Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: RESULTS!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: 2024 Preview Special

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:42 am

Again I haven't read any news in a while so this is totally new to Me. I haven't watched SmackDown Lowdown nor Raw Talk yet so I'm a bit behind. Don't forget I don't have a DVR so Peacock, YT & web is how I keep up with WWE & NXT. With that being said I think it's a total mistake :!: Why :?: Because they already have it made on Peacock. Sometimes I get ticked off because they don't/can't air Raw & SmackDown the night it's on or morning after it like they do PPVs/PLEs cause like I said, I never watch a PLE when it airs, I want it on MY OWN TIME when I can rewind, fast forward, pause and all that and not in a darn rush, I like it slow & easy. I like it that they air NXT soon after it airs which is great & fun but it's always bittersweet about the two main shows. So instead of going to a whole new network they could just make their time faster by putting the two shows THE night or morning after on Peacock. Sure they'll give you some business excuse like they did about Main Event when episodes were delayed for weeks or even longer because of the UK deal but really there is no excuse nor reason. I hate delays and this has always been a nuisance for Me. I think it's a bad idea especially how Netflix is with all of their predictivness but WWE are money hungry especially with Kahn at the helm.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:52 pm

Yeah, I think it'll cost them viewers in the long run. Now you have to pay for Netflix and Peacock? I know they got a huge amount of money for it, half a billion per year, but I think it'll backfire. It may help AEW in the long run, since there will be one less option to watch on tv weekly. Plus there were rumors Raw was going to got to TNT which would've been trouble for AEW, now they're free and clear. They just need to improve their product and get rid of all the ROH titles because there's too many damn belts on those shows.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:19 am

I believe your correct and I never knew the rumor of WWE being on TNT :o Turner and company shouldn't even want to joke about it...didn't they learn what happen in 2001 :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: Rumble + Vinnie RESIG

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:17 am

Those newest Vince allegations are pretty gross and awful. I used to give him the benefit of the doubt for past allegations, everyone being adults, and the times being different, but these claims are a completely different animal. I guess being in the rasslin' business his whole life and having more money than anyone needs has ruined him. Seems that happens to a lot of rich and powerful people these days with their perversions. What a sick, sick world.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:30 am

I just saw your reply PB while I was finishing up My WWE Royal Rumble spotlight which I couldn't agree with you more ;) OK, get ready to see more stuff plus a whole lot more right about....NOW :!:

So tonight is the WWE Royal Rumble which this his been Royal Rumble Week. The event has always been My favorite of the original four and really still is out of the expanded lineup of PPVs/PLEs. The absolute best times was 89 - 96 IMO. I have posted stuff about them in other topics. Before I begin this year's edition...I have some huge news to bring up. This was on Bing that Vince McMahon has been accused of Sex Trafficking :o

He JUST RESIGNED as chairman of the WWE as well as TKO just right before the Royal Rumble happens :o

He wasn't the only one accused as John Laurinaitis has been as well :!: He was "secretly" let go a while back and now look what has occurred :shock:

ImageImage

Really I'm not surprised about this. Sadly I know how these celebs are and what they do. See My huge & great 1993, Yo, Do You Remember edition to see about the Jerry "The King" Lawler case :shock:

Now if this wasn't enough, Peacock had big news as they hit 31 million subscribers but then as PB had talked about first that WWE was going forward putting Monday Night Raw on Netflix which I believe it to be a mistake because they need to focus on Peacock and have the show on there that very same night like they do with [/b]PLE's[/b]. Then again I find it an interesting coincidence with all of this weird predictive programming and the strange kid programs they have on Netflix and that this sexual assault & sex trafficking has come up all around the same time :o

So now let's get the event stuff shall we :?: Here's a Credit One Back Ad. Check out Zelina Vega, she has been looking sweet for a long while now :batwink: Also here's an ad for the new Suicide Squad Video Game. I'm sure this will go over big with today's kids ;)

Here's these ads for WWE 2K24 that has some really neat looks to them :)

So here we go with the actual WWE Royal Rumble PLE :!:

Here's the Promotional Video.

This year's graphics look pretty good but kinda seems a little like they could have done more with it...it sure in the heck ain't as fun at the ones for the Rumbles in the early to mid 90s which the shirt on the left seems to be inspired by the Rumbles in 95 - 97 but it just ain't there for Me.

THE CARD :!: It looks to be a little card. Ones in the past usually had at least 3 bouts on it :shock:

Roman Reigns (c) vs. LA Knight vs. AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton in a Fatal Four Way Match for the WWE Championship & WWE Universal Championship: This is going to be something else. AJ Styles just returned a number of weeks ago due to injury from the Bloodline and he is looking quite different. Like AJ, Orton too returned from injury at the hands of The Bloodline so both are wanting their revenge on Roman for nearly ending their careers. Knight is arguably the hottest babyface right now with the plebeians, in fact he's one of the biggest faces to come about in quite sometime. despite all of this, I believe Roman will retain as I don't see him losing anytime soon especially if The Rock has the pull and wants to face the "The Head of the Table" at Wrestlemania 40 somehow someway which really is a shame cause all three of the opponents deserve a title run specifically Styles.

Logan Paul (c) vs. Kevin Owens for the WWE United States Championship: So Owens beat Carmelo Hayes and Santos Escobar to the win the tournament to face Logan. Boy Kevin better not lose this then again this is only Paul's first defense so he better not lose this either...man this is going to be one heck of match :o

The Royal Rumbles Matches:

Here's a new a WWE Royal Rumble 2024: By the Numbers video :)

MEN's: This is going to be good. I hope there's a big return, at least one call up from NXT and at least 1 legend returns here. I posted the videos in My regular WWE Topic showing how much Cody Rhodes & Drew McIntyre wants it and how bad CM Punk wants to win it. If Drew doesn't then where does he go from there :?: As you saw in the WWE 2K24 Ads above about "Finish your Story"...this seems to be "the thing" this time around so I say I think Punk will win it :!:

WOMEN's: I love the Women's Rumbles, any wrestling fan should want to see this. Over the last several months especially in NXT the women has really out done the men IMO. Again, I would imagine at least one call up from NXT and at least 1 legend returns here. I would love it if Trish & Lita would return to fight each other. Actually I want more legends than anything really in this. I see Roxanne Perez & Tiffany Stratton and maybe even Nikkita Lyons possibly appearing here from NXT. I'm really not sure who wins though. I think it's likely either Becky lynch or Bianca Belair. It would be a total missed property is Jade Cargill doesn't appear here so I hope that happens and heck if she does...wouldn't it be fantastic if a dream match of Bianca & Jade happens face to face...oh man what if :o

Here's a new 25 surprise Royal Rumble entrants: WWE Top 10 special edition, Jan. 21, 2024 video :)

So that's My special on this year's WWE Royal Rumble 2024. Are you interested :?: Will you tune in :?: Do you have predictions :?: I think this is going to be a good one. I'm thankful that I can watch it :)

Here's the WWE Kickoff Show :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:55 am

I think the stuff with Cody and Punk, and Reigns and the Rock are just red-herrings. I don't know if Cody wins the Rumble, but I think the main event at WM has to be Cody beating Roman for the belt. I think they'd wait on Reigns-Rock to have a longer build up and sell a ton of tickets which they don't have to do at this point, so I could see that being built up toward next year unless the plan is to get the belt off Roman before Mania so he can face the Rock. But from what I've followed of the WWE, it would be a big mistake for Cody to win the title off anyone but Roman. I could see Punk winning the Rumble and "main eventing" Saturday Night's WM. I thought I'd read Seth was hurt and might not be able to wrestle. I think they mentioned it on Busted Open recently. I don't know who Punk would face if not Seth. I'd expect a few surprise debuts. I think Jade is a pretty obvious choice because she hasn't done anything yet. I've heard mention of an old men's wrestler who might come back but I won't spoil it by naming names, just like the rumored possible debuts. It'll be interesting to see who does show up. I thought the last couple Rumbles really lacked any good surprise appearances so hopefully this one is better.

The Vince stuff is just plain awful. I guess that's why he was so good at playing the dirty old man role all those years.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:57 pm

I missed the women's Rumble but did catch the rest. Sounded like the women's was the best match of the night. What I did see wasn't really that impressive. Predictable outcomes, no real surprises in the Rumble, overall was a pretty dull night IMO. Turns out AJ was there just to eat the pin. Cody winning was pretty predictable as far back as last WM, so not a lot of suspense really.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: Rumble Results!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:07 am

I thought it was a fair PLE. Like I said before on the other stuff...no where near as good as the Rumbles in the past of 89 - 96. However, despite I have My little gripes about how these times are, I'm quite grateful that I was able to watch the whole thing including the Press Conference specifically since I had bad internet probs, like I said, never take the Web for granted. I skipped the Kickoff since there was no bonus bout. The Women's Royal Rumble was the best of the two. It was as fun as last year's but it didn't have the impact that one did though because of "Mami" Rhea Ripley I mean the build up of her was so great and to see her win it was so fun which like I said before...the WOMEN's 2023 Royal Rumble was one of the greatest ones I ever saw :!: So now here's some videos. I'm not going in detail much as I'm going to let the vids do it for Me ;)

WWE Royal Rumble COLD OPEN: HULK HOGAN is in it so listen to him :!:

WWE Royal Rumble Results in short. yeah, when AJ got pinned I was like yep, PB was right about that ;)

ATTENDANCE RECORD :!: :o

WWE RR24 - 3.jpg

BONUS Videos, some extra that you might to see :shock:

WWE Royal Rumble Highlights :!:

EVERY entrant in the 2024 Women's Royal Rumble: Royal Rumble 2024 highlights. I was excited about Valhalla but I found her entry VERY bittersweet because of the R-Truth angle :roll: I was right about Roxxane Perez & Tiffany Stratton plus the confrontation of the dream match of Bianca vs. Jade :o

OK, you just saw all of women entrants in the video above. I thought it was something that Naomi came back but boy then when I saw that the awesome Jordynne Grace was a surprise entrant and that she has her TNA Knockouts Championship around her waist and their talking about how she beat Naomi for it and about TNA I thought that this was kinda from left field...what is going on here :o

WWE RR24 - 2.jpg

I love how Chelsea Green kept on getting squashed by her own partner Piper Niven & Nia Jax :!:

JADE CARGILL has arrived and she looks great :batwink:

Hot Bayley WINS THE RUMBLE and has really done it all :o

EVERY entrant in the 2024 Men's Royal Rumble: Royal Rumble 2024 highlights. I found Bron Breakker & Omos' time to be bittersweet too because of Pat McAfee :roll:

Andrade is BACK :!:

Grayson Waller is upset :!:

Kros wasn't a threat but it was cool that Ellering & AOP showed up. Cody Rhodes second Rumble win 2 years in a row...only Hogan, HBK & Austin has done that feat :o

Punk & Roman react to Cody's win :shock:

BONUS INTERVIEWS :!:

WWE Royal Rumble Press Conference :!:

Bayley says there was NO LEGENDS to showcase the newer & younger talent. I got mixed emotions about this :roll:

Cody answers questions, one is from DDP :o

HHH talks about Netflix and reveals THE ROCK is part of the board of TKO HOLDINGS :!:

HHH DOESN'T want to talk about Vinnie Mac :!:

This era is the best :roll: You gotta be kidding Me :o This era of wrestling doesn't even have a name for cryin' out loud...this will never be better than the 80s & 90s Wrestling IMO :!:

The WHOLE thing :!:

IMPORTANT NOTES:

OK, now here's a couple thoughts of Mine that probably nobody thought about while watching this event. I know WWE tries to do the rebooting stuff for this Generation and the times. There's stuff that i noticed and I'm like oh boy, this has been done before while their making it look like it's the first time it ever happen. Though I'm not really complaining because it was quite fun when it occurred :) 1. Jey Uso was first...Jimmy Uso was second...in the 1989 Rumble Demolition Ax & Smash drew 1 & 2...that was 35 years ago this :shock: I love the big guys as you know...well the big women too. In this year's event Chelsea Green kept on getting squashed by her own partner Piper Niven and Nia Jax which both of these brute women are well over 200 pounds which this is great because the women has been doing many things that lacks in men's wresting and this is just one of'em. This seriously reminded of the 1996 Royal Rumble when Savio Vega kept on getting squashed & destroyed by Vader & Yokozuna which this has always been one of My most favorite moments in a RR. Now when Drew got eliminated I was like uh oh, here we go with Cody & Punk just like I thought. Earlier on Michael Cole said that there has never been 2 men that won the same RR and I'm like what are you talking about Cole :? Your seriously doing the reboot crap aren't you :roll: As this major match progressed I began to realize this is very much like the 1994 Royal Rumble that happen 30 years ago this year :o We got two babyfaces that they want to be the face of the company but they couldn't make up this minds who they wanted so Lex Luger & Bret Hart both went out the same time and both was declared the winner. This was a huge deal back then. So Punk & Cody are fighting it out just like Bret & Luger did. Their both going over the top rope just like they did but then they catch themselves and eventually Cody won. I was like they wouldn't have the Luger & Bret scenario all over again would they :?: Well, not quite but almost :shock:

WWE RR24 - 1.jpg

So what is next :? It's the WWE Elimination Chamber which is part of the big International PLE Tour and I can't wait for that :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: Rumble RESULTS!!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:27 pm

Karma?

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: Rumble RESULTS!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:57 am

Well here's this Raw last night.

Plus this with Cody & Rollins.

And this with Andrade, Adam Pearce & Nick Aldis.

This is awesome...hot Bayley celebrates then "Mami" Rhea Ripley comes out and get's destroyed by Nia Jax...I love that Nia Jax has been doing her cousin Yokozuna's finisher...the Banzai Drop...watch this :batwink:

and this sweet bonus as Jade is with Punk and I love that her music is like the same from AEW :batwink:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT