Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Postby wally2974 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:15 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a fedora hat or better yet a rubbery cast of a fedora for the newer Marvel Legends Spiderman Noir figure?? Why the hell they didn't include a hat with the figure, is beyond me!! I also bought casts of colt revolvers, since he comes with somekind of bogus guns....Hasbro has made a decision to try to NOT include real-world guns with their figures, UNLESS they're essential to a character(like the Punisher)
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:33 pm

I don't have the figures in front of me to see if the size is correct, but a DCUC or DC Direct Question was my first thought. ToyBiz Thing hat is probably too big. Would think NECA might have made one at some point. Those might be pricey though. Maybe try searching dollhouse hats on ebay for something? That's how I got the tophat for my Shade custom.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:33 pm

The Disney release of Indiana Jones (7”?) figure has a great fedora
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby wally2974 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:19 pm

Those sound like good suggestions. I don't have that Indiana Jones figure and I don't have the DC Direct Question, so I don't know how the size of their hats might fit Spider-Man Noir's head. I know DCUC Question's hat doesn't come off, so then it would have to be a cast of a head with the hat on it. Then, the head would have to be cut/dremeled off and then it would have to be cast a second time. I don't have any experience with making casts, so that wouldn't be an option. I was hoping someone might just have a cast of something that would fit. Maybe a dollhouse hat might work. I was hoping to find something made out of a rubbery material and not cloth or fabric.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:25 pm

You sure the DCUC Question hat isn't removable? My DCUC stuff is still packed away since we moved but I kind of thought it was a separate piece. You might just have to boil and really really work on it.

Or how about a Rorschach figure?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:53 pm

Welp, I went into my fodder box and found a Question head (and Phantom Stranger), I got the hat off with boiling water and by wedging a pair of needle nose pliers in between the head and hat. I don't have Noir Spidey handy, but the hate is way too small for a Sasquatch wave Deadpool, and I would imagine that is close in scale to Noir, so it looks like it won't fit. I would've sent it to you for just shipping if it did. Sorry, but at least now you know...

Whatabout a WWE figure? They tend to be a little larger. I'm pretty sure a few Bray Wyatt figures came with hats, and they might be reasonably priced. Can't think of someone else off hand, but I'm sure there are.

http://wrestlingsuperstore.com/blackfed ... gures.aspx
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby wally2974 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:25 pm

Oh Man! THANKS Packer, for trying to find me a hat that might fit Spider-Man Noir. You would think the Question hat would fit, but most of those heads are made so that the hats fit almost like a bottle cap. So the head isn't completely round, under the hat.
The wrestling figure's hat idea sounds like it would work. I really like the shape of that fedora, in the link, that you attached. I think I may give it a shot and order it. Even if it is a little big, Noir is usually drawn with the hat coming down, pretty far and almost over his eyes. I could always add a little blu tac, to the inside of the hat, to make it sit up a little further on his head.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:41 pm

Good luck! Most modern Legends heads tend to be larger than DCUC, especially male heads. Female heads are a little more close in scale.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby wally2974 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:24 pm

I bit the bullet & went on wrestlingsuperstore.com.....Damn you, Packer! LOL. I started browsing around and finding some other cool stuff that "I had to have". Every collectors famous last words. Hmm, a silver garbage can with a removeable lid. Sure, I'll take 2. I barbed-wire-wrapped baseball bat. COOL! A red baseball cap for my custom President Trump Marvel Legend, to make a "Make America Great Again" hat. Oh, a top hat! That might be helpful, so I add one of those to my cart. A briefcase...yeah, I could use that. Oh, and the reason I came to the website, in the first place...Those black fedoras for my Spider-man Noir Marvel Legend figure. Next Thing I knew, I spent like $40 BUCKS....Dangerous!
Thanks for the suggestion, Packer, but I spent way more than I expected. LOL. I'll check and see if it fits, when they arrive. Then, I'll update with another post.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:10 pm

It's a slippery slope. I usually rationalize it like, if I buy one thing with shipping it's going to cost me $10. BUT, if I order eight things and the total is $40 then I'm only paying $5 per item!
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs