Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: BackLash RESULTS!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: Night of Champions is TOD

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 27, 2023 6:28 am

So today is WWE Night of Champions live in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia which this will mark a historic event.

Now last week on WWE SmackDown Lowdown, the first main roster appearance of the great looking McKenzie Mitchell along with Matt Camp revealed something...

they revealed that this event is actually a triple main event :o

Now how about that :batshock: :wwsmh: :smgasp:

So this Premium Live Event will have a jam-stack card and will determine a new WORLD Champion that is NOT for Cody and will also have the return of heel Trish Stratus in action :o

Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn (c) vs. The Bloodline (Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa) for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship & WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship: First off can you believe that Sami is actually wlecomed here this time I mean they never allowed him in Arabia because of his Syrian roots :wwsmh: :smsmh: I suspect this will be the last match on the card and actually be "THE MAIN EVENT" because it's Roman :!: I cannot see the Bloodline losing this at all and I see Roman having all the gold in an unbelievable moment and personally I hope it happens :o

Seth Rollins vs. AJ Styles in the World Heavyweight Championship Tournament Final Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: So Cody Rhodes had his chance to be the final one in the tournament and he didn't make it as did many others their triple threat matches. Now we're back at Rollins & Styles which on paper seems like the most ideal match-up you could ever want. Both need it and I've said before with Rollins' newer theme and the crowd singing along with it that is screaming champion that he should have won Money in the Bank but that didn't happen because apparently it wasn't a logical time for WWE to pull that trigger despite how the atmosphere was and AJ hasn't had a title in ages and he's getting close to a time when he may retire, I feel he needs to be the new World Champ though the brand issue may give away the winner because AJ is on Smackdown and this new title is for the Raw brand so who knows :? I think it's a good looking title however it fits along side the lines of the WWE & Universal Championship which looks so generic with no creative touch which I guess goes along with most of this modern era oh and I expect it to have Velcro too just like the others instead of actual snaps :roll: This will be a terrific match, possibly the one to steal the show :!:

Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar: So Cody has a broken arm thanks to Lesnar's Kimura. In this rematch how will Cody prevail this time :?: I can't see Lesnar losing yet again :shock:

Gunther (c) vs. Mustafa Ali for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: Amazing how Arabia's hero Maansor has been really downgraded being a model that you hardly ever see now while Ali who's an Afghan-Indian that has no ties to this country and is being pushed like he's never won before being a Barry Horowitz 2.0 which is awful since that's been done before and since he had such a big thing going on in 205 Live & Retribution but of course we're not supposed to think that way and we're supposed to forget it ever happen like the original to a rebooted film...nope, that ain't happenin' with Me :o :batsmh: :wwshock: :smsmh: Gunther has really been on a terror as of late and I don't see his streak of going for The Honky Tonk Man's record being stopped anytime soon which is still one of the most important records in wrestling :!:

Bianca Belair (c) vs. Asuka for the WWE Raw Women's Championship: So here we go with the women matches starting with Bianca & Asuka. I expect them to be covered up as snug as a bug in a rug in that darn 100 degree temperature which is so damn ridicules. It's bad enough we're in this pathetic androgynous, non-binary, gender variant day & age but how they are about women in that country is still really pitiful...I mean I'll never forget what Mansoor said about the women's match he called a while back...he said I don't know what to say other than it's going to be ugly :wwshock: That there shows you what he and that culture thinks about women :batsmh: :smsmh: So these women show a bit of skin elsewhere especially Asuka ain't afraid to show her cleavage. So in short I really don't think that this match will be any different than they're last but it will be good non the less because they are two of the WWE's finest :)

Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Natalya for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship: Now both of these women aren't afraid to show their cleavage either, to bad the country has no clue what their missing :batsmh: :wwwink: :smsmh: I think this match is going to be like Rhea's bout against Zelina Vega at BackLash which was nearly a squash so sorry Nattie the B.O.A.T. :roll:

Becky Lynch vs. Trish Stratus: Now both of these women are known to show some skin and Trish has really been showing off her great cleavage a young 47 years old. Like I said before I'm hoping that there's at least some teenagers and young guys out there that is being wowed by her since she is looking great as a veteran but like the Attitude Era that fun fascination is like gone I mean the reports say that men's testosterone levels are really down on single men and it seems it's only gonna get worse the way this society is heading, just check out your local Target on their "new" section for instance :batshock: :wwsmh: :smsmh: Now like I said, I was actually following her long before her WWF/WWE days when she was a great fitness model in MuscleMag in the mid & later 90s when she started out and when she was truly incredible I mean I was in awe about her when I was a teenager and yes she was competing against the likes of Torrie Wilson, Tylene "Major Ginns" Buck & April Hunter who were also fitness models at the time that would also get into wrestling but Trish was always the one :batwink: One day I'll make special visual post about what I mean :o :shock: :batshock: :wwwink: :smgasp:

So unfortunately I'm expecting her to be all covered up and the thing is Becky is great looking too and has been known to show skin as well and in fact in recent times there were moments were she wasn't afraid to show her booty so with things coming from a guy that admires women, it's such a shame that this has to be this way but this match is a tremendously exciting bonus and I look for Trish to win with her new heel persona and dare I say that could be considered an upset :o

So on Sunday which is tomorrow is WWE NXT Battleground 2023, I really don't talk enough about NXT 2,0, it's been looking different now since some of the main stars are on the main roster but really for a very long while they've been experimenting with the NXT talent on Main Event. Also this is competing against AEW's Double or Nothing as well so with two huge WWE PLE's back to back plus from the competition that being AEW it should be a non-biased true wrestling fan's dream..I know I feel fortunate for it :)

On this poster we have Tiffany Stratton, NXT Champ Carmelo Hayes, Bron Breakker, Roxanne Perez & NA Champ Wes Lee :!:

Look at this history :!: :!:

So with all of this being known what is your predictions, questions or are you even going to tune into these events :?: Well I'm not gonna be a critic, I'm quite excited that this happening and I will post My thoughts & results when I can :)

UPDATE!!

Here is the MEDIA EVENT!!

Here's a shorter version of the MEDIA EVENT!!

and here is the KICKOFF SHOW!!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: Night of Champions Result

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 29, 2023 6:10 am

So Night of Champions was yesterday/2 days ago, I thought it was a decent PLE, I wasn't engaged with it as much as BackLash and really I didn't find it as fun for many reasons, some that had nothing to do with WWE.

Now before I quickly show the results I'm gonna point out a few notable things here :?

As I noted above in My big preview, the women will all be covered up like NASCAR Drivers and no not a like revealing Danica Patrick :roll: Even though there was three women's matches, I still find this ridicules I mean women aren't even allowed to drive there :wwsmh: :batshock: :smsmh: Really the only woman that stood out was Becky Lynch because immediately she's in yellow and a possible inspiration to Bruce Lee & Uma Thurman in The Game of Death & Kill Bill action movies. While not totally original, I thought it was nice touch I mean you gotta work with what ya got :batsmile:

Bruce Lee, Uma Thurman & Becky Lynch 1.jpg

Now as I was saying about Trish in the preview and before that, I think she still looks wonderful and at only 47 that's just about 5 years older than Me and even since I was a youngster I liked older girls & women alike...now how in the heck could anybody even think she's old and want to cover her beauty up is way beyond searching Me :batshock: :wwsmh: :smgasp:

Trish Stratus 2.jpg

Now Asuka has really changed ever since she wore the Jason Voorhees mask, now's she's an Oni Demon and doing the 1-i symbalism and that's all I'm saying about that :batsmh: :wwshock: :smsmh:

Asuka 1.jpg

So here is the quick results...Rollins beat AJ to become the new Wold Champ and HHH congratulated him. Trish was great against Becky and she won with the help of NXT's Zoey Stark :!: Ali lost in a great effort. Ali acted like this was his culture and the people accepted it, amazing how things change. Bianca Belair LOST THE RAW WOMEN'S TITLE TO ASUKA due to her poison mist trick on her taped fingers which really I was quite surprised about that :o I was right about Rhea squashing Nattie and it was even a bigger squash that the match with Zelina cause at least she fought back a bit and even though Ripley was all covered up in black she still looked hot :batsmile: The match with Lesnar & Cody was great but in the end Brock made him pass out via the Kimura getting his revenge and I have no idea where they go on from here :? I thought the big tag match was going to be the last bout because Roman which was a terrific one. Finally Sami was welcomed there and he made a huge fan fair wearing the white robe and speaking Arabic to the plebeians of the Kingdom of Jeddah. Holy crap there's more turmoil in the Bloodline and Jimmy Uso has betrayed the Tribal Chief and Sami & KO are still Tag Champs :o

So there it is. Next WWE is going to Great Britain for Money in the Bank July 1, that's going to be interesting as it will conclude the International trifecta of PLEs :batsmile:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: MITB is TODAY!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:34 am

So it's that time of the year already, the time is for WWE MONEY IN THE BANK :!: On Peacock you can see all of great moments there plus at WWE Shop.com you can get all of the merchandise that is really cool representing where it's taking place which is at the O2 Arena in London England U.K. :!:

I absolutely love the MITB Poster, look at how Rollins is standing over London :!: it seems like I'm the only one that thinks these are cool, I've always loved great looking posters regardless on genre for ages :batsmile:

It's really amazing that three PLE's in a row have been International and here's the really cool commercial :batsmile:

THE CARD: It seems really decent yet some names & titles are absent as there could be more here. That's because they were added to WWE Friday Night Smackdown to give the U.K. plebeians a bonus big day :)

So I believe the main event of the evening will be the The Bloodline Civil War Match of The Bloodline (Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa) vs. The Usos (Jey Uso & Jimmy Uso): I knew this was coming after everything that has happen over the last month or so. This is going to be an epic bout and something nobody should want to miss! I think there's a chance that the Usos might pull off an upset here but will Solo truly stay loyal to his Tribal Chief :o Depending on the order of the card booking, could the winner of the Men's MITB cash in on Roman :?:

Seth Rollins (c) vs. Finn Bálor for the World Heavyweight Championship: This will be a huge rematch from SummerSlam 2016. I don't see Rollins losing this new title any time soon. Depending on the order of the card booking, could the winner of the Men's MITB cash in on The Visionary :?:

LA Knight vs. Santos Escobar vs. Butch vs. Damian Priest vs. Logan Paul vs. Ricochet vs. Shinsuke Nakamura in the Men's Money in the Bank ladder match: So the Men's MITB match looks to be quite different and has a representative from England which is Butch the former Pete Dunne. This is looking really good. Ricochet seems like the hottest one to win it the way he's being pushed however LA Knight seems to be the dark horse of the whole match however this is Logan's first ladder match and I expect him to win it and get a mixed crowd reaction but not with ease though because I believe he & Ricochet will do some incredible moves and have an insane spot that will determine the winner of the match and become Mr. Money in the Bank :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

IYO SKY vs. Bayley vs. Zelina Vega vs. Zoey Stark vs. Becky Lynch vs. Trish Stratus in the Women's Money in the Bank ladder match: Now this is the match that is worth the price of Peacock alone. Like their counterparts' match, this one looks quite unique. All of the women in this is really good. I hate to think that Zelina is there as filler even though she has had major screen time since BackLash and really it would be awesome if she would win this, Despite how Bayley's picture is, she has been looking very hot lately and I would love it if she would win but I expect some turmoil between her and fellow Damage CTRL member IYO SKY. I love how Trish is which if you don't know then you need to read & see My last two previous WWE PLE's write ups :batwink: Will Trish and he new found bodyguard Stark keep their partnership in this match and stop Becky becoming Becks in the Bank :?: I want Bayley or Trish to become Ms. Money in the Bank but I think Becky will win since she's Irish and close tome home. Really no matter who wins in the outcome it will be one heck of a Women's MITB Ladder Match :wwwink:

Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Liv Morgan & Raquel Rodriguez for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship: Finaly the female masters of MMA are together and doing things. Last week Shayna & Ronda unified the NXT Tag Team Championships against Alba Fyre & Isla Dawn so I don't expect them losing their new championships anytime soon in this good match :wwsmile:

Gunther (c) vs. Matt Riddle for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: This match is going to be nuts and I expect Gunther to get a huge crowd reaction when he comes out and when his retains :!:

Dominik Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes: This is going to be something else and maybe even the show stealer. Depending the card booking, could the winner of the Women's MITB threaten the hot Rhea Ripley and try to cash in on her :?:

Here's another look at the great MITB Poster plus a special collage that I made :)

The Kickoff Show is going to start in only of a matter of hours and I'm sure they'll have a press conference as well :o

So are you going to check this out one way or another or just skipping it? Predictions & Thoughts :?: I'm quite thankful that I can watch something something so fun & cool like this :)

By the way, their advertising Fast Lane already which is in October :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV Topics: MITB is TODAY!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:48 pm

I looked up the results but that's about all I can do. There's just nothing in the WWE I find interesting right now.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: MITB Results!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:27 am

What a shame, not even just for the entertainment and that you could watch such a thing :roll: Boy the people in the U.K. were all excited, the crowd loved the whole thing from beginning to end. I loved how they were to Roman calling him names and saying FU to him, I always love a crowd that is "REALLY" into it. Their not as picky and critical as Americans and they accept what they get which is kinda how I think as well. I thought it was a decent PLE with some very big swerves!

First here is the only new thing on the Kickoff with Paul Heyman. Because of the CIVIL WAR, Heyman & Braxton's history is really behind them now :o

In short I was right about a few things. Unbelievable spots from Ricochet & Logan and I thought LA Knight had it but Damian Priest is Mr. MITB which really I didn't expect. IYO SKY is Ms. MITB as she HANDCUFFED BOTH BAYLEY & BECKY to the ladder :wwlol: :batshock: :smsmh: Talk about a way different way to a climax to win :!: Shayana BETRAYED Rousey and cost them them Women's Tag Titles :wwshock: Cody won. Gunther DESTROYED Matt Riddle and MADE HIM TAP OUT :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: McEntyre returned and confronted Gunther. Cena came back and the U.K. crowd actually was happy about it and he got confronted by Grayson Waller :shock: Rollins & Balor's match was far different than their previous ones. Priest attempted to cash in but cost Balor the bout. KO & Sami was in the sky box. The Bloodline Civil War was totally an awesome & great match and when it was all said and done "Main Event" Jey Uso PINNED Roman :!: He hasn't been pinned in over 3 years :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Its amazing how this story has developed into this. This is really one of the most solid storylines in recent or perhaps a very long time.

Here's a long highlight video :batsmile:

Rhea Ripley once again was really hot, this time she looked like an 80s Punk Rocker from Engalnd :wwwink: :batwink: :smgrin:

Rhea Ripley 1.jpg

Here's the WWE MITB Press Conference :!:

I thought it was pretty good with some unexpected things. Next is WWE SummerSlam which they are back in Detroit for the 30th anniversary in 1993, look for a special that soon from Me in a HUGE spectacle :!:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:50 pm

Yeah, I can appreciate the long story they've had going with Reigns and the Usos, I've just never been a fan of either of them, so I might check in to see what happened, but it's nothing I care enough to actually invest time in watching. If I had to list people I find interesting in WWE, it's probably AJ Styles, Becky, and Gunther. No one else really interests me much , and AJ wasn't even on the show and Gunther probably won't go beyond mid-card except to be the occasional monster heel for a face Champion like Cody Rhodes to overcome one day. Vince being back hasn't helped, either.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:50 pm

Well their not My favorites either but I do like seeing a great story unfold from beginning to end and then when it's all said and done in time you can look back on it and see it all over again and be like like, yeah I saw that how it was then and maybe even see it differently or better than you did before :) AJ just had his chance at the World Title at Night of Champions, that was his biggest thing since he came back from his injury which really he got back into things rather quickly. It seems Becky is staying in the upper mid-card to being a contender but just can't make it to the top just yet and I think she's gonna stay like that for a while. Gunther is going for the Honky Tonk Man's IC record so he's gotta stay where he is which I hope he'll win his feud against McEntyre since he's back now. Yes, you can feel Vinnie Mac's presence but dang, it's been like that for so long I'm used to used to it and I just accept it ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: SummerSlam is Tonight

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:41 am

It's that time of year already...for the big one...SUMMERSLAM :!: First let's do this before I get that. During
SummerSlam week Vinnie Mac has this going on of all times :roll:

Vinnie Mac 1.jpg

NXT just had a decent PLE of the Great American Bash that happen this past weekend :!:

Carmelo Hayes (w/Trick Williams) (c) defeated Ilja Dragunov to retain the NXT Championship (24:07): Amazing, HIM is still champ!

Tiffany Stratton (c) defeated Thea Hail (w/Duke Hudson & Andre Chase) in a Submission Match to retain the NXT Women's Championship (11:46): I love Hail's little Ultimate Warrior style and I absolutly love Strattion's triple mmonsault :!:

Tony D'Angelo & Channing Lorenzo defeated Gallus (Mark Coffey & Wolfgang) (w/Joe Coffey) (c) to win the NXT Tag Team Championship (8:43): It's about time that Tony D is got a belt but dang, they beat Gallus :o

Dominik Mysterio (w/Rhea Ripley) (c) defeated Wes Lee and Mustafa Ali in a Triple Threat Match to retain the NXT North American Championship (12:06): Now this is something that more main roster talent is going to NXT and really this looks cool but it kinda hurts the point of being a roster member in NXT especially when your champion and the thing is "Dirty" Dom never step foot in NXT... he was immediately given a main roster push by his father...WWE Hall of Famer Rey Mysterio :shock:

Roxanne Perez defeated Blair Davenport in a Weapons Wild Match (11:50): What a great match! Perez needs to get back on track and get her belt back :!:

Gable Steveson vs. Baron Corbin ended in a Double Count Out (6:31): What a way to keep'em both safe :!:

Pre-Show: Nathan Frazer, Dragon Lee, Valentina Feroz & Yulisa Leon defeated Meta-Four (Noam Dar, Oro Mensah, Lash Legend & Jakara Jackson) in an Eight Person Mixed Tag Team Match (10:51): Shame this was on the preshow but hey their bringing matches back on there instead of wasting time with the panels and showing video packages :batwink:

So there's a tiny bit about that. In between then and now they've been hyping up American Nightmare: Becoming Cody Rhodes on Peacock and American Ninja 2023 with Baron Corbin as a special guest commentator on NBC & Peacock. They'll probably get somebody from there like Kacy Catanzaro/Katana Chance and rename, use them for a while as a champ then make them look like yesterday's news :roll: Those type of reality athlete shows never did interest Me. Of course WWE SummerSlam has been hyped up for months as it should be :!:

So tonight's WWE SummerSlam is a very important one, it marks the 35th Anniversary of it as a whole and it also marks the 30th Anniversary of the great 1993 WWF SummerSlam that was in Detroit Michigan. Here's an old WWF SummerSlam 93 Report with Mean Gene Okerlund that I made for a huge upcoming 1993 Special :o This one was one of most patriotic ones ever as it has "The All American Original" Lex Luger faces off against WWF Champion Yokozuna plus the first PPV match of Ludvig Borga as well as Giant Gonzales vs. The Undertaker plus so much more. It was presented by Chevy which was so ideal for this back in 93. Gosh I miss these days before the internet, these reports on the classic WWF programming is all you needed to know, it was great times of family fun :)

So months ago around the road to Wrestleman season, they were hyping up that WWE SummerSlam is returning to Detroit. I was like oh wow, how cool that is. This time it's presented by Ford because it's in Ford Field. I feel it's a shame because the Chevy sponsor appeared more appealing to an event of this nature.

So here's the POSTERS :!:

The PROMO Video :!:

THE CARD!!!

Roman Reigns (c) vs. Jey Uso in a Tribal Combat Match for the WWE Championship & WWE Universal Championship: This is going to be awesome. The implosion of the Bloodline comes to a head here. I don't see "Main Event" Jey Uso beating Roman becoming the new champ & tribal chief then again as Vinnie Mac used to say, anything can happen in the WWF/WWE :!:

Asuka (c) vs. Bianca Belair and Charlotte Flair in a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Women's Championship: This is going to be a great women's match. I'm pulling for Bianca however I think IYO SKY is gonna cash in here and be successful :!:

Now as you saw above, "Dirty Dom & Rhea Ripley have their hands full in NXT which is a shame because this card seriously needs them in a bout especially Ripley :!:

Seth Rollins (c) vs. Finn Bálor for the World Heavyweight Championship: This match is 7 years in the making :shock: Since Balor beat Rollins to become the first ever WWE Universal Champion and then relinquish it the next day on WWE Monday Night Raw, at this year's SummerSlam, Balor has got to redeem himself here however will fellow Judgment Day member & MMITB Damian Priest attempt to cash in on the winner even if it is his own partner and what will the hot Ripley do here as well :?:

Gunther (c) vs. Drew McIntyre for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: So as noted this SummerSlam is the 35th Anniversary edition...Gunther is going for the The Honky Tonk Man's all-time record...at the first one he lost the title in seconds against the The Ultimate Warrior... will this be an upset like that via Drew's Claymore or will this be a Donnybrook that will be talked about for a long while to come and The Ring General will keep going for the record :?:

Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar: So this is the rubber match. Who will prevail and where will they go from here :?:

Now the Ricochet vs. Logan Paul feud is really heating up. Paul is spicing it up with The One & Only's finance Samantha Irvin who is a great ring announcer, I love how she announces especially Roman Reigns. Take a look at how she is :batshock: :wwsmh: :smgasp:

They both have some epic moments together, this will be no different and both need a win but only one can do it :!:

Shayna Baszler vs. Ronda Rousey in an MMA Rules Match: Now I was quite surprised that Shayna betrayed Ronda and cost them the tag team title reign. The Queen of Spades said that she's tired of being put second and that was her reasoning of beating the "The Rowdy" one. This will be a MMA Rules match and will be a doozy :!:

So LA Knight & Sheamus battled it to get momentum for the WWE. Slim Jim Battle Royal on Friday Night Smackdown..

Yes, I was quite like what when they announced this :? There will be many competitors here and the winner will be granted a title shot down the road. Amazing how Slim Jim is the sponsor, "Macho Man" Randy Savage was the original one back in the day and Matt Camp was doing the impressions on WWE Programming. After Savage left WWF in early 95, wrestlers such as "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel & Bam Bam Bigleow would do the commercials but Slim Jim's deal basically expired when Macho went to WCW in late 94 and it had been there ever since till they were destroyed by the WWF/WWE. So this is quite a pleasing thing to see & know that Slim Jim is back in wrestling :)

So this is SummerSlam week and it doesn't get much more exciting than that, the event is tonight but first is the WWE SummerSlam Kickoff Show that's in mere hours :o

What's your predictions and/or thoughts. You gonna tune in or just skip it :?: I'm quite thankful that I can watch it :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: SummerSlam RESULTS!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:11 am

So WWE SummerSlam Detroit was actually quite exciting and had some really fun moments. It was presented by C4 Energy Drink basically throughout it's entirety especially even thru the press conference so they really milked that one :shock:

Now as I had said in My preview The Battle Royal is presented by Slim Jim and I talked about the history of it with "Macho Man" Randy Savage. Well this commercial is kinda cool, it has a musical conductor and he is angry with his students then we see old clips of The Macho Man then Bianca Belair & LA Knight appear and they snap into a Slim Jim and we once again see an old classic clip of Macho Man :) If you love classic 90s wrestling of WWF & WCW then I'm sure you'll appreciate this :)

WWE Hall of Famer Kid Rock opened up the event with a special video package. He showed about how it started in 1988 which was great because it's the 35th anniversary :!: Surprisingly he didn't mention that this is 30 years in the making of returning to Detroit and how great that 1993 SummerSlam was and really I thought that was such a missed opportunity however I was really surprised that he mentioned and showed SummerSlam 95 which is arguably My favorite one of all because I love how it looked and how it was and that year overall with it's great wrestling, movies video games and more. Then he shows 2013 which has it's 10th anniversary and then says tonight we make history :!:

Highlighs!

Results with FOUR MAIN EVENTS! All of the matches were decent. My favorite one was the triple threat women's bout however the MMA Rules one with Shayna & Ronda was so superb, it's about darn time Shayna does something spectacular and I hope she's going to the top now! It was great how Omos was introduced! I was quite disappointed that JD McDonagh got eliminated so soon and how it was done. I'm glad LA Knight won, I hope he goes to the top now as well. How about that, after he lost, The Beast has respect for The American Nightmare :!: While I love the story telling of this civil war I feel the Tribal Combat could have been more violent with much more to it, it seemed so tame. It makes Me think even more how this era & modern times really is pathetic but really how many people are truly noticing this :?:

Top Moments!

Without a single doubt the biggest moment of the night perhaps the whole year is the triple threat women's match & IYO SKY CASHES IN in her briefcase and became new WWE Women's Champ and Bayley looked hot helping her as well!

LA Knight snaps into in a Slim Jim being a "Savage" with the nice looking Cathy Kelly!

WWE Press Conference. This was quite different and BILL APTER of Pro Wrestling Illustrated WAS THERE :o

OK, that will do it. I was pretty excited about this event and as good as it was it doesn't beat the epicness that was SummerSlam Detroit 93, I showed some clips in PB's Promo page and anybody that loves vintage & classic wrestling like I do will agree. Next will be WWE Payback and I'm sure it will be fun, the commercial is great too :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Official Wrestling PPV-PLE Topics: PAYBACK is TONITE!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:11 am

So WWE Payback is Tonight! It's going to be really good. Here's the cool poster that is Judgment Day themed :!:

Here's the rundown of the THE CARD! John Cena is going to be the host of the event which is odd because 1, he's apart timer and 2. usually a host is only at Wrestlemania but this should be interesting :)

Always thinking about the age. He doing something he's never done before and that is is "hosted" and he doesn't even know what that means :shock: I really don't count him being there that long since he souled out to Holliweird and went to China and didn't stay in the WWE when he could have :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Seth Rollins (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the World Heavyweight Championship: This new tweener Nakamura I believe will be full blown heel and I think we're gonna have a new World Champion in this great great bout that may spawn a trilogy in a even bigger feud :!:

Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Raquel Rodriguez for the Women's World Championship: So we're getting this big return feud from NXT a few short years ago that they probably won't mention and fans alike probably will disregard it as well. Both women has evolved since then. We got Mami vs. Big Momma Cool. Rodriguez better stop smiling and get really serious to when she was a major heel otherwise she's gonna get riptided by the hot Ripley :!:

Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Austin Theory for the WWE United States Championship: Mysterio is gonna have his hands full here in this good one but he may still retain his new title. Could a betrayal of the LWO be in the works however :?

Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn (c) vs. The Judgment Day (Damian Priest & Finn Bálor) in a Steel City Street Fight for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship & WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship: This is going to be an awesome street fight and how will Priest mess up Balor this time :?: If the champs lose I will be surprised :shock:

Becky Lynch vs. Trish Stratus in a Steel Cage match: This will be the match that steals the show IMO. This feud has really escalated. They just had big brawls all over the arena now their gonna do it in the cage! Trish is looking mighty fine as I had said before and I hope there's still teenage boys that go wow over older women like I did when I was that age because she still looks as great now as she did then and she's still got that cleavage too and she's a great example for older men to like older women too :batwink: I'm goin' for Trish all the way :!:

LA Knight vs. The Miz: I think Knight is got to much momentum to lose. He's arguably the biggest face in the company right now :o

Grayson Waller hosts “The Grayson Waller Effect” with guest "The American Nightmare" Cody Rhodes: This will be something and maybe a feud in the making. Shame that Waller has really done nothing anything remarkable since he made it to the main roster. He is a real talent, hopefully this will be a surprising segment.

So that's the Card. Thoughts, Predictions or are you just skipping it :?: Me, well I'm all for the entertainment and being grateful that I can do ;)

The Kickoff Show is in less that 12 hours as I speak & type this :o :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT