Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Entrance Theme of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Entrance Theme of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 10, 2023 9:01 am

It was a good time and yes, he was kinda low on the card and like I said in My BackLash special, he was one of the biggest babyfaces at the time and I loved the gang stuff, I thought that was really cool cause you never knew what was going to happen next.

JD McDonagh's great theme was only a hint, Here is more NXT themes and this will be a for a little while. Here is Bron Breakker. I have expressed how much I like him and that he is a Steiner. He ain't NXT champ anymore because Carmelo Hayes beat him. I thought Bron was going to be called up to beat Roman but that ain't happening or at least for now.

Here is Von Wagner, the son of Wayne Bloom aka Beau Beverly. He is really good.

Here is Toxic Attraction, yeah they were named that to satisfy the trends cause the world is so obsessed with anything that toxic that really doesn't even stand for what it originally meant :roll: Toxic person, toxic relationship, toxic fans etc. :? Unfortunately since WWE had to follow the childish & soft ways of today's day and age and totally ignore how it was in the Attitude Era they had make Rose lose the belt and never return with no explanation why and break up Jane & Dolin...so stupid, this team was great together :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

I really like NXT 2.0 and is coming tomorrow, be here ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed May 10, 2023 6:11 pm

I got me thinking, remember Papi Chulo? I think the first time I ever saw Edge wrestle in the WWF was against Papi Chulo on Shotgun Saturday NIght and thinking what dumb named Edge was. I guess it's better than Sexton Hardcastle, though.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu May 11, 2023 4:54 am

Yes, he was Aguila before that when Vinnie Mac as experimenting with his own light-heavyweight division but he didn't know much about it and what to do with it like WCW did. Vinnie Mac always did have a hard time relating to Black & Asian people, tag teams and smaller people, he always acted like he hardly knew what to do with outside big whites in a singles action despite it would bring him big dough...that's one thing I never liked about McMannequin, he never could relate to other things no matter what and really that just messing things up :roll: It's so ironic now that the majority of wrestling now is smaller wrestlers & tag teams and I've complained before about the big man mattering being a thing of yesterday :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: So Chapi was also wrestling in ECW and Lita was Miss Congeniality there. They were both brought to the WWF as he became Essa Rios and she became Lita and I suspect you know who lasted out of the two.

Here's their theme & tron, they were great together for awhile, too bad they didn't remain :roll:

As for Edge, his Sexton Hardcastle would have been a great partner for Val Venis and they could have been a great xxx-adult movie star type team I mean their both Canadian, they were real life brother-in laws and had "adult themed gimmicks but then he teamed with Christian, changed the Hard Impact name and became the Suicide Blondes so it never came to be in the WWE. He then became a vignette like USA's La Femme Nikita that happened at the same time of his hype & debut then he became a vampire in the Brood. Edge's Rated R Superstar was a soft twisted version of what could have been years prior :roll: Here's a pic of them together when they were still known as Adam Copeland & Sean Morley before they made it to the main roster of the WWF way back in around 1997.

Adam Copland & Sean Morley 1.jpg

AS A SWEET BONUS OF A SOFT HINT OF WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN

Spoiler:

I never thought Edge's name was dumb, I did think like I always do did...do we need another person called the same thing :? Like U2 has a member called THE EDGE, we have Sting the singer yet we have STING the wrestler. I mean it was a big deal about Steve Austin. His real name is Steve Williams...before him we already had "Dr. Death" Steve Williams so that's why he changed his name then when Steven Regal came to the WWF that's why he was named William because they didn't need another Steve because we had Austin & Williams already there :o I complained about this in AEW to like Orange Cassidy & Isiah Kassidy, Christian Cage & Brian Cage, Hangman Page & Ethan Page, Arn & Brock and Karl Anderson I mean there's to many people with the same darn name, it's like that in baseball too. It becomes kinda ridicules :roll:

I'll post a double feature to make up for all of the lack of themes that hasn't been posted here over time so I'll post some older ones too later on. So now we're moving back to NXT cause it's really good.

Here is Cora Jade's song. It's her current one since she's been heel. She was in AEW for a brief time. She's pretty cool but she's quite young and clearly you can tell she's of this generation the way her attitude is :roll:

Wendy Choo, the former Karen Q & Mei Ying is got talent but her gimmick is silly however she has had some good moments.

Grayson Waller is one of the best of the new talents, he's great on the mic and has great ability. Like JD McDonagh, he's been called to the main roster, I hope their both used right because their quite unique.

Tony D'Angelo is quite good but I'm like he really looks like a regular guy and darn near looks like a jobber. I watch him and I'm how in the heck is this guy getting way more of a push than Salvatore Sincere when he looked way better? Like I said before I have seen a ton of jobbers in the 90s & 2000s that looked way better than today's stars. Tony D as he's called is surprisingly a fine talent and good on the mic as well and yes he can wrestle.

As a super bonus here's Carmelo Hayes, he unified the North American & Cruiserweight titles by beating Roderick Strong and now he's the NXT champ beating Bron Breakker :o

More tomorrow :)
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sat May 13, 2023 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri May 12, 2023 6:52 am

OK, don't forget to check out what I posted before above. Now as I said before I'm updating this for the lack of. If it seems like to much then do a little bit at a time, nobody says it has to be done in one whack even though it seems like today's society has been conditioned to think that way with one vid that's only seconds long and a sentence even shorter :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I've always liked My stuff lengthy and detailed and I always will. So here's some more cool NXT stuff.

Diamond Mine's Creed Brothers is one heck of a team, their real life brothers that has uncanny ability. I haven't seen anybody more impressive since the debut of Kurt Angle!

For a long while when they first debuted I wasn't liking Chase University but over the past few months they have really grown on Me. Andre Chase is pretty good however I'm like we have Johnny Gargano & Eddie Dennis now we have Chase, yet another guy that has that look. I really dig Thea Hail, it's hard believe she's only 19 and I really like her Ultimate Warrior mannerisms in the ring and when she runs she kinda resembles him. Duke Huston deceivingly fits in!

Now Joe Gacy is really something else. He may not look it but he's a great wrestler and quite talented on the mic and his song is very catchy. If you know serial killers then check this...his name is Gacy right :roll: Well he was trained by CZW veterans Jon Dahmer & DJ Hyde :o

Recently Joe Gacy made a stable called The Schism that consists of the Dyad that is the former Grizzled Young Veterans and Ava Raine aka Simone Johnson...The Rock's daughter :o Nobody made a proper tron yet so this is only a sample of them together :batsmile:

Now for a long while I have said how hot Rhea Ripley is, well's she's on the main roster. IMO the hottest woman in NXT is Nikkta Lyons. I find her amazing at almost 6 feet tall and around a solid 150 pounds. For a big gal she sure can move and she has the weight all in the right places which really I find the way she looks absolutely totally amazing. She is a fantastic martial artist and in fact she won her black belt at age 8 which is truly incredible. She's a total package and I would think she would have been champ by now but it hasn't happen...yet :!:

So there's today's update and I hope you liked it. Like I said, there is no rush to get through this, that's what a board like this is for so it's always there to check out..more tomorrow ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat May 13, 2023 7:26 am

So I'm going to do this a little differently with a couple classic ones, 1 main roster and a few from NXT!

Classic WWF

Now when Savio Vega came back at WWE BackLash I posted both of his themes and the second one was his Los Boricuas when all the cool gang stuff was going on. Well here is two great one of the Nation of Domination!

NXT

The six foot Lash Legend is pretty good but I still feel she needs to put a lot of work in her matches.

Josh Briggs & Brooks Jensen were good as a team but now no longer together.

as a bonus there was no proper tron of their girlfriend Fallon Henley so here is her entrance against Kiana James who started all of this break up stuff when Jensen was interested in her.

WWE

Yesterday I posted Nikkita Lyons whom I feel is the hottest in NXT today however I think Rhea Ripley is than hottest woman is wrestling right now in more ways than one!

Don't forget check out the great stuff I posted above and more tomorrow!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun May 14, 2023 8:00 am

Classic WWF

I really liked The Disciples of Apocalypse/DOA. All of these guys were close to 7 feet and what better type of group to face the NOD than bikers and yes that's Kona Crush, Brian "The Underfaker" Lee and the Harris/Bruise Brothers :!:

The Truth Commission was My fav of the four groups. These South Africans were all huge and it even had the Jackal aka Cyrus the Virus aka Don Callas but My fav of the group was Kurrgan the Interrogator!

NXT

Dante Chen is pretty good, he's a big babyface and the crowd is really behind him.

Xyon Quinn is awesome and I thought he'd really go places but he's really stuck in the middle.

Kiana James has a really nice look, I posted her friendenemies yesterday!

More tomorrow :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 15, 2023 6:24 am

CLASSIC WWF

Now PB posted a little bit of the Oddities but we never got this far before which all of this basically happen in 1998 which was 25 years ago this year :o Now follow Me here, this is being continued from the previous post of Mine.

So the Truth Commission was starting to fade out rather quickly despite how great & dominant they were. Kurrgan The Interrogator was obviously the one of the group that was destined for greatness. He changed his look and so did the Jackyl and they were quite impressive and I really liked them.

So after the awesome development of The Kurrgan along with the Jackyl, he began a great cool new faction called the Parade of Human Oddities with Giant Silva, Golga (Earthquake/John Tenta) and others as it was looking extremely promising...

However things were changing backstage for him, he exited out and the group was lead by the Insane Clown Posse and instead being a horror show of unstoppable freaks, it was a silly comedy act and that has always been disappointing with Me :roll:

NXT

Nobody made a proper tron for whatever reason but here's Elektra Lopez's cool theme. I think she's pretty good.

Here is Damon Kemp's theme. He's pretty good as well, I loved his feud with the Creeds!

More tomorrow!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon May 15, 2023 6:58 am

The Oddities kind of remind me of The Dark Order as they started out as one thing and kind of became a side joke. I think the Dark Order has a much higher upside than what the Oddities has, but I don't think they'll ever be looked at as anything more since Brodie Lee passed. John Silver and Alex Reynolds actually work really well as a team and I think Silver could even be a decent short-term fan favorite on a lower tier title like the International Title. I never really got into the Oddities, though, they always felt like something taking up time on TV when there were many more interesting wrestlers and storylines I would rather have watched at the time, lol. Especially after the Insane Clown Posse got involved, then it became even more annoying.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue May 16, 2023 5:37 am

I see but I never thought of the Dark Order that way and yes, Mr. Brodie Lee really brought a presence there :roll: I really liked them because hey, they were giants, big men and other that was really strange and I like I said, when the ICP came in it really soured :roll:

OK, for a while I'm gonna take a little breather from current WWE stuff and will build it up to the Attitude Era as really an continuation/inspiration of My Wrestling CD Theme Collection. If you need a refresh or if your a spectator that never seen it before then go here to see My classic collection :) --->http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/wrestling-toys-collectibles-f56/my-vintage-wrestling-collection-t1082-120.html

I'm only gonna post those that is from that is from there for absolute focus and ones that hasn't been posted before. First here is some from Suburban Commando!

I'll post more the soundtrack tomorrow ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed May 17, 2023 5:07 am

Continuation of Suburban Commando as this song plays during the funny Gearheads scenes and yes it's on the CD, check My showcase :)

More soon!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc