Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

WWE/NXT: WWE Draft!!!

Here's the place to run wild with Hulkamania, share some Attitude, or drop your Ruthless Aggression. Then. Now. Forever.

Re: Wrestling: WWE PG Era - 2008 - Currently!

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:44 am

Yeah, might be the end of 205 Live. Rumor is they're cutting budget to pay for the return of some big names, but it's not like they're hurting for money or anything.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:26 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Yeah, might be the end of 205 Live. Rumor is they're cutting budget to pay for the return of some big names, but it's not like they're hurting for money or anything.

I was afraid of that and what a shame. I thought it was so exiting and refreshing especially in its early days. I mean it wasn't as cool as back in WCW but I guess I was one of the few that liked 205 Live :roll: Yes, let's cancel a really cool brand that was built up so much so we can cancel it, deplete the rosters and save up that almighty buck and have hollywood sell-outs like Cena, The Rock and guys that shows up whenever they want and only wrestles a couple matches a year like Brock Lesnar robbing a true and deserving competitor like Keith Lee or someone else :roll:

The thing is I love how Lashley is now and since he's the champ I really dig this :batsmile: However, this is what should have been done since the beginning of his return and we should have gotten that Lashley/Lesnar match then for cryin' out loud but no it couldn't happen then :x We had to have the Roman & Lesnar fiasco instead :wwsmh: I would still be for a dream match with Lashley and Lesnar if he would return and it would happen :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:06 am

Money talks with Lesnar, so I'm sure you'll see him sooner or later.

I sure hope things get better with live crowds because I can't even watch WWE these days, but sadly, most of the storylines are awful outside of Roman and maybe the RKBro stuff. Everything is just bad TV. I flipped on Raw for about ten seconds and both Charlotte and Rhea were on crutches, like WTH? I'm not sure how they continue to call up wrestlers and completely kill/ruin their characters. First Keith Lee...now Ripley...

I've had a running joke with my friends that if Adam Cole ever got to the main roster he'd be presented as Michale Cole''s nephew or something stupid like that, and unfortunately, that's probably more likely than any of us would like to see.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:51 am

Indeed, I hope the crowds are good and feel fortunate to be there instead of chanting this is boring and doing the wave. I mean for years I see this and think did they pay all of that money to complain? Its silly IMO. I don't think that'll happen in AEW anytime soon however. Yeah, if Lesnar returns I hope he keeps his new longer hair look. The Roman stuff is good but gosh, how much further can it go? The RKBro team is OK, not My fave at the moment. Actually that was kinda cool with the crutches, they had a crutch fight! Rhea is one of My top women right now, I don't want her to lose @ MIB. Please no. Yeah, Keith was awesome and now he is MIA :? NO, I don't want that "Cole" crap to happen. Adam Cole has so much star power, he could be the guy of guys on whatever brand. Just please stay in NXT Cole!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:37 am

I'll tell you, the crowds will probably be hot to start, but if the product is anything like it's been the last six months or so it won't be long until you start hearing CM Punk chants and other stuff, especially once you get to Chicago in August.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:59 pm

Feeling like this is leading to a Cole/O'Reilly Loser Leaves Town match to move Cole up - I don't have a ton of evidence for that, just from the promos it feels like there's an "I need to end this guy's run here to move on with my life" vibe from both of them. Might as well give it a try. I'm sick of him, and truthfully he's always been my least favorite part of NXT relative to card prominence. If he works out on the main roster, great. If not he can always move back to NXT for a stretch like Finn did. I'd rather he go to AEW where I don't have to see him, but HHH and Shawn seem to love the dude.

But for all I know he's gonna end up with that title again after Kross moves up soon.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:05 pm

I'm fully expecting Cole to be up by the Rumble so he can have a match at WM vs McAfee.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:19 pm

Ooh, I didn't even think about that. That would be an interesting dynamic now. McAfee does some light heeling on color but he's mostly pretty neutral. I'd almost think he'd have to be the face here because his Smackdown work's been pretty enjoyable and he brings a lot of energy to the program. That could potentially get Cole over as a strong IC-level heel there. I could see him filling the same kind of slot for them that Sami Zayn does if they want to turn Sami face or move him to Raw.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:21 am

Man that NXT was good. How about that fallout between Dakota and Raquel :o How about Cole doin' the Panama Sunrise to Reed :shock: Joe vs. Kross for the NXT belt at Takeover :!:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:46 pm

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bray Wyatt The Fiend is FIRED :o :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to WWF/WWE/NXT