Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:47 am

A great Jesse Ventura promo there...I liked him almost as much as Hogan. That was a really nice Beer Commercial there with him too :)

OK, you saw The Undertaker vs. The Undertaker in one of the coolest yet strangest feuds :o

The Undertakers 1.jpg

The Undertakers 2.jpg

Now here is the man that some people called "The Underfaker" kinda like Godzilla 98 was called GINO. I actually showed him a while back with Sunny. It's "Prime Time" Brian Lee :shock: I'm sure you can tell it was him.

Still don't know him or think so :?: He was Chainz of the DOA in 98 :o Well, fast forward to 5:11 for his short promo and see him how he looks here :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:22 pm

Vaguely remember DOA, they were on their way out right about the time I got back into wrestling.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:27 am

Oh, DOA was kinda on their way out during that time. they were one of the last survivor teams of the "Gang Rulez" time which was so cool with them facing The Nation of Domination vs. Los Boricuas vs. The Truth Commission. Crush was on his way to WCW to join the nWo as himself Brian Adams and everything else here was changing as well.

Ah the Pringle Dynasty :!: That was a good stable and one that hardly anybody talks about. Hercules & Rude looked so good then.

This years marks the 10th anniversary of The Ultimate Warrior's untimely passing in 2014 :shock:

Here's an interesting one. in 1995, The Ultimate Warrior was gearing up to make a comeback from his departure from the WWF right before the 92 Survivor Series when Mr. Perfect took his place as The Macho Man' partner against Ric Flair & Razor Ramon. So through The Warrior's comeback during this time he cause chaos thru wrestling magazines. many people were either convinced that The Renegade in WCW was him or just confused. Since there was no web access at the time like we have now, The Warrior said in multiple wrestling magazines including PWI that The Renegade in WCW ISN'T The Ultimate thus that ruined his career and The Renegade was never the same since but later on that :roll: Now notice in the commercial how slenderer he looks from his previous years even though he is still wearing the singlet attire from his Ultimate Maniacs days.

So now fast forward a year later, it's a bit after Wrestlemania 12 in 1996, The Warrior already made his comeback beating first opponent Hunter Hearst Helmsley in only minutes. Now he's promoting his Warrior University on WWF Programming. List

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:29 pm

That must've been some university...Snorting % Snarling 101...Completing Nonsensical Sentences...Introduction to Rope Shaking...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:49 am

Yes, I'm sure it was. Over the past couple of years in NXT, there's a group called Chase University or Chase U, their huge fan favorites I mean their super rover with the crowd consisting of Andre Chase, Duke Hudson, Thea Hail & Riley Osborne with Jacy Jane being Thea's adviser to become a "grown @$4 woman" as she put it. Thea is cool & pretty wild and acts a bit like The Ultimate Warrior and even shakes the ropes...a coincidence :o :?

That was a good Pat Patterson promo there, just think he's the one that invented the Intercontinental championship :shock: Whenever you see the title think of him :)

OK, I'm gonna continue The Bodydonnas because of two big moments for them. Here's this one with Sunny & Skip.

OK, now here's this very big moment in 1995. Skip is facing off against Barry Hororwitz. Barry defeats him as it was his first victory EVER and he got a lot of attention for this :shock: When I first watched this happen when it originally occurred I really couldn't believe it I mean I saw Barry lose and lose for years and it was something I never expected...in fact I think it was done better than the upset with The 1-2-3 Kid beating Razor Ramon because the Kid wasn't around that long compared to Barry not to mention that they were hyping up Skip & Sunny for weeks...something that Horowitz never had the chance of :shock: Now in recent times a couple years ago WWE tried to "reboot" these moments with Mustafa Ali when he finally won a match during his jobbing slump and I was like really, must you do this again :roll: If that wasn't enough last year when John Cena came back every week he'd say about how he hasn't won a match in so long and then when it was time for him to face Solo Sikoa at Crown Jewel he says that he hasn't won a bout in years. Well, they were saying how it was at least 1000 matches for Barry. I always get tick off when they attempt to do things over again or reboot them, they could be doing something else and this generation can just look back at was first & done so much better IMO. By winning, Horowitz actually became a WWF Superstar and was no longer considered a jobber or a wimp as Me & My Grandpa PoPo used to call guys like that...in fact Barry would land some matches on WWF PPVs including WWF SummerSlam 95, WWF Survivor Series 95 & WWF Royal Rumble 96 which these events are some of My favorites of ever of all-time so here's Barry Horowitz' iconic moment over Skip :)

Now at the WWF Survivor Series 95...Skip was the team captain of his Bodydonnas team...Tom Pritchard (Bruce "Brother Love" Pritchard's real life brother) of the Heavenly Bodies remained as Jimmy Del Ray left, was on his team along with Rad Radford (Louie Spicolli) & the 1-2-3 Kid (he was a heel now with Ted DiBiase!) vs. The Underdogs which was Barry Horowitz, Bob "Spark Plug" Holly, Marty Jannetty & Hakushi (he was a face now!)...this was a great match. Pritchard is the only one remained with Skip...in December he cut his hair, bleached it blonde and was repackaged as Zip...the cousin of Skip but for a very brief time they were called "The Brothers from Different Mothers" :shock: Here's a picture I made, Sunny was really becoming something else and even hotter than she was before :batwink:

The Bodydonnas 1.jpg

Now you saw him in the picture with Sunny & Skip as tag team champions...here's their entrance with Sunny on the mic at the Free For All of Wrestlemania 12 in 1996 against the Godwinn Family. This was the finals of an eight team tournament which The Bodydonnas won the vacant WWF Tag Team Championships :!: Free For All was a free kickoff show on the Preview Channel which was always fun so here's the video :)

Tomorrow PB your gonna really like what I have in store ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:18 pm

Ah, Barry Horowitz. Never seen that match before.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:09 am

Yep, a very important moment for Barry. That was a great promo by Harley Race, there was nobody like him before nor since :)

So I think you gonna like this one as I have a triple feature here that coincides with each other in ways. NOTE: The volume is pretty low on all of these.

Here's a promo of the New Rockers, Marty Jannetty & Leif Cassidy (Al Snow in his third gimmick in the WWF already as he was Avatar & Shinobi beforehand) in 96.

Now I know when I post about The Hardy's your surprised about that. Well, here's The New Rockers facing the Hardy Boys in 96. This is one of the brothers's first matches together in a WWF ring...look at how they appear :shock:

Now here's this...this is The Hardy Boys together a few months later in 96. They were Wildo & Ingus...The Jinx Brothers :o These gimmicks were very short lived however this was actually a precursor to Jeff Hardy's Willow character in TNA :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp: Who are they facing :?: They are facing Jared & Jason Grimm. They were Jacob & Eli Blu a year before and the Bruise Brothers before that. They were the twins in the DOA faction then after that they were Crowd Control/The Harris Twins in WCW :shock:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:50 pm

Wow, I don't remember the Grimm or Jynx Bros. That was something with the Hardys. Never knew they were around that early. I remember seeing them on Shotgun Saturday Night in 98 or 99, and they were treated like they were brand new to the company. Interesting history.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:43 am

That was a great Larry & Curt Hennig promo there. I like it when there's a father & son combo in wrestling which is something you don't see often. It's so uncanny how much they looked alike in the face :)

Yes PB, I didn't think you knew any of that stuff which is good :) Yes it is interesting history and I've always liked it ;) None of these teams that you just saw had any hype at all, they just appeared in the ring. 96 had some of the coolest debuts in the WWF, almost as cool as 95...many that had no vignettes at all. I always thought that they could have done more with the Jinx Brothers I mean look how Willow turned out in TNA :shock:

Here's a match in May of 1997 where Matt Hardy faces off against Leif Cassidy. Cassidy is transitioning to be Al Snow in the near future and listen to Tony Chimel...he says BOB HARDY then listen to what Brian Pillman says on commentary especially since he was in ECW himself while he was still in WCW before he went to the WWF :shock:

With all of their history that they have accomplished, this clip I'm about to show you will always be the one for Me because it was THE moment for the Hardys because they were the first victims of Kane which was September 7, 1997 :shock: Kane was so awesome then :)

OK, here's one of their first moments in July of 1998 when they debuted at MCW/Music City Wrestling (Ozark Mountain Wrestling/OMW before that) and it was it known as you alluded to PB as they say "they just signed with the WWF" despite they were there the previous year and beyond which is rather strange unless they were just hired from match to match. This promo is really good :)

I will continue this tomorrow with The Hardy Boys debut/re-debut/whatever ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm

See, that last clip looks more like the Hardys I remember first seeing. I knew about Al Snow and his other gimmicks, not so much the Hardys.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc