Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

6" Star Wars Black Series

The toy line from a galaxy far far away! The section for fans of the movies, comics, vintage and modern toylines (Kenner, Hasbro Star Wars Black, etc), the Clone Saga, the WOTC miniatures game and more!

Re: 6" Star Wars Black Series

Postby Jackhammer27 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:00 pm

Jackhammer27
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Ken Davis » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:34 pm

I've stalled with this line.
the last one I've bought as the Scout Trooper and Speeder bike. The Scout is fine, a rather dandy figure, but the bike is an upset. I hated the paint apps on the thing, especially the slap-dash silver paint "weathering".
Zero though went into this application and the painters at the factory clearly were just running through the motions.
I went in and re-weathered the bike I got, added more paint-chipping, rust, dirt and general wear. I didn't feel like repainting it entirely, but I', not completely happy with my own rescue work, so a re-paint is likely in the future.

I mean, otherwise this is a great toy, loaded with detail and looks really nice posed on it's multi-pose stand. It's just a pity it was painted by chimps.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby Webslinger » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:49 pm

I forgot his name but I picked up the Deadpool looking Star Wars guy with the 0 on his face hehe. Still haven't found a Phasma yet... anyone else having luck finding her?
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:23 pm

I've seen her three times. Bought her twice. Didn't the third time. First at Kmart, a couple weeks later at Wally, then a few days ago at Target.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:28 pm

Grrrr, you're so lucky to have better distribution up north...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:31 pm

I think they'll be easier to find. Hopefully parents by all the Finns and Chewys for Christmas. Seen Zuvio and the red guy a lit but don't want either. Just waiting for Hux to show up.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:41 pm

whose that?
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Webslinger » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:53 pm

Okay I saw him, he's gives off a nazi kinda vibe LOL
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:10 am

Defintely on the lookout for Han and Jango. Not sure I'll get Trooper Finn but probably will once I see him. Will be happy when figures from the older films start hitting stores again. That's assuming Constapegwarm Zuvio doesn't kill the line.

The funny thing is my phone wants to autocorrect "Zuvio" to "Suck" and I have a hard time disagreeing.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:16 pm

I was curious about the Zuvio thing. Looks like his scene was cut - he was going to break up Rey's fight in the market on Jakku, but they changed it to Finn meeting her there.

Hux really needed a more Germanic name. His speech was total Triumph of the Will.

I have a Rey, and I really don't want to go further, although I'm tempted on an army of troopers to fight my figures. I wish they'd single-release the riot control one; I'd love to set up The Question fighting them on my Young Justice rooftops.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars