Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:21 am

Of course Cowboy but their Godzilla song will always be their most iconic or at least for Me. Show those to your son PB, tell him how cool it was then in the 70s and that song came out in 1977...two years after Toho retired Godzilla in 1975 with The Terror of Mechagodzilla :)

Hey politician Hank Johnson, islands don't capsize, they get covered up by the ocean and sink...that video was from 2010...the movie 2012 was in 2009...this happens to continents in that film...I think he needs to see that film :shock:

Next for K-SHE 95's Hall of Fame is REO SPEEDWAGON :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:23 pm

The saddest part of that Hank Johnson clip is that he's been re-elected several times since. Clearly, we are not sending the best and brightest to DC or else we wouldn't be in this mess.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:40 am

Yeah, I was going to say about it but I wasn't sure. Yes, today's (that really started longer ago) politicians & military are so darn dense...watch old video clips of how much smarter they were in the 40s thru 80s...I'm like what the heck happen...compare that to Biden, Harris, AOC and others :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

OK, moving on...How about those Rick and Morty clips :lol: :o That kinda reminded Me of Dinsaurcers in a way :shock:

Here's K-SHE 95 Museum Backstage Pass video of Triumph :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:14 pm

I know of a couple Triumph songs, but I'm mostly familiar with them because I used to bike to a local record store when I was in high school. They had a nice used section of CDs and I'd always look for Tragically Hip CDs but that was usually empty and Triumph was the next alphabetical artist so I'd disappointingly see their covers a lot, lol.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:52 am

Good trivia there PB. I don't know about you and everybody else but I sure miss those days going to record shops...that's one of the reasons why I post what I post about Peaches/Sound Warehouse/Blockbuster Music, CD Warehouse & The Record Exchange. I mean there was nothing like searching for move soundtracks & movie scores and when you were lucky enough to actually find them...I mean never forget how great that stuff was and still is, always keep it near and spread it around so the memory lives on :!: Gosh those were some clips of That 70s show :shock:

OK, next up for K-SHE 95 Hall of Fame is Jefferson Airplane :o Now she was something else. She still looks decent and this was from last year. Listen to how she explains this stuff. Alice in Wonder Land is not as fun as it seems. Her White Rabbit song was THE FIRST song EVER that K-SHE 95 played :o Now that is incredible history right there :)

Now here's the actual White Rabbit song that was the first ever song on K-SHE 95 in 1967, she really has a good voice :wwwink:

As a bonus, here's this clip from 2017's Kong: Skull Island. When I first saw this at the show I was like oh man, it's the White Rabbit...the movie takes place in 1973 but it still fits as 1967 wasn't that long before it :shock: Now tune OUT the dialog and stuff...listen to the song in the background...it's The White Rabbit...it really ends at the :52 second mark. I always listen to the score & songs in the background in movies and all that ever since I was little...it's exceptionally fun when you see the parts over again as well so listen closely ;)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:44 pm

They're a bit before my time, I remember them more as Jefferson Starship in the 80s with the song from Mannequin that was also the Buffalo Sabres theme that year (but everything stopped them, lol). And of course the horribly so bad it's almost good, We Built This City. I knew White Rabbit was a bit about drugs, a lot of sings were back then, but it's interesting how she explains it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 am

Oh yeah Me too of course but like a lot of'em I check out the older stuff before I do the new/modern ;) That was a great episode of Sledge Hammer! I recall seeing that when it aired, My Grandpa never missed it and always recorded it :)

OK, next for K-SHE 95 Museum is Billy Joel :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 pm

Ah, Billy Joel. One of the best ever. Too many great songs to even name them. His new one is pretty good, too.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:47 am

That's great ;) That was a rather strange Easter SNL with Michael Keaton but it was well played :shock:

Here's this special K-SHE 95 :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:56 am

Interesting stories. Yeah, that SNL was a little strange, and creepy, but Michael Keaton plays creepy pretty well and there were a couple good laughs. I'd never seen it before, either.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions