Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:40 pm

Yeah, I heard they weren't liked much.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am

That was a different good one for Wardlow :)

Yes, unfortunately that was so and both guys are no longer with us and they hardly get mentioned anymore :roll: When I first saw them in 94 in ECW, that's when I became a huge ECW and it was can't miss, it was because of the Public Enemy :) When they went to WCW and brought that type of extreme style there I was quite excited and I thought their feud with The Nasty Boys was extremely fun. Speaking of the Nasty Boys, over the promos I posted a cool one with Dusty recruiting them for War Games in 94, here's The Nasty Boys WWF theme, I liked their time there especially in 90 - 91 :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:09 pm

Never cared for the Nasty Boys. It seemed like around that time there were 2 or 3 heavier set teams, and they didn't really do much for me.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:18 am

Koko B. Ware's theme was pretty good, it was really jolly sounding. Oh I beg the differ there. The Nasties were fun, they reminded Me of Kiefer Sutherland in the Lost Boys, I love their cool spray painted attire and especially Pity-City :lol: My Grandparents liked them but My Mom really only liked Sags.

Allow Me to quote Myself here and share this here, I posted this about two years ago already in My Odds Ends in My Glory Days of Movie Rentals which I'm about 8 or 9 here in 1989 or so (I can't believe this was about 35 years ago already), The Nasty Boys was still in WCW :)

BrandonDaCollector wrote:So after this her store was failing and she went out of business :roll: It was a sad time here because I had good times at My young age however. We lost contact with her. Not too long after she left her building was occupied by somebody new. My Grandma told Me and I was a excited about it...his name was The Ringmaster or Ring Maker. I do not recall his actual name however, I just called him that. He was truly master. I was quite amazed at what he could do. He was basically a modern blacksmith :batconfused: :wwshock: :smgasp: He could turn anything into a ring or other kind of jewelry. In fact My Grandma got Me a plastic Wolf Ring out of the vending machine at Tru-Buy and gave it to him and he casted it into solid iron and I wore it very faithfully for years. He did the same for her as well as My Grandpa. He was the story of the house for a long while. I was huge on Batman 89 during this time, a coincidence that he looked like Jack Nicholson with long hair, I mean he had his expressions and all that, I loved The Ring Master :) Like My Grandparents, he was an avid biker. Sadly he got into a very bad accident and he was crippled for life :( Even though this happen to him this didn't bring him down, he was still working hard. He had an assistant this time around. A young blonde woman. I remember one day We were actually talking about wrestling and she revealed to Me & My Grandma that she was dating Brian Knobbs of the Nasty Boys tag team :? I couldn't believe it and she couldn't either cause We were watching him with Jerry Sags in WCW during this period. The gal said he's really nice. It has always been a mystery if she was Greg "The Hammer" Valentine's wife's sister because that's whom he married :o Darn shame We never asked :roll: So The Ring Maker had a big aquarium there full of exotic life, much of the critters was illegal to own at the time but he didn't care about it. I told him one day that he looked like Jack Nicholson and he was flattered and thanked Me. By time We moved in 1990 he was out of business and We never saw him again :roll: I never met a man so cool like him ever since. Maybe if I can find My special jewelry that he made Me I can showcase them and talk about The Ring Master :batsmile: The building is still there but it always looks empty. I have no clue what or who is there at this current moment of time, is all I know I'm quite proud to know the great people who, were there long ago and that was Rainbow Video & The Ring Master and they will always be in My mind forever :!:

Here's their first WCW theme which this whole thing is really cool as you can see this was like 1989 & 1990 :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:01 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:05 am

[url][/url]Nic Nemeth's theme is pretty good, sounds really inspired by classic 80s style. It's performed by Downstrait...the same group that performed his superbly fun theme in the WWE. Here's a quote from Me from a couple years back :shock:

BrandonDaCollector wrote:It's a double Dolph Ziggler day!

I have always loved Dolph, when I first saw him he reminded Me of Billy Gunn whom trained him! I think he should have reached the top more often may even surpassed HBK in title and recognition. Even when he was world champ it was always Cena, not him :roll: He has been so misused for so long. I love his expressions, his athletic ability and his talent. I just love his song too, IMO it's one of the best themes that is actually a song ever!

I thought his short tenure in NXT 2.0 was great, I loved that he won the title from Bron Breakker! But darn it he goes to NXT and becomes a huge winner and get's back on Raw and defends the title to Bron and loses it, Dolph is just getting screwed no matter what he does :roll:

More later!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:28 pm

Yes, I believe he intentionally wanted an 80s sound to the theme. It's a shame he was saddled with such a terrible name in the WWE I thought it always held him back some. He's so talented, so it's nice to see him get some more main event time.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:45 am

That's cool. I don't know about the name issue but I've prefer actual names over play/character names. Oh the Spirit Squad was something and that was some theme...male cheerleaders :o

Here's the Nasty Boys' second WCW theme. I loved their time with Missy Hyatt :batwink:

Here's their third & last WCW theme :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:19 pm

That 3rd theme isn't exactly Bad Street USA, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:58 am

BrandonDaCollector wrote:How about that :shock: Oh Kerwin White, what a gimmick that was. We weren't quite there in the PG era so this worked and really I find this one of the most underrated gimmicks. It was a simple one really I mean he just dressed up a little classy and got a good Frank Sinatra song. As he said, "If it's not White, it's not right but then he changed it to ""If it's not Kerwin White, it's not right" but then he stopped saying it entirely. Sadly the gimmick was over after Chavo's Uncle Eddie passed away :roll: I see why you chose White because of the involvement with Nick Nemeth there...good thinking PB ;)

Okay, now here is Bunkhouse Buck's theme. It's very country cool and it was really used for most of the Stud Stable in WCW :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc