Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:58 am

Yes, the 90s did and was very good. Oh I don't think you'll regret seeing the Rebirth of Mothra Trilogy ;) Oh, I can tell you right now, I never saw Herbie Rides again but it looks like it followed up with the first one quite well ;)

OK, now I'm going to post the Millennium series of Toho films which is yet another reboot. First I'm starting with Godzilla 2000: Millennium :!: So After the huge disappointment of the 98 Godzilla film, fans were clamoring for a REAL Godzilla movie again so Sony & Toho actually listened and hurried up, rebooted the franchise with a new movie that soon followed right before the new year of 2000 happen. So this movie ignores every entry before it. A UFO crash lands in the Ocean millions of years ago and goes dormant. In modern day Japan Godzilla is a force of nature. A submarine arrives and "wakes up" the UFO in the Ocean. It a race called Millennian, they merged into one entity to take over Earth but they only use force if necessary. They encounter Godzilla and know they cannot takeover the planet if Godzilla is around so they mutate into the alien Kaiju Orga :!: This movie was pretty big for Me. The design for Godzilla in this is awesome. He has huge spiky dorsal plates now. I loved the design of Orga, such an interesting Kaiju. Here's the Japanese trailer :)

Now the thing is Orga has a different roar in the US version compared to the Japanese version. I like the US Orga Roar version way, way more as it's a deeper roar and just sounds way more menacing. As I mentioned they did this in order to make up for the Godzilla 98 film. There is many scenes in this movie that is really similar like the ones in 98 so they really made up for it. I have always found it really cool that they used Rob Zombie's Superbest song in this American trailer :)

Here's the very short but totally sweet TV spot. I remember seeing this on TV many times wanting to see it at the show but I missed out but soon after I got the cool VHS :) Listen to Michael Buffer say "Get Ready to Crumble" :lol:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:24 pm

I don't recall ever seeing that commercial, but then again, even back then I was taping a lot of stuff to skip commercials.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:12 am

I see. Nope, I never saw Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo either...how about that with Don Knotts :)

Ok, next is Godzilla vs. Megaguirus. Even though this came out in Japan December 2000, it's also known as Godzilla 2001. Japan is usually ahead us. He looks the same as he did in Godzilla 2000. So, this has a very interesting story, it ignore ever Godzilla film before it except the first one. The Government has created a special anti-Godzilla unit called the G-Graspers. Their weapon is the Dimension Tide which is a black hole gun. They want to seal Godzilla within another dimension and their first test subject is on Meganula, a huge Dragonfly species that first appeared in the first Rodan film in 1956 :o This specie is based on the real prehistoric Meganeura that was the size of a Crow or an Eagle, I've seen these in person at an exhibit a long while back :o So the braniacs plans work but The Meganula steal Godzilla's energy and they transfer it to their queen, transforming her into the enormous Megaguirus :!: She has a wonderful design and she want's all of Godzilla's energy and the fight is on :!: Here's the awesome Japanese Teaser Trailer :)

Here's the actual Japanese trailer. They actually include the movie's actual movie score in the trailer. It's one of the all-time best Godzilla scores and really quite frankly one of the best movie scores ever, I bought the official GNP Crescendo CD when it came out :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:29 pm

I saw the Herbie movies when I was really little but can't say I remember too much about them. But Don Knotts is always a treat.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 am

I see. I actually never knew about Herbie Goes Bananas :shock: Oh yes, Don Knotts was great, My Grandma really liked him and I thought he was pretty good in Matlock :)

OK, now here come the most unique of the Millennium Era and one of the best Godzilla films overall. This came out in 2001 and it's called Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack which is also known as Godzilla: GMK. This is directed by Shusuke Kaneko who directed the entire Gamera Heisei Trilogy in the 90s as I said about before :!: I remember how big this was back then with fans and all that. Originally it was going to be called Godzilla X Varan, Baragon and Anguirus: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack but due to the poor box office number of Godzilla vs. Megaguirus they decided to scrap the original plans, scrap Varan & Anguirus and replace them with the same old characters Mothra & King Ghidorah. Again thank the plebeians and thank you Toho and company to listening to them...these companies always withh the thinking of "what sells" and not "what is cool & different" :roll: So the movie is actually a reboot within reboot (see, I was getting sick of reboots then!) as it has nothing to do with the previous two films. The story is quite dark natured like the Gamera Heisei Trilogy. This is actually a spiritual movie. Godzilla returns to Japan and wants revenge for all of the lost souls during the Pacific War :o Mystical Professor Hirotoshi Isayama awakens the three Guardian Monsters to stop the God of Destruction which is Baragon the God of the Earth, Mothra the Goddess of the Sea and King Ghidorah the God(s) of the Sky. They all must reach Godzilla before he get's his vengeance but who will be left standing :?: Now Godzilla looks completely different in this film...I absolutely dig his design :batwink: He's 100% a Bad@$$ here, he's gone totally bent on revenge as his eyes have no pupils, their just white like the Undertaker :!: King Ghidorah is actually the good monster for the first time ever :batshock: :wwsmh: :smgasp: His design is pretty good. Baragon looks great and I'm glad they kept him. Mothra is looks pretty decent and much of the stuff in this film was a big inspiration in the MonsterVerse G:KOTM movie. When I saw that for the first time I was like heck, that's what happen in Godzilla: GMK :shock: Now King Ghidorah & Mothra behave different here because they were the replacements for Varan & Anguirus...which was a similar thing like I said about Godzilla acting like King Kong in Godzilla vs. Ebirah The Sea Monster cause that was supposed to be a King Kong movie. This is the only Godzilla movie like this and this is the only story like this with Godzilla being the absolute tyrant I mean he's brutal compared to even his 54 & 85 versions :o If you can watch this movie I really suggest you do and it's got a great musical score as well. Here's the very short Japanese Trailers, one by Toho and the other by Sony :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm

I'm sure we will get to it eventually. Looks good.

There was a Herbie movie in 1997 that starred Bruce Campbell, but it was made for The Wonderful World of Disney TV and there doesn't seem to be a trailer for it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:26 am

I think I knew about Herbie: Fully loaded but I don't think I knew about the Love Bug with Bruce Campbell in 97 :shock:

Yes, it's very good and it's a 1 shot movie meaning it has no prequels nor sequels so your not feeling like your missing something ;) OK, now the next installment is a two-part reboot...yes, another darn reboot :roll: :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I always thought these next two were wasted entries from the next two movies however they're pretty darn epic. These are known by some as the "Kiryu series". This came out in 2002, the first one is called Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla :!: It's like again :roll: Now this is similar like Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II from 1993 but it does have a different story. Now even though this movie is a reboot and ignores all previous entries in the Millennium series the movie does acknowledge many of the old ones including Godzilla 54 & War of the Gargantuas. A new Godzilla attacks Toyko, the government wants to dig up the bones of the first Godzilla in 1954 for a complete clone structure to make a human-driven mech. So they do and and they create Mechagodzilla code named Kiryu. The fight ensues but when Godzilla roars, it awakes the soul of the original Godzilla and Kiryu goes insane and Toyko has to fix this but how will that be possible :?: Now in the MonsterVerse Godzilla vs. Kong, the Mechagodzilla that is in the film is inspired by Kiryu when King Ghidorah "possesses" the cyborg Titan with his Conciseness. In the film great Japanese Nippon Professional Baseball player Hideki "Godzilla" Matsui has a cameo...he was signed by the New York Yankees just days before the release of the film :o Here's the epic Japanese trailer, he appears in it @ 1:44. The awesome music that is in the trailer is actually the movie's score which is basically a reused version of Godzilla vs. Megaguirus which is one of My favorite of all Godzilla msuic :shock:

Here's a short Fathom Events trailer of the film :)

I'll post the sequel tomorrow ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:01 am

Well, we actually watched Tokyo SOS last night. It was ok, maybe a little light on story, but decent. I knew it was a sequel of sorts, but could follow the story well enough. The ending was ok, I would've liked to have seen where they went with it next. If only Final Wars would've had Godzilla trapped in the trench as opposed to the ice, there could've been continuity. This one seemed a little more kid friendly, though.

I thought I'd do The Shaggy Dog next but there wasn't a trailer for the original 1959 movie, but I found this clip which is neat because WUTV29 is actually the local Buffalo Fox affiliate, though not sure how old this is.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:00 am

I seen clips and stuff of the Shaggy Dog but never watched it. Well then, there isn't much to say about it then except it was a sequel to a great film and there was the continuity from other Toho films including Varan, War of the Gargantuas, Space Amoeba, Ebirah plus more.

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:03 pm

One thing I've noticed between eras, is everything around that time was at night. I get it, it's easier to hide things when it's darker, but I kind of prefer the earlier films when it was more daytime in setting. Obviously, when you have the new films and all the CGI it doesn't matter as much.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions