Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Godzilla!!!!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Godzilla!!!!!

Postby faustX » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:45 am

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:
securedownload.jpg
You talking about this one Faust?

Hnnnngggg! Yes, thats the one! So sexy.
faustX
Civilian
Civilian

Postby beastovjudgement » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:48 am

Godzilla is great. My best friend since first grade, and the best man at my wedding, really loves Godzilla, and is almost absurdly knowledgeable about the franchise. I still consider Destroy All Monsters my favorite in the series. King Ghidorah and Destoroyah are tied as my favorite villains. I wish I could justify buying the Monsterarts figures, as they are incredible, but they are way too expensive for my toy budget. I do have the die-cast 1970's Mechagodzilla (unquestionably the best MG design) from a few years back; that is one of the highlights of my toy collection.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:03 am

I think King G. is sweet, I'm just not too excited about his design. Its fine, but he never looks awesome. He DOES have the best fights with Godzilla, though, hands down. And he usually takes a pounding. The @$$ kickin he takes in GODZILLA V GIGAN is Legendary!!!!! He gets pretty messed up in D.A.M. as well, cause he fights like 9 kaiju.

Sadly, number 2 villian for me would be Gigan. I love that coward. He's a dipper, but he always looks sweet doing it.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:45 am

Oh I am a huge Godzilla, giant movie fan! I love huge monsters, prehistoric life and all of that. I am probably one of the biggest Kaiju fans you will meet :!: I am so glad that there is other who love "THE ICON" Godzilla himself! Here is some samples of My liking that is on My mind at the moment with brief commentary, I hope you enjoy this and I will appreciate your input :)

GODZILLA Movies!

Favorite Era: Heisei! Beginning with Godzilla 1985 (84) with a very dark and serious tone, all of the movies that followed were serious IMO with tremedous special effects, something that re-event the Kaiju experience.

Favorite Godzilla movie: Godzilla 1985! This is My all-time favorite Godzilla movie. It is so serious and very entertaining move that goes by very quickly. Such dynamic special effects and a grand musical score. When I was a child when the movie first came out, I loved it and was so happy about Godzilla but I always cried he went into the volcano and roared so pitiful and you know what? I still do :roll: and I proud to say that!

Favorite Godzilla version: Godzilla 84 & Godzilla 92! He just looked so neat, these today are still My favorite versions of The Icon!

Favorite Godzilla ally: Anguris! I always rooted for him, I felt sorry for him when he was destroyed by Mechagodzilla (1). He roars has always stuck with Me.

Favorite Godzilla villain: King Ghidorah! Oh he/they have always been My most favorite of Godzilla's enemies. So destructive and awesome, there's nobody else like King Ghidorah!

Another monster I truly loved: Gorosaurus! Another one I always liked, shame Kong got him but I so glad he reappeared in Destroy All monsters. He was a fantastic Kaiju ideed!

---------------------------------------

Gamera: Yes, I love Gamera too, when I watched Godzilla, I like to watch Gamera as well. He was just as fun to watch IMO.

Favorite Gamera movie: Gamera vs. Monster X! This movie so odd and strange and monster Jiger was so strange but I loved it more than the rest!

Favorite Gamera appearance/version: Showa! As great as the modern versions looked, this is My favorite of all cuz i was so attached him when i was little!

Favorite Gamera villian: Jiger! Without a doubt, she is My fav, a very strange kaiju indeed but that's what I liked about her. She got Gamera good and she was kinda fun to watch.

-----------------------------------------

Other honorable mentions

King Kong Escapes and War of the Gargantuas! Both of these movies were very fun to watch.

ImageImage

King Kong 2005! While the I loved the first Kong movie but though the remake & King Kong Lives good films but were too sad, I absolutely digged the 2005 King Kong movie. The musical score was tremendous! Everything looked so excellent and I loved how the whole island and its creatures all had back stories. I'm adore ancient life like Dinosaurs so this was treat fro Me. I love Gorillas to and I though Kong himself was so awesome :!:

ImageImage

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

BONUS!

Pacific Rim: I loved this movie, the monsters were terrific! When I saw it on the iMAX screen, it was such huge experience! I was like, I hope people sees the light about how great this is and that this brings the giant monster trend back on the big screen again!

GODZILLA 2014 :!: Oh I am so looking forward to this, I cannot wait for this! When Godzilla came back in the US in the 90s, I wanted Stan Winston's version but we got Godzilla 98 instead. I hope they don't screw this one :roll: I would love it if it possible for the rumors to come true about Godzilla 2014 crossing over with Pacific Rim in the future, that would be INSANE!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------

Well, you now see that I love giant monsters, I hope you have enjoyed this :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:38 am

PacRim was awesome!!!! I am very hyped for Godzilla 2014.

I would say FINAL WARS has the best looking Godzilla, but I am a fan of how he looks in Giant Monsters All out Attack.
godzilla_mill_3rd_01.jpg
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:36 am

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:PacRim was awesome!!!! I am very hyped for Godzilla 2014.

I would say FINAL WARS has the best looking Godzilla, but I am a fan of how he looks in Giant Monsters All out Attack.
godzilla_mill_3rd_01.jpg

That is all great! Well, I posted to show how I love Kaijus and the like. Did you like My sample post?
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Yes. Im intrigued about war of the gargantuas. You say its good??? Never, seen it, and to be honest Ive never really seen other Toho besides Godzilla-centric films. I think I seen Frankenstein conquers the world when I was little, but I cant really remember the whole thing.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Cool pics guys. I like kaiju too but I cant get over how expensive the japanese toys are. :batshock:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Crazy Jetty » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:33 pm

@Brandon,

Why do you have to flood each post with tons of pictures? Its getting kinda spammy.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Avalon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:37 pm

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:
securedownload.jpg
You talking about this one Faust?

Wow! That is one cool poster, guys. :smgasp:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero