Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Your Minutes of Zen

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Your Minutes of Zen

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:01 am

Well that's a wonderful trivia bit there from you PB :) I never seen that WCW with Bill Maher before :o This is cool that happen and it just wasn't the WWF getting the exposure all the time which WCW was quite good then :) That was really good with 4 of the best...Piper, Heenan, Sting & Madusa. All of them looked good there but she looked really good which during this time in 1999 she was super stunning ;) Gosh I miss how TV shows were then. All of that talk about kids and we're still in the Attitude era here. Yeah, who was the Powers that Be :roll: That figure that Bill has was a Tuff Talker Sting by ToyBiz, I showcased that one in My Vintage Wresting Topic a while back ;)

OK, next up for K-SHE 95 Hall of Fame is Foreigner :!: Listen to what he says about The Checkerdome. That's actually the name The St. Louis Arena went by around 1977 - 1983. I didn't know it was called that till later. They show a few pictures of it here. This is the same arena that I saw and went to My first, one & only WWF House Show in 91 that I showcased a while back :shock: He mentions that it has a Hockey atmosphere which that is correct, this is where Our St. Louis Blues played :)

Unfortunately all of that history is lost because it was demolished 25 years ago this year in 1999...99 was like the last year of classic times but it wasn't the best of times :roll: I mean yeah, the arena was built in 1929 and has wear & tear but still this was St. Louis history for cryin' out loud. I really dislike these people whistling and cheering on this controlled demolition, hopefully those people regret that now but I really doubt it :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

Here's a short video from 2019 which was the 20th Anniversary of the demise of the St. Louis Arena from KMOV 4 :roll:

At least there's great historic videos like the one with Foreigner above of people that recall the "the good times" at the Checkerdome/St. Louis Arena and like Me because I still recall going there with My Mom & her boyfriend Kevin and seeing Hogan vs. Flair, Skinner vs. Virgil, Animal of LOD losing his luggage at Lambert Airport and wrestling in his street clothing and Hercules facing off in the debut of Chris Chavis who would become Tatanka :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:47 pm

Foreigner has some ok songs, not a band I sought out, though.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:38 am

How about those clips :shock:

Next up for K-SHE 95 Hall of Fame is Aerosmith :!:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:07 pm

We were really looking forward to seeing Aerosmith in January. Shame they had to cancel. Don't know if they'll ever come back.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:16 am

What a shame. Did you ever get your FULL refund PB :?:

That was a some Raymond. Just when they were going to the bedroom down comes the wall :o All of that because of a minor difference in the Wallpaper :shock:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:04 pm

We did. When it was postponed they said if it wasn't rescheduled after 60 days you could apply for a refund or hold on to your tickets and see what happened. Well, it was Christmas time and I didn't want $1100 more on my Discover card than need be so I got my refund right away. I'd try for tickets again if they rescheduled.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:41 am

That Ahsoka Baylan Skoll & Shin Hati Star Wars scene was done fairly well. I'm glad they refunded you I mean that's A LOT of moolah there :shock:

Next up for K-SHE 95 Hall of Fame is Supertramp :!: My Grandma loved them :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:56 pm

I know I've heard a couple of their songs but I'm really not overly familiar with them.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:15 am

I see.

Ah that was a great Wayne's World there with Aerosmith :)

OK, now today is special one...K-SHE 95 Museum Backstage Pass with Blue Öyster Cult :)

As a big bonus, here's their iconic Godzilla song ;)

Here it is LIVE from 1978 :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:18 pm

Another group, never was the biggest fan, but they have a few big songs. Not to mention being immortalized in the SNL cowbell skit.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions