Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

6" Star Wars Black Series

The toy line from a galaxy far far away! The section for fans of the movies, comics, vintage and modern toylines (Kenner, Hasbro Star Wars Black, etc), the Clone Saga, the WOTC miniatures game and more!

Re: 6" Star Wars Black Series

Postby chuckym70 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:31 am

I found a page that had photos of 11 new Black series figures released at SDCC. I see you checked off Lando so you might already seen them. But I saw in an earlier post Royal guard was mentioned. Here is a pic of him and a link to pics of all the new ones. If your looking for C3-PO 6inch scale for parts, Disney store is selling a Die Cast Elite figure of him. Sorry if you know all this already.

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2016/07/2 ... omic-con/2
chuckym70
Civilian
Civilian

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:59 am

Thanks for the link, man!

I'm really hoping for a Tarkin - the Hammer customs that could be made with a 6-inch scale Peter Cushing head sculpt!

Who's the Aayla Secura-looking female pilot? She looks rad.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby chuckym70 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:57 pm

Her name is Hera. She is from the Clone Wars Animates seires. I dont think shes connected to the force. The contest winner for the fan favorite pick for a new 6inch black seiers was Jaina Solo. No photo since the winner was just announced at SDCC. Im waiting for 3 new SDCC exclusive black seiers i bought on ebay to come in. I just found out they will be for sale on hasbroshop.Com August 8. I fell fell the word exclusive again.
you know there are several 3.75 figures of Tarkin? When I say several I mean 4 or 5. Plus two inch large figures.
chuckym70
Civilian
Civilian

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:52 am

I just started to get into Rebels near the end of season 2 when Maul and Vader showed up. Not super-familiar with all the characters but I don't mind buying them. Castingcave has a nice Tarkin head I may pickup if I ever see another General Hux around. I'm on the fence with ERG. I bought the bootleg statues on ebay and I'm pretty happy with them besides the fact that they don't have their pike. Not sure I want to pay $40 for two to flank the Emperor so I may pass on them. I just wish waves came out faster or that there were more figures per wave. Four per wave just doesn't seem enough when they're so far apart.

I wouldn't be too upset with buying the SDCC stuff off eBay as long as it didn't cost an arm and a leg. Yes, they will be available on the 9th but it's a knife fight to get them, and if you don't get them all in your cart and check out in the first few minutes they're available you probably aren't getting them. It's a constant F5 refresh and slow reloads just to get one item. I can't imagine trying to get three items into my cart and check out. At least now you have them.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby chuckym70 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:37 am

I know about f5. Matty collector joke of a week sale forced me to buy the sdcc owner woman barbie on ebay. I don't usually collect barbie or wonder woman but I really liked the set of 3 they put out for the movie. So I figure this one will complete the set. I'm very upset. Toys r us took the black series droids 3 pack off of their site completely. I wrote an email and got no response. I brought a copy of the page to the store and zero came up everywhere. Wearhouse online ect. Plus it's their exclusive set. Ebay wants 3x. It's a 54$ set. So it's high. I don't get this one. TRU is usually good about their exclusives. So now I'm on the hunt fighting god knows what forces out there for the 3 pack and superman doomed. The other 2 figures that make up doomsday are not out yet. I hope I'm lucky enough to find someone selling just the 3 parts I need so I can keep me set unopened Then I should be OK for awhile. I'll just wait for the new black series and 3.75 figures on force friday2. FYI I'm not sure if I told you disney die cast ekeite series re.eased a new figure last week. Finn in stormtrooper. All they did was take a stormtrooper and pop Finns head on it. You shou,d get a laugh. In my last post I menatto say there are two 12 inch Tarkin s. I hope you don't mind my posts. I'm just happy to have someone to share my action figures thoughts with. Thanks again
chuckym70
Civilian
Civilian

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:50 pm

Toysrus is almost a non-starter for me. I can't be the guy standing at the door as soon as they open so I rarely buy anything there until the hawks are done scalping. Fortunately when the ML Jubilee wave hit one of the guys on here alerted us that he found them when the store was closing so I was able to find a complete set the next morning. But mostly I avoid TRU. Not sure how the droids will sell but their Batman '66 exclusives became pretty easy to find and the Han/Greedo sets weren't tough to get either. Maybe these will be tougher since they're new characters, but I'll play the waiting game.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:05 pm

These were revealed on Facebook. Not sure about the droid, but definitely getting Jyn, Cassian, and that Deathtrooper.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:04 am

We need Rey in her "i just met Luke Skywalker" outfit...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby chuckym70 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:26 am

There are at least 6 they have to release before these. This makes me nervous that there will be a short run and ebay will control the prices. Can you imagine what through Darth Raven is going to cost. Seems like a scam to me. I just found that TRU 3 Droid pack. That was not easy. And paid a small fortune for the 3.75 Darth Raven figure.
chuckym70
Civilian
Civilian

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:40 am

Webslinger wrote:We need Rey in her "i just met Luke Skywalker" outfit...

Dude! How have they not released Resistance Rey yet? Like, it's nice that (based on that picture?) they seem to be re-releasing the previous Rey for people who couldn't find her, but I'm not used to a Star Wars line that doesn't push out 17 variations of the main characters immediately. I collected PotF2 in the mid-90s, this is weird.

Also, finally a Star Wars movie where I managed to care about more than the action figures. Man, the main cast was so good.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars