Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:05 am

I've been contemplating about watching Resident Alien. They got the whole series on Peacock.

OK, first before I get to why I'm posting this. This is from Dakota Norris...a good martial artist that is the youngest son of Chuck Norris (Dakota has a twin sister too and she is a 5th Degree black belt!) :) Chuck was 82 here :shock:

Now, March 10, five days ago was Chuck Norris' 84th Birthday :o

Chuck Norris 84th B-Day!!!.jpg

Chuck Norris 84th B-Day!!!!.jpg

Here's the video that Bing news bit that I made was talking about...this is wonderful :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:00 pm

Chuck Norris doesn’t blow out birthday candles, they surrender
their flames willingly.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:47 am

Yep :) That was a great moment. I love Norris' spin kick :batwink: Just think Norris was in his 60s then :shock: That's something else how happy he was about Dakota :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:03 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:50 am

That SNL was pretty good. Amazing to see all five (I'm counting Vinnie Mac too) of them guys so young again :)

Here's this K-SHE 95 with Def Leopard...now I got into them a lot...really great sounding fun songs :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:24 am

Was never big on Def Leppard. They had some decent songs, just other stuff I liked better. Oh also, you should definitely watch Resident Alien. It's one of the best shows/comedies on TV, and with the alien stuff, it's right up your alley. Allen Tudyk is great in it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:25 am

Oh yeah, Def Leopard had some really good songs. Yeah, I'll see about it ;) Those were some clips :lol: :o

Next up for K-SHE 95 Hall of Fame is El Monstero...they tell their story ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:09 pm

Music is so regional sometimes. I've never heard of them, but being a local cover band, I guess I wouldn't be expected too. I listed all those great Canadian bands that people not on the border never heard of. One of them, the Tragically Hip, have a very popular coverband in our area called Strictly Hip. But I'm sure no one outside our region has ever heard of them lol.

This was one of my favorite Wings episode as a kid. The last phrase, "Maybe it was Las Cruces," was uttered many a time in our household. For context, here's the basic plot:

Joe announces Sandpiper, a regional air plane company, will give a plane ticket anywhere to whomever makes the biggest donation to charity by a deadline. Local eccentric Carlton Blanchard wins by making an amazing $10,000 donation. The catch is Carlton wants to fly cross country to reunite with his brother whom he hasn't seen since they had a falling out 50 years ago, and along the way, annoys everyone on the plane.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:06 am

Yes it is and I wouldn't think you would have PB, their really exclusive to Mo like your bands that introduced to Me before ;) Their really not that old of a band when you consider this, El Monstero actually joined together in 1999 so this year marks their 25th Anniversary :) It's always fun to know and explore other state's famous local bands. Shame not everybody shares that but at least you & I do PB :) That was a good Wings. Yes, it's good that you had sayings around your house. Don't forget, My Grandpa had his own as well like "Stop your Grinin" and Drop our Linin'" from originally by Hudson aka Bill Paxton in 1986's Aliens, I sure miss My Grandpa PoPo saying it but loved it when he did :)

Next up for K-SHE 95 Hall of Fame is Mötley Crüe :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:30 am

I like Motley Crue. I remember taping the video off MTV for Wild Side where the drummer is in the cage spinning upside down. I was 9 in 1987, so I had never seen anything like that before.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions