Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:18 am

Yes that's true but that machine is no joke, it does the job well but it is a bit hard to clean though. Huh, I seen a lot of Sanford & Son but I don't think I never seen that one with Big George and amazing he got bigger after that :shock:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:02 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:13 am

That was pretty good. It's still something seeing Sasha Mitchell there :shock: Also What they did there at the end, The Three Stooges did a similar thing in at least one episode ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:52 pm

WOW! Step By Step. What a throwback. I used to watch the heck out of that on TGIF. Sasha Mitchell. My sister would always tell me that he and Patrick Duffy were on Dallas. I never really watched much of Dallas.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:09 pm

I remember Dallas a little. And the theme to Falcon Crest. There weren't many channels to choose from back then and by that time at night there wasn't much for kids (kids today have no idea how lucky they are!) My parents watched a lot of Knots Landing, too.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:45 am

That was a good Wonder Years. My Mom liked Falcon's Crest but is a huge fan of Dallas. I was never a fan but when TNT had the revival of it several years ago I got into Dallas and she introduced Me to the characters so I'd know what the heck is going on with this continuation. Dallas also had a great theme too.

OK, continuing from the Word Game of Infomercial guys...I think their funny and another form of entertainment. Here's Joe Fowler of Infomercial fame but allow Me to introduce you to him :)

As Mean Gene was heading to WCW, WWF needed somebody else to do the interviews and reports but VERY quickly. they turned to infomercial & home improvement talent Joe Fowler :shock: Here he is in brief vid from September in 93.

Here he is reporting about the WWF Survivor Series 93 in late October. This was arguably My fave SS, just look at those match-ups but they change and get even better when the event eventually took place IMO.

He did special reports as well. This was his final appearance in the WWF and yes you can find WWF LJN Figures at Yard Sales, that's where I found My Hogan, Macho Man & 2 Hillbilly Jim figures that I showcases a while...it always pays to check out yard sales cause you never know what your gonna find :o In fact I found them in the early 90s on the Macklin where Movie King was :o

He wasn't there for long however, just mere months :o Now what I'm about to show Here is Joe in recent times. A long while back when I see his commercials on TV I kinda marked out to the TV saying THAT'S Joe Fowler! Haven't seen him since he was in the WWF way back in 93!

And a s a bonus, here's this MONSTER one ;)

Also Joe Fowler was in movies as well. He was a reporter in 1986's Cobra where Stallone almost beat him up and also he was a reporter in 1996's Independence Day as well :shock: When you watch TV with commercials, look for Joe Fowler, he still does this stuff, if you see him let Me know, I'd love to know that you saw him recently ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:47 pm

That triller looks vaguely familiar, but none of the others do.

Ok, over in another thread shows like Falcon Crest, Knots Landing, and Dallas were mentioned and it made me recall an episode I remember my parents watching back in the 80s, but I couldn't exactly recall which show or when. It was the original "red wedding" years before Game of Thrones. I remember my parents watching this and I think they must've taped it on the VCR because I recall seeing it a couple times and being kind of stunned by it. So I searched for it and turns out it was the season 5 finale to Dynasty that originally aired on May 15th, 1985, when I would've been 7. So here's the end to "Rpyal Wedding" or what became known as the Moldavian Massacre.

And here's the opening to season 6 in which it's revealed that only 2 people actually died in the "massacre".

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:27 am

Yes, I believe somebody else did the tiller as well and may have been with nobody that it was just a regular Infomercial. That was a good trivia there PB :) I knew nothing about Dynasty, My Mom does though. Yes, this was like that in GOT and see, years later it was done again just in a different way. I was really disappointed with GOT, I saw ever episode of every season of the build up just for it to end where it begin :roll: I really hate that recent trend that Hollyweird does I mean they did it with the TV show Luther and oh boy I was really disappointed how they did the MCU I mean they built all that up for Miss Marvel then swerve us with Iron Man because it all began with him :wwshock: :batsmh: :smsmh: There's been more "end it where it began" scenarios too. That was one heck of a shootout massacre there, it looked like something Chuck Norris was in or something back then and I can see how a young PB was stunned about that...I think I would have too ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:59 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:10 am

That was a good boxing match there, it looked pretty authentic :) I think that's the first time I ever a referee actually ringing the bell :shock: The ring announcer was Richard Foronjy, I haven't seen him in much but I really recall him in Ghostbusters II :blbat:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions