Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Godzilla!!!!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Godzilla!!!!!

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Super Godzilla was Horrible. For the PS2 I remember the one with Space G on the cover, but I never played it. There was one for the gamecube, it wasnt that good, but man I loved playing it. It was kinda like "King of Monsters" but a little bit better....or worse depending on the day, lol.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:03 pm

SNES Godzilla, the side scroller, was terrible... SNES Godzilla, the fighting game, was pretty good!! The one that trumps them all, though, in my opinion... King of the Monsters!! I can't tell you how many hours I put into that game on my SNES back in the day. It was a bit like Rampage, but you fought other monsters. The PS2 game rocked like crazy. I also had the Gamecube game. Both were absolutely amazing and what a selection of kaiju. The super moves were fantastic, also. :batgrin: I love games like this. Slightly off-topic, I was also a huge fan of Kinnikuman so Galactic Wrestlers on the PS2 also ate up my time. :batlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:05 pm

Yea, there wasnt much to it, but it was fun to throw in and play a couple times.

Dragon, you really liked K.o.t.m.?
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:17 pm

Heck yeah, man. When I was a little boy, that was the game that I wanted to play the most because I saw it at the arcade all the time and was never allowed to play it. By the time I penny pinched and could afford to get a SNES, the Sony PSX was already the typical home system everyone had, but the SNES games were cheapish second hand and that was one of my favourite carts. Between KOTM, WWF Royal Rumble, Super Double Dragon, Xardian, Final Fantasy III and Chrono Trigger, I pretty much never left my room except to eat, bathe and go to school. lol.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby beastovjudgement » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:19 pm

Super Godzilla is the one. That game was an exercise in endurance. Godzilla: Save the Earth is the PS2 game I mentioned. There was a sequel, but I never played that one. War of the Monsters was another excellent game. It did not feature any licensed Godzilla characters, but their inspiration was strongly felt.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:25 pm

I never played War of the Monsters but I recall they actually had TV commercials for that game. The characters reminded me of Rampage. :smgrin:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:47 pm

Oh loved the Godzilla game for NES but I especially loved the SNES version. I know some didn't like it but gosh, it had Bagan, a monster I thought was fantastic, he finally got justice in it IMO! I mean the SNES game was hard but it did have some really good moments. Oh the memories.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Crazy Jetty » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:04 pm

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:Gosh, I really dont remember that. Bummer. Good thing I never played that but rented Gremlins 2 (NES) a bunch of times!!!!!
Was it a good game?

Honestly? I don't really know, lol. But I had a lot of fun with it. But then I was also like, 9, and getting to play as Godzilla or Mothra doing nothing but rampaging through insanely alien environments smashing stuff, to fight all the awesome bad monsters like Gigan, Mecha Godzilla and Ghidora.

The game was part sidescroller, part fighter, part strategy.
You travelled through all the planets in the solar system (Ignore the fact that the gas giants have ground, lol) to fight the aliens from planet X who're controlling all the bad monsters. Each planet was set up like a strategy board, with each space being a stage. Godzilla and Mothera each had different abilities, and each monster on the field (including bad ones) had a range of spaces they could move. Mothera could get to the opposite side with the boss monster in like, three turns, she could move so many spaces.
Once you reached the end of your range, were met by an enemy monster, or decided to stop before you had to play the stage, which then it became a sidescroller.
Godzilla was huge and was about half as tall as the screen. He had three attacks. Hand claw, tail swipe, and atomic breath for his special attack. He could also jump and squat (The latter was required for the devestating tailswipe). Curiously, he could do both at the same time (Squat then jump so you could tailswipe higher things)
Mothra was smaller but flew, and could get up to the top of the screen. She could spit, or shed dust from her wings as her special attack.
With either, you roamed through 1-4 stages depending on the space you landed. You fought against alien jets, laser tanks, weapons platforms, and even alien plants (These old NES game designers had a lot of imagination when constructing pixel art enemies. Godzilla I always thought was a cool looking game). Once you got to the end, your turn was either over, or you fought a monster you approched on the game board. If no monster, then your turn ends, and all the enemy monsters move. If one approaches you then you had to fight through the stage again, and then destroy the monster.
Each planet had a boss monster that was protecting the alien base, and it never moved. To finish the planet you had to destroy the base and the monster.
Then you moved onto the next planet, and defeated monsters were brought back and now roamed the board.

When you fought a monster, it switched from sidescroller to fighter, where each of a dozen or so enemy monsters had special moves of their own. Godzilla and Mothera all still had their same moves. Though Mothera you could fly above most of the enemy monsters reaches and shower powder on them until your special attack was used up. Then you could stay away from it and keep spitting at it until your powder attack recharged.

Like I said... I don't really know if it's a good game, but I really enjoyed it.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:52 am

Well, you made it sound pretty sweet. Im intrigued.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:59 am

AcidDragon wrote:Heck yeah, man. When I was a little boy, that was the game that I wanted to play the most because I saw it at the arcade all the time and was never allowed to play it. By the time I penny pinched and could afford to get a SNES, the Sony PSX was already the typical home system everyone had, but the SNES games were cheapish second hand and that was one of my favourite carts. Between KOTM, WWF Royal Rumble, Super Double Dragon, Xardian, Final Fantasy III and Chrono Trigger, I pretty much never left my room except to eat, bathe and go to school. lol.

You SNES kids were so spoiled. KOTM was a cool concept, but the controls sometimes bothered me. Definitely playable, though.

P.S. dont even get me started about Royal Rumble, Dragon. Doin a Razors Edge in that game is So Satisfying. (I know, this is the wrong thread) lol.

P.P.S. All this talk about video games in here, but not somewhere else.......... ;)
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions