Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:49 pm

I am not familiar with them or the territory to be honest.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:03 am

That was something there with The Broken Hardys and Eli Drake. Amazing how his quotes like "fact of life" & "yeah" never took off till last year in WWE :shock: It's really always like that. For example, Piper said stuff and it didn't stick till SCSA said it. Same thing with wrestling moves which that is for another time to talk about.

I see, well it was pretty good and fun times. OK, here's this video. This is really a good promo by Col. Robert Parker. His gimmick isn't too far off from the days when he was the co-owner of CCW. Next is the WCW Control Center with Mean Gene, a promo with Col. Robert Parker & Bunkhouse Buck and Dustin Rhodes. Listen to the background music, it's actually the theme from the previous event which was Spring Stampede and it's really good. I'm gonna feature this in the Themes Topic so go there after you see this :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:13 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:54 am

Oh I recall that WWF Catalog with Dusty & Sapphire promo like it was a last week. I just loved that then and thought it was a bit funny. My Grandma ordered Me that WWF World Title, it's really a fine piece :)

OK, I'll continue Dustin in a bit. Now here's this little history with Dusty and The Nasty Boys...more tomorrow :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:42 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:18 am

That was a very good Koko B. Ware promo, I loved Frankie. Koko is a very underrated.

Now as you saw, Dusty knew the Nasty Boys in the 80s...well when he had his problems with Col. Robert Parker's Stud Stable in 94, where did he go to get help to fight at Fall Brawl in War Games :?: He went to Nastyville :o

This was such a cool time, I'll show more of Dusty & Dustin with the Nasty Boys tomorrow :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:11 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 am

Oh that was a good Sandman promo there with Woman, she was really nice. The feud with Sandman & Tommy Cairo was a fun one. I loved the days of the Sandman :)

OK, now you saw that Dusty went to Nastyville to recruit The Nasty Boys for War Games. Here's two matches with two promos from the same WCW Saturday Night on 9/10/94. First here is the newer Stud Stable with Col. Robert Parker, Bunkhouse Buck, Arn Anderson and Terry Funk facing off against Todd Morton (Ricky's little brother), Robby Houston & "Jumpin" Joey Maggs. Watch this and the promo is after the match...when Col. Parker get's the news watch Meng...Meng is totally awesome here :!:

Okay, after Mean Gene says about the WCW hotline, there first three commercials here two see ;) Then The Nasty Boys face Mike Thor and Rip Rogers. After that is a good promo with The Nasty Boys & Dustin Rhodes but wait, Dusty has a great one after them :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:05 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:28 pm

Wow, love this is awesome. Love this Heenan Family video.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc