Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:24 pm

The best line I read this week was that OJ can rest easy knowing that the person who murdered his ex-wife is finally dead.

RIP....Norm MacDonald.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:53 am

Those were good and yes to Norm MacDonald. I wasn't sure if you were going to talk about OJ or not so I will for a little bit, I don't know if he was guilty or not...is all I know it was a huge case that lasted a year or so and quite frankly one of the biggest in history. I said before My Grandma watched many cases on CourtTV long before it became TruTV. Examples that she saw the cases of Ted Bundy, Jeffery Dahmer and she even recorded the case with Jean Claude Van Damme for Me (the case was when Van Damme seriously injured one of the actors in Cyborg, the scene is still in the movie, its the fight in the rain which I will spotlight that when I spotlight the 1989 classic Cyborg :!: and she'd watch this OJ Simpson case just about everyday and talk about it, My mom watchs some and I'd watch some of it too. I didn't watch it faithfully like MiMi did I mean she kept up with every detail of it. Back then it was what are you going to watch tonight...oh the OJ Simpson case :!: So yes, here we go with football again and again, another football player doing something besides football :shock: Now think of this...OJ was accused of the murder in 1994...he dies in 2024...this year marks the 30th anniversary of the murder...think about that for a sec :? :o

OK, I never watched Simpson play football, only clips. When My Mom her boyfriend rented The Naked Gun from Peaches/Sound Warehouse/Blockbuster Video (I told the story before, it was really cool then) that when We watched it My Grandpa PoPo pointed out to Me...that's OJ Simpson, he used to be a Football Player and I was like okay and from then on To Me, OJ is known for a bit in movies. First here's here's the clip from Capricorn One, it's absolute classic conspiracy movie that I showed in your Movie Trailer Topic PB (My Grandparents hunted all over town for the great score by Jerry Goldsmith and finally bought it and introduced Me to it when I got older). Here's this clip.

So again, I actually first knew OJ Simpson when I first saw The Naked Gun not too long after it came out. Here's his clips from the first two movies :lol:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:33 pm

I knew of OJ because he played for the Bills but that was before my time. My biggest exposure to him was also the Naked Gun, and he was great in those. It was hard to escape the trial back then, we actually watched the verdict live in my 12th grade Mass Media class. It's a shame he got away with murdering two people but nothing that happens in California really surprises me.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:15 am

Thanks for the trivia bits there PB, good to know you saw the case too ;) That was some SNL there :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:38 am

So I periodically look in on upcoming episodes of Coast to Coast AM to see who the guests are because I like to try and catch it when David Paulides was on. Last night they had a couple film makers talking about their documentary about the Octopus Murders. I was like WTH are the Octopus Murders? So I did a quick search and found it they covered the 1991 death of Danny Casolaro, and I immediately remember that name from an old Unsolved Mysteries episode. So why watched the four-part series last night and it's a deep dive into conspiracies that really leaves you with more questions than answers. I couldn't find just that segment of Unsolved Mysteries, but here's the entire episode, though it's only 12 minutes of so that covers the Danny Casolaro case.

And here's the trailer for the Netflix series...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:13 am

Coast to Coast is really good. Unsolved Mysteries was great, i used to watch it all the time with My Grandma :) I never knew about the Netflix series however.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:08 pm

That Netflix series is a deep dive into a dark rabbit hole that leads to all kinds of crazy thoughts about the world we lived in back then, and even now. It's scary to even think too much on it. But I'd recommend it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:06 am

I see, I'll have check that out sound time. Some Boy meets World there.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:17 pm

Freeform just started airing Boy Meets World episodes again. It's probably the first time they've been on 6-7 years or more. That episode was just on and I'll admit I got a little misty during that second clip.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:59 am

It's ok to cry at movies & tv shows ;) Yeah, these streaming services & platforms needs to focus way more the classics then this modern stuff, they waist so much time by not doing so. That original Batman & Simpsons was pretty cool :batwink:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions