Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: Customs Discussions, Works in Progress, etc.

Postby wally2974 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:39 pm

LOL. Great minds must think alike! That was exactly my rationale, also. I'm going to buy a single hat and pay $8 bucks to ship it? Lemme look around their site and see what else I might be able to use. And then, by the time I was getting ready to finalize the order, I was doing the whole -$5-an-item-logic-thing That was the same EXACT dialog, that I had going on in my head. Funny as hell!
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby wally2974 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:24 pm

The stuff, that I ordered from Wrestlingsuperstore.com, arrived today. The garbage cans are awesome, with removable lids. The barbed-wire bat is ok, but the handle is a little warped. So, I have to heat that up and see if I can straighten it out. The red cap is a little too translucent of red plastic, bit it fits my custom Trump great! Unfortunately, the black fedora is about twice as big as it needs to be, so it's huge on Spider-Man Noir's head. The top hat is way too big for 6" or 1:12th scale figures too. I'll have to see if I can find someone to cast it and use the shrink technique, on it, to make a smaller cast.
Last edited by wally2974 on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby wally2974 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:41 am

The top hat fits Chewbacca perfectly. LOL
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby wally2974 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:42 am

Trump looks good in his new red hat, too
wally2974
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:14 am

Anyone have any experience making cloth capes? Trying to make one for Moff Gideon and having a hell of a time trying to figure out what shape it should be to sit right. I've looked at tutorials, and templates for superhero capes, and everything I've cut out doesn't work. I've all but given up, and I'm going to just go with a modified Krennic cape, but I don't like it.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:49 pm

Did you just end up dying Krennic's cape?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:30 pm

Right now I just have a trimmed down Krennic cloak from the Black Series. Will probably post it this weekend, but continue to mess around with fabric. It's just the way his cape runs across he back but then drapes over his shoulders that is a pain. A simple Superman cape is easy, but the form for this has been somewhat of an issue, though I think I may have an idea by looking at the TLJ Luke cloak. We'll see.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:18 pm

Well, even though the Swamp is nowhere NEAR ready to go; I bought my 6th buck of the year for upcoming customs
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:29 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:57 am

Need opinions, do these arms look too masculine? I'm thinking of sanding down the ball shoulders. Thoughts?
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs