Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:02 am

Buffalo's own, Adrian Adonis...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:35 am

Yeah, that was sad when he died in that car accident :roll:

Here's The Machines, I loved this time and this angle and I loved who they were too :shock: Oh and Mean Gene is wrong, Weasels aren't Rodents, their Mustelids, cousins of Wolverines :batsmile:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:31 pm

I've been waiting for AEW or WWE to do a storyline where a wrestler is wearing a mask but it's obvious who it is but everyone asks like it's a mystery. You know, like so-and-so gets "fired" but now there's this "new" wrestler wearing a mask but has the exact same body and tattoos and the announcers all act like they have no clue who it is. We need that gimmick!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:23 am

Dusty's Midnight Rider was really cool and I loved that name. NWA/WCW did that a bit with other wrestlers, I might get to one other one later. Later because you say this needs to happen again in wrestling. Well let Me tell ya, there's a lot that needs to happen in wrestling again and that is indeed one of'em and ya know what :? There is sort of a scenario like that going on in NXT 2.0. I know you don't bother to check it out but really you should cause there has been some really fun stuff going on so here's a quick segment to show you the whole thing to give you the idea :)

OK, since they cancelled NXT UK, many of the wrestlers are going to NXT 2.0 in 2022. One of these were was A-Kid. He's a Spanish sensation and his name is short for Anonymous Kid. He had a similar story like The 1-2-3 Kid in a way.

OK now fast forward a bit later this vignette appeared of a new wrestler called Axiom...I knew it was A-Kid right away because of his voice and accent...

Then when Axiom was ready to make his debut and at about 42 seconds he says ANONYMOUS which should of given anybody that knows the him who is just like Dusty's Midnight Rider's "IF YOU WILL!!

Wrestlers & commentators alike are are playing along with it like he seems familiar and all that but doesn't know who he is. As a bonus here is his cool entrance. He's against Scrypts who was known as REGGIE with Carmela on the Main Roster a while back...he had a similar transformation as well.

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:52 pm

Scrypts? What's the reasoning for the name? He looks like a bootleg Penta.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:29 am

He's kinda complicated. I really don't know how the name came to be but he's quite rebellious. He's actually based on the Performance Center/PC Stalker which happen in real life sometime ago. It was a bold move for WWE make a gimmick like that then again Retribution was based from @NTIVA so :? :roll: He had a brief feud recently with Axiom and he took Scrypts' took mask off, it was quite fun, that clip I provided was part of it :o

Oh Nick Bockwinkel was great one, a great champion. I loved his feud with Hogan & Andre. It's amazing how thois was that Bobby "The Brain" Heenan was there with home in the AWA. It was so seeing them together in WCW later on and Now both are WWE Hall of Famers :) Here's this also from AWA, when Scott Hall & Curt Hennig were partners long before their Bad Guy & Perfect days :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:22 am

AWA Scott Hall still amazes me. He could've been the Incredible Hulk the way he looked there.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:19 am

Yep!

Shoot, that one video of Axiom wasn't complete because I goofed the YT code, if you see that next time I miss a code tell that PB tell Me so I can correct it and now the that video works ;)

Oh boy, there's Abdullah the Butcher, I just loved him. Look at those scars :o He was arguably the undisputed hardcore king! Gary Hart was quite underrated as well!

Here is this from WWC, Carlos Colon was Abdullah's arch-nemesis for years however he also had a major feud with Ric Flair too and then this happen. The quality isn't very good, they speak Spanish so you gotta have the volume up.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:25 pm

RIP

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:34 am

May The Iron Sheik rest in peace. As I said in his RIP topic, I really liked his Col. Mustafa gimmick.

Here he is with Sgt. Slaughter & General Adnan as The Triangle of Terror in 1991!

Here is Gen. Adnan & Col. Mustafa in front of a live studio audience on WWF Prime Time Wrestling which I loved this format but like all good things they never last but gosh it was such fun times in 1991 :)

And finally here he is by himself after Slaughter & Adnan parted way which Slaughter was going to be a babyface once more.

By the way, Adnan's gimmick wasn't far from his real life, he was high school mates with Saddam Hussein and was best friends for a long time.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc