Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Godzilla!!!!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Godzilla!!!!!

Postby Crazy Jetty » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:03 am

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:Well, you made it sound pretty sweet. Im intrigued.

I'm surprised i remember so much of it, lol! I haven' played it since sega genesis came out!
I still remember the "music" that played when you beat a monster.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:22 am

I just looked it up, and I absolutely remember the cover!!!! I wish I still had a nes, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!!!!!!!
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:25 am

Ha! I just sold off my gigantic NES collection a few months ago. It was collecting dust in one of my closets and I wasn't playing any of them. That Godzilla game wasn't among them, though. Only Rampage. One of the bangin'est games of all time. :batwink:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:33 am

Oh rampage is killer. especially on the arcade.
I have a genesis/Sega Cd still, but not one Godzilla game came out for either.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:24 am

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:Oh rampage is killer. especially on the arcade.
I have a genesis/Sega Cd still, but not one Godzilla game came out for either.

Oh I loved Rampage for the NES, My Granparents back in the day rented it for Me for weeks on end till I tired of it then I got sad that that they had to return it then they rent it for Me again! Finally after that they bought it for Me :)

Oh I loved the N64 Rampage game, Universal tout! Myukus was so cool! The graphics were so rad and the people yelling were so hilarious, I loved that game :D
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Yea, on paper, you would think it wouldnt be that good, but it actually was alot of fun.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:55 pm

Is Ultraman considered kaiju or sentai genre?? Or is it some cross-genre lovechild of the two? Looking for personal opinions, not official information. :halgrin:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:18 pm

I would say they are cousins. They are sub genres in the Kaiju genre. Kaiju is really a broad term, it really just means strange monster. So technically, a mummy movie or frankenstein movie is Kaiju. My personally opinion, is that Godzilla, Gamera, all that stuff is one, and ultraman, super sentai, kamen, that would be its own group. They have much more distinct characteristics, so thats why would put them in there own group.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:29 pm

What do you guys think of the S.H.MonsterArts figures from Bandai? My only experience with Bandai's S.H. line is with Sailor Moon and Power Rangers. I think they're great figures although the Sailor Moon ones feel like they're going to snap. Also a bit pricey for a 1/12 figure. The kaiju stuff though from MonsterArts looks pretty awesome. Still, 1964 Godzilla is around the $70 mark and the figures aren't that tall. Pretty pricey but not as pricey as some of the rubber or limited castings they do in Japan. Also I like their character choices like Destroyah, Biollante and King Ghidorah. The Ghidorah looks amazing and Biollante. What a wacky choice! Looks like they have most of them at BigBad. I found some of these clips on Youtube that showcase the articulation which is pretty crazy. Still, how cool would it be to create a city diorama and put a few of these guys in it... :batwink:

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:02 am

:cry: They are so beautiful. They are really too expensive for me.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions