Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: RESULTS!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: Survivor Series is TO

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:43 am

Heel has frozen over apparently PB :? WWE has been quite fun in the last several months. I was saying before how interesting it was going to be before including Nick Aldis as the SD GM :o I love the cool chemistry between "Mami" Rhea Ripley & "Dirty Dom" Mysterio, this is one of the coolest partnerships in recent times which in fact that's one of the best things in WWE IMO. The Jey Uso push is great too and their finally doing YEET :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Shame My Grandma isn't here to see all of the YEETING :roll:

I thought it was a good event. Nothing as grand as the Survivor Series events in the 80s & 90s that i posted in the promo topic but still fun and I appreciate that I can watch it ;) I loved the Women's War Games bout I mean if your a wrestling how can you not want to watch that and the Santos match was pretty good.

Randy Orton returns and looks totally incredible :o

Again here's CM Punk's return. I have read that the wrestlers are furious about this and really I don't blame them because they just had a great match and Orton & Cody just reunited and then Punk comes along :roll:

WWE Survivor Series War Games 2023 Press Conference. HHH talks about CM Punk and Cody doesn't know what to call this era and quite frankly I don't either :o

So now PB you should be checking out WWE more often especially tonight on Raw for Punk plus the other fun stuff :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: Survivor Series is TO

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:07 pm

I didn't watch much of the show, I just happened to put the main event on the computer while we were watching other stuff on TV. I wasn't paying too much attention to the actual match.

I'll admit, I'm a little disappointed in Punk. After all the badmouthing he did of the WWE, and talked about how badly they treated him (Hunter included), I would've thought he might be the only person who might be above the allure and money. But I guess money talks, as always. And if there's one thing I think is true about Punk is that he's a very bitter, spiteful person, so once everything happened with AEW, I think he was driven by spite and anger to go back to the WWE and stick it to Tony. I am curious if he really was trying to get fired so he could go back to the WWE or if that came about after the firing. We'll never really know, but it did almost seem like he was trying to get fired.

Well, at least HHH won't "fear for his life" backstage, and I'm sure he'll be on a tighter leash and better behavior. At leastr he'll get to "main event" WrestleMania, or at least the halftime show on day 1.

Will I watch tonight at 8? Sure. Hopefully Punk starts the show off because I won't stay tuned for 3 hours to hear what he has to say. Will this make me watch every week? Nope, but I might start DVRing it again just to fast-forward. We shall see where this goes. It's still a dumb product for having two world titles, so even if he does main event with a title match, it won't be with Roman, so I personally wouldn't qualify it as important a match, but whatever.

I'll be curuous to see what the ratings are for tonight.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: Survivor Series CM PU

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:36 am

I put it on at 8 but when Randy's music hit I changed the channel and never went back. I figured he'd be on at the end and I didn't care enough to stay tuned and lost track of time. I read what he said, and it's kind of what I expected. Not what he said, per se, but what he could say. In AEW there was that feeling that you were never quite sure what he might say. In the WWE he'll clearly have talking points like everyone else and will have to play nice with whatever they want him to do so it loses some of that must see tv feel to it. It's not like they're going to let him be the one to beat Reigns, so it again it's like there's a glass ceiling. So there's nothing really there to interest me enough on a weekly basis. Like I said, I will probably read what happens more often than in recent years, and maybe check out a feed of a PLE, but as something to get me to watch, meh.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: Survivor Series CM PU

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:23 am

Amazing difference from the thousands fans in the crowd. I beg the differ, I think there's still some good stuff here and this is coming from somebody that thinks most of everything was better yesterday than it is today :o

First here's the CM Punk merchandise...looks like they had these in the plans for a long while plus Cyber Monday :o

CM Punk 1.jpg

Here's this from My WWE Raw E-mail.

CM Punk 2.jpg

Here's a bit of Raw the night after Survivor Series War Games. First is and incredible RKO from Orton :!:

I really don't like it when people think about the money. I hated it when Albert Pujols chose The Angels over The Cardinals...THE TEAM that he grew up on the Farm with that MADE HIM over money. He didn't care about that, the great city of St. Louis, it's wonderful fans or for the love of the game and this wasn't a Larry Walker situation either. Oh but when he came back he kissed everybody's booty and was welcomed back and finished some career numbers & records but ya know what :? I didn't give a rat's@$$. He betrayed the team, the city and his fans...and while everybody forgot that over the course of conditioning time I didn't :!: So here's Punk's return...look how he isn't tagging that girl :roll: His theme is a different version with a slower tempo and hardly any effort compared to his original and he says he's different and mentions AJ Lee & Dusty Rhodes. At the end he says I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to make money so yeah, it was all about the money and this would explain the budget cuts from Nick Khan...from one Khan to another Khan...they did the same thing when Goldberg & Lesnar was back so I think Punk's gonna have some millions there and I don't think HHH will be Tony in the slightest :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: NXT Deadline is Tonig

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:50 pm

So here we go with another WWE/NXT PLE which is NXT Deadline but first check this out about WWE SmackDown Tribute to the Troops and WWE Shop :)

Now last year I barely spoke about the first ever NXT Deadl1ne, it was a really good event. Here's two posters of it...Roxanne Perez really shined in that one :batwink:

If your behind on NXT catch up on USA or Peacock and while your there you can watch NXT LVLUp which a while back took the place of 205 Live which really is a fine show and the name makes real sense too.

So NXT Deadl1ne has been hyped up for at least a couple of months now...

Here's the cool looking Poster :batwink:

JBL is one of the WWE Legends in this one and he's 100% behind Josh Briggs :o

THE CARD looks quite solid :!:

Pre-Show: Nathan Frazer vs. Axiom: This is going to be an awesome match. they've fought each other before and you know how you never get tired of seeing a great rivalry :?: Well this will be no different and no matter who wins the viewer will also be a winner :)

Ilja Dragunov (c) vs. Baron Corbin for the NXT Championship: This is going to be awesome...will Corbin finally be NXT champion after this big run here :?:

Dominik Mysterio (c) vs. Dragon Lee for the NXT North American Championship: Oh this is also going to be something else and I expect Mysterio to retain his North American Championship :!:

Trick Williams vs. Dijak vs. Josh Briggs vs. Bron Breakker vs. Tyler Bate in an Iron Survivor Challenge Match: One of the main attractions of the PLE. Another match that is going to be great. With all of the stuff about Trick you'd think he's gonna win. Dijak needs a big win here but with Briggs being under JBL with an incredible win to get here I'm thinking he's gonna win as I don't thing "The Big Strong Boy" Bate has a chance here but then you got Breakker who seems like he's stuck in the middle so he desperately needs to win this bout :!:

Tiffany Stratton vs. Lash Legend vs. Blair Davenport vs. Kelani Jordan vs. Fallon Henley in an Iron Survivor Challenge Match: Another great main attraction of this PLE. This will be a superb match...Jordan is good but I don't think she'll win. Davenport & Henley need to shine as I like them and this would be the match to do it in but I wanna see Stratton face Lash as their two of My favorites on the roster and one of them win :!:

Roxanne Perez vs. Kiana James in a Steel Cage match: Oh boy, this is going be great and really any wrestling fan should want to watch this...in the CAGE...Perez all the way :!:

Lexis King vs. Carmelo Hayes: Now this is Brian Pillman Jr.'s first big match as Lexis King and he better win especially if he wants to have a legacy like his dad and I'm all for him :batwink:

Here's the NXT Deadl1ne Kickoff Show :!:

So there's that, it's going to be one heck of a show and I can't wait for it :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: CM PUNK in NXT!!!!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:20 am

So NXT Deadline was an incredible show. It was the last PLE of the year and it really went out with a bang. If you missed it then boy did you miss some great stuff...check it out on Peacock...as usual NXT is better than the main roster.

So the kick off was excellent, Axiom beat Frazer in a super fun match and while they fought each other many times, I'd watch them all the time :) HBK Shawn Michaels opened up the show then CM PUNK came out....yes CM Punk in NXT actually happen but he's eventually signed with Raw which really no matter where he goes it's all the same difference...kinda like the big deal ToyGuru always talked about the MOTUC brand, the GBC brand, the DC brand, the Barbie brand...it's all the same company. The first match started as Dragon Lee defeated "Dirty" Dom to become the new NA Champion. I wasn't expecting this and it just happen out of the blue really. Then Women's Iron Survivor match was next and this was the best match on the card and just this one was worth checking out the PLE. All of the women were superb...a while ago Lash Legend actually body-slammed the 330 pound Otis with ease...here she pinned two women at the same time :o She's becoming one of My favorites now. Tiffany Stratton was really busty which was great of course this doesn't matter in this day & age as nobody at all had a reaction about it :roll: :batsmh: :smsmh: :wwsmh: She did a terrific double header shoving Henley onto the table then doing a great swanton bomb off of the penalty box :!: Blair Davenport snuck the win then the women's champ Lyra Valkyria came to confront the new number one contender then Cora Jade returns and attacks the champ as they look to face each other :wwwink: Then in a good match Carmelo Hayes defeats Lexus King which how will Brian Pillman Jr. bounce back after this :?: The Men's Iron Survivor match is on and it's a great one. An absolute insane spot that the two 6 foot 7 guys, Dijak & Briggs did moonsualts at the same time :o It was totally awesome when Bron Breakker came in, he speared three guys and pinned them all :shock: When it was all done & dusted Trick Williams snuck at the very last second and got all the points he needed to win within the 25 minute time-slot...that was great but kinda predictable really. The women's cage bout starts and they both look good. There was going to be a huge spot on top of the cage but it didn't happen. Izzi Dame comes out of nowhere and attacks Perez helping James win the match. I found this one alright but disappointing. Then the NXT men's championship is underway. This really had a great buildup believe it or not. Baron Corbin came out riding his bike like he was supposed to do and be the lone wolf biker in his debut in NXT a long time ago...he did all he could but there was no stopping Ilja Dragunov and I don't know who will stop him :!: Where does Corbin go from here :?:

Here's an exclusive clip of "Dirty" Dom questioning where was the Judgement Day to help him :shock:

So overall I thought that this was a terrific PLE and I'm quit grateful that I watched it :) Next will be NXT New Year's Evil and then the WWF Royal Rumble and I can't wait for that :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: 2024 Preview Special

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:51 am

I'm bit behind on this but before I get to it here's this cool stuff :)

So after the WWE Survivor Series, HHH had a big announcement it but what was it :?:

It was the WWE New year's Knockout Week :!:

The main attraction of it really was the WWE 2024 Preview Special on Peacock and that's why I'm putting it here :shock:

It had a run time about hour or so which is fair and if you want entertainment and fun that is a decent length ;) NXT Champion Ilja Dragunov is featured here on the pic but he was absent due to injury.

So it was hosted by Megan Morant & Matt Camp like a Raw Talk & SmackDown Lowdown with a much bigger feel to it.

CM Punk was on it and he was talking about a lot of history and how they are Live Events but they will always be called House Shows to him and quite frankly that goes for your's truly as well ;) Notice his AJ Lee's WWE Hasbro Action Figures behind him on the left shelf. He can't get enough of her which is good :batwink:

Cathy Kelly interviewed Cody Rhodes and talked about various things.

They interview Rhea Ripley who has been red hot literally & figuratively all year since she won the WWE 2023 Royal Rumble which was one of the greatest Rumbles I ever saw :!: She has no makeup on which she may not look hot here to many but really I dig women with no makeup. Perhaps I get that from My Grandpa because he never wanted his wife, My Grandma MiMi to wear makeup because he thought she was so pretty without it showing her natural beauty :)

They talk that The Elimination Chamber is going to be in Perth, Australia for the first time ever and this is where she's from which is huge for her :!:

They spoke to Trick Williams & Carmelo Hayes about Trick's NXT happenings & Hayes on the Main Roster.

They talked to Peter Rosenberg about Wrestlemania 40 plus the upcoming Royal Rumble.

Real life couple Montez Ford & Bianca Belair taking about their new reality show, family and various stuff.

Last, Kathy Kelly talked to "The Wise Man" Paul Heyman about "The Tribal Chief, The Head of the Table" Roman Reigns about how is he going to make this year even bigger than the last and Heyman said "that's a good question" :!:

So what was the huge announcement for this show :?: They're going to Europe for major PLEs' :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

This coming Saturday in the WWE Royal Rumble and I can't wait for it :)

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:45 am

I'm curious about the Rumble. Admittedly I haven't spent 10 seconds paying attention to the weekly happenings in the WWE, but I am curious to see any of the surprise entrants. There's a couple rumors that I would be a bit disappointed if they showed up/signed with the WWE. I won't name names to ruin any surprises, I'll just talk about it afterwards.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:22 am

Yeah I mean it's not the most exciting time ever in WWE right now I mean it's no 1988 - 1995 but that's no reason not watch it IMO. It's fairly decent with a building of Drew's quest for the title and Gunther still being dominant with other cool stuff going on especially since AJ Styles returned.

Yes, DO NOT post the spoilers...I haven't read nor checked out anything on purpose and I absolutely hate seeing the darn thumbnails on YT I mean not one single YouTuber, not even the official ones give 1 percent of consideration for the people who hasn't seen the program yet or just doesn't want to be plain-o-spoiled. I mean I would hate to be part of this generation I mean do they even know what a surprise is :?: I usually don't watch a WWE/NXT PLE till the next morning and since the Kickoff show is on YT and sometimes has a bonus bout I gotta be careful with that :!: I'm sure the Rumble is going to be fun this Saturday :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:51 pm

What do you think of the news of Raw moving exclusively to Netflix in 2025? Seems like a good way to lose casual viewers. I've never paid for Netflix and this just gives me even more reason not to watch the WWE.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT