Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

WWE/NXT: WWE Draft!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Wrestling: WWE PG Era - 2008 - Currently!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 24, 2021 6:28 am

Indeed. Yes, NXT has only 30 days no-compete clause and again, Chelsea in Impact :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 27, 2021 9:39 am

Well it happened again, Lashley came out with some more women by his side. Is this a weekly thing going forward :?:

"Lashley's Ladies" were in the VIP Lounge, these women were okay, shame that the other babes from last week didn't do this, I liked them way, way more (look at My previous post for comparisons)!

Here is the info on these women. they are as follows: Bellator MMA fighter Jessica Borga, Cristina, personal trainer Yesi Mena, fashion model Ijaza Saadat, and fitness trainer Mia Lanz.

I do like this on going as it is refreshing but I think they could do more with this booking and to be honest, It felt downgraded to Me for some reason.

Another thing, Adnan Virk is leaving the WWE ALREADY and being replaced...After Charlie Caruso and Tom Phillips were replaced and Samoa Joe was released, I think the commentary team is just weak.

Speaking of Charlie, Caruso, I felt that the reason being let go for tardiness was some kind of excuse. I miss her and R-Truth on Raw Talk as I think that they had really good chemistry together. I really liked her, I thought she was great looking and a very decent talent. She is back at ESPN now.

That's all, just wanted to say this stuff, more coming soon :batshock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:32 pm

WWE released Aleister Black, Braun Strowman, Ruby Riott, Buddy Murphy, Lana, and Santana Garrett today.

It's stunning that they wasted a hot Strowman a few years ago. It's stunning they couldn't do anything on the main roster with Black and one of the best entrances in all of wrestling. Actually, strike that, nothing is surprising anymore.

I was never a big fan of Lana in the ring, but they spent months putting her through tables after Rusev left and it never went anywhere. Now it just looks like what it kind of always looked like, a punishment for her husbands actions. It's hard to root for the WWE at all these days,

But that's good news for AEW, Impact, MLW, ROH and NJPW, because there's an influx of great talent becoming available in the next few months. Exciting times.

I can't even watch WWE anymore with their stupid tv screen crowd that looks like a mausoleum. I'm done with it. I've tried hanging on by a thread hoping something will spark my interest, but it's just so damn hard to want to support that company. I don't want to see anyone lose their job, but there are several other names they're wasting that I'd love to see go elsewhere.

I said this elsewhere, they can fire all the wrestlers they want, but it's the writers (especially on Raw) that need to go.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:46 pm

Eh, Strowman had a hot streak, but that streak had a ceiling. He's legendary for his ability to screw up. He's accidentally stiffed major guys in the ring, he puts his foot in his mouth a lot, he's offended people backstage. He's basically a more successful Ryback. He also signed a massive pre-Covid contract that put a target on him now that they're trimming a lot. He'll probably end up at Impact, I think.

The biggest losses here are Black, who seemed like money and is probably another victim on the Heyman Stans for Them But Pritchard's Higher Up list, and Ruby Riott, who might be the most underrated women's wrestler in North America. AEW should be looking at them specifically.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:48 pm

Yeah, I've heard things about Braun backstage. But I think back to a few years ago when I took my kids to a house show and the only two guys I really really wanted to see were Braun and Elias (bought my Elias shirt that night), and of course they faced each other in the opening match that lasted only a few minutes while I was still in line at the concession stand. Then they did the whole Braun wants to murder Roman angle and he got really hot (probably too hot considering they probably wanted Roman to be the one benefitting from that). They just saddled him with terrible storylines from teaming with a kid, to the bullying angle, to the freaking choo choo sounds. KInd of makes you wonder if that was a punishment. It will be interesting to see what happens with him after he tweeted a year ago that indie wrestlers complaining about covid shutting down places needed to stop whining and get a job. Karma?

Black is puzzling. Again, almost makes you wonder if it had anything to do with his wife and her pro-union stuff that got her fired. How the hell couldn't they do something with Black? When he debuted on the main roster I thought for sure he'd be in the main event picture within a year at WM. Guess not.

Santana Garrett supposedly was just told she was being brought up to Smackdown. Ruby Riot never seemed like she got a fair shot I'd love to see her in AEW or Impact. Business is about to pick up.

I was watching the Mick Foley A&E bio today (which they've all been excellent) and texting with a buddy of mine about the releases. And seeing highlights of the Attitude Era and how they were kind of the anti-hero back then against WCW which was more corporate in nature and sort of collapsed under it's own bloated weight, and now I think how the WWE has kind of become that bloated, sterile, repetive,tired corporate product, and now places like AEW, MLW, are kind of the anti-hero role and how much more fun watching AEW is vs the WWE. Yes, the WWE is almost flawless in it's production, but that takes a lot of the fun out of it with all the scripted promos and over-written angles, most of it just doesn't feel fresh or fun, and this was way before covid took the crowds away. Bully Ray says it a lot on Busted Open, AEW feels like a rock concert. In that regard, WWE has kind of become the stage play.

And thinking about all of that I texted my buddy this old saying 'you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain', and it feels like WWE is kind of becoming the villain. I'm not suggesting in anyway that AEW or any other wrestling company will ever take out the WWE, but like i said earlier, it's getting harder to root for anything WWE.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:30 am

I just found out about this shocking news and you guys beat Me to it this time. They waste so much time and great talent with silly angles and acting like they don't know what to do with them. Strowman was really a shock, Black's dark father was just getting good. Murphy was just wasted. I guess Liv will have to figure out what she was becoming before she reunited with Ruby? I think Ruby was wasted as well. I Really wasn't liking Lana over the years but having her to pay for the sins of Miro was too much. Really a shame about Santana, I followed her for many years on the Indie scene and IMO she was such trailblazer for the women's "true" revolution before today's WWE version. In fact I wrote a brief topic about it in the board in this section. It really pains Me that WWE wastes all this time and talent and does everything wrong. Mercedes Martinez, another great one that I followed for years long ago is in NXT and IMO she too is being wasted as well.

Anyway, WWE has become so dumb in these categories but it's just not the writers, McMahon on a weekly basis literally rips up the scripts they write so really they just play it by ear. Oh and of course Vinnie Mac is always being influenced by Kevin Dunn for decades so unfortunately there's that :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:59 am

Well, Lashley had his ladies again last week in the VIP but a couple were a different. Check out the babe with the muscles, she is My fave of the bunch :batgrin: Will they show up with him & MVP tonite :?:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:21 am

Yes Lashley's ladies showed up again and Drew even acknowledged that it is the "Lashely Train"!  During the contract signing I found it unbelievable how Drew sliced the table in half with his "Highlander" sword :!:

But My fave part of last nite's Raw was Shayna. As you know I love Shayna for many years, I always thought she was so much better and more than Rousey. I kinda liking this angle but I hope it doesn't go where I'm thinkin' it's gonna go :roll:  

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:07 am

Ugh, I don't know. I just can't watch more than a couple of minutes of Raw. It feels like it's written by people who've never watched wrestling before for second graders. Drew McIntyre shockingly asked for a Hell in the Cell match at a PPV that's already called Hell in a Cell. Cue Joey Styles, "OH MY GOD!"

Drew McIntyre walks into a fast food joint, "Well, since I'm in this hamburger restaurant, I'm going to need a hamburger. I'm going to need a BIG MAC!"

Fake WWE crowd noise, "Oooooooooooooooooh! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Raw Announce Team: "OH MY GOD, DREW MCINTYRE JUST ORDERED A BIG MAC AT MCDONALD'S! THE SCOTTISH PSYCHOPATH IS UNHINGED!"

Drew McIntyre walks into a car dealership, "Well, since I'm in this Ford dealership, I'm going to need a car. I'm going to need a FORD!"

Fake WWE crowd noice, "Ooooooooooooooooooooh!"

Raw Announcer Team, "OH MY GOD, DREW MCINTYRE IS BUYING A FORD!"
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:21 am

How terrible Packer :lol:

WWE just released 7 MORE Wrestlers :o Check out the vid I provided from WrestleHub, one of the few YT wrestling news sources I go to. Amazing how WWE is just ruining their rosters and just depleting them :!: :roll: What in the SAMHAIN are they doing :batconfused: Well, I don't think 205 Live will last much longer :(

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT