Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:19 am

Oh now see, I saw boxing not to different than wrestling and when wrestling wasn't on boxing was that extra fun stuff which some of their other sports stuff was good as well :)

That was a good Three's Company. As a trivial bit, their boss Frank Angelino is played by veteran actor Jordan Charney...years later he would play the infamous Dean Yeager who fired the the soon to be Ghostbusters and by the way, the mover in green listening to Air Supply's "I can Wait Forever" is James Belushi :o

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:21 pm

He definitely was someone you would easily recognized from his appearance and voice. He was in quite a few episodes of Three's Company and a Night Court episode that is one of my favorite Christmas tv show episodes ever. Sadly, I've yet to see any of it on youtube or else I would've shared it this past holiday.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:23 am

That was some Raymond there :shock: That's cool, I never knew he was in Night Court too but later on he would be a judge in Law & Order many times. Whenever Me & My Grandma was watching Law & Order I'd say to her there'a Dean Yeager from Ghostbusters...in fact many actors from Ghostbusters were in Law & Order :)

OK, I got a couple sad news-bits here....British actor Michael Culver past away at age 85 :roll:

Captain Needa RIP 1.jpg

He was best known for his iconic role as Captain Needa from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back...here's famous "Apology Accepted" scene :)

Also Joe Flaherty died at age 82, same age as My Grandma :roll:

Joe Flaherty RIP 1.jpg

He was in a lot but here's two of his roles that will always be the most memorable to Me, first is his Sid Sleaze character in 1985's Follow that Bird :)

Next, his role was brief but it was very important as he was the Western Union Man at the climax of 1989's Back to the Future Part II...I always thought he looked like Mike Rotunda here :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:13 pm

I'd heard about the Star Wars actor passing. I wasn't originally familiar with Joe Flaherty but then I realized he's the Happy Gilmore "jackass!" guy.

Those Raymond clips were the season 9 debut. But things didn't go well in episode 2. Sadly, there aren't great clips from that episode, but I tried to piece together what I could.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:19 am

Huh, I forgot he was in Happy Gilmore :shock: I see what you mean, you did what you could do PB :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:33 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:26 am

That was some SNL with The Rock which I actually never seen it before :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:53 pm

I never saw it before either, but it was pretty funny.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:59 am

That was a good Family Matters there :)

I'm gonna post some stuff from the word game page for a little while ;) OK here is the ad of "Big" George Foreman's Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine :shock: My Grandma got this from Sears way back in the day and the way it is in the commercial is no joke, that fat & grease really does come out like that on to the trays...we still use it now then too which it's still a great way to make lean food not to mention it's quite a piece of history now...here's the wonderful classic commercial :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:44 pm

I remember when those were all the rage. Every couple years there's a new kitchen gadget, air fryers right now.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions