did great promos too :batsmile:

I thought he was actually quite talented and he had other gimmicks which I'll get to those later and hopefully he'll be in the HOF or at least an honorary and "Iron" Mike Sharpe could be too soon too :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc