Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: This thread has not yet been rated...MOVIE TRAILERS!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:38 am

Yes, a lot of people are like that. Like I said before, E.R. Burroughs is the granddaddy of sci-fi...most if all not sci-fi films are inspired by his work and that includes Lucas & Roddenberry as well. I like his John Carter of Mars a bit better than Tarzan which it was great that he crossed them. For Halloween last year I shoecased My Dark Horse Comics and one them was Tarzan vs. Predator: At the Earth's Core which was a superb comic that came out in 1996. The major prob of why E.R. Burroughs isn't such a huge name or one that many people don't focus now is because many companies are doing nothing with his work over the decades and Hollywood just stalling around, wasting time, making reboot after reboot and stuff that is "supposedly better now then yesteryear...I hate they ain't doing anything with his stories like they should be like say much as Stephen King for example I mean I think sometimes if Burroughs had the exposure that King got, things would be very different now...same thing goes with H.P. Lovecraft, the Granddady of modern American horror...guys like Wes Craven, Clive Barker and yes even Stephen King (& his wife because she actually wrote a umber on material for him though you won't read nor hear much about that...My Grandma knew that decades ago!) works are inspired by Lovecraft. Lovecraft get's no love either and no pun intended there...I just saw a new movie on Tubie a few weeks ago with a Cthulu being the monster in it and there was no credits whatsoever that about Lovecraft which I'll talk about that later on in time.

In 2016 I saw the new Tarzan at the show. It was pretty good. Alexander Skarsgard plays the Lord of the Apes. He was an unlikely choice IMO but he did well. Yes, he's the guy in Godzilla vs. Kong in 2021 and he is the older brother of Bill and the son of Stellan :shock: This is the movie that started Margot Robbie's fame, not the Suicide Squad as Harley Quinn because it came out later. This Tarzan film was a fairly decent version of the story and it had great special effects. While I'm like it's yet another remake, there was many elements of the film that got Me excited and I'm always for a movie with apes and their kin :)

Here's the theme by Rupert Gregson-Williams, he is Harry Gregson-Williams' younger brother and one of Hans Zimmer's guys. Rupert would score Wonder Woman the next year in 2017 and Aquaman in 2018 :o This score is good but it's no where near as fantastic as John Scott's cue I provided yesterday...absolutely no comparison but it is still good :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:34 pm

I remember previews for that but never saw it.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:06 am

Well, if you would ever see 1 Tarzan film, see that one, I think that was best version and this is coming from a guy that says the classics are better :o I'll spotlight John Carter later on plus there's one I gotta do with or to coincide it too :shock:

Oh, I forgot to say that I never saw Time Bandits and I actually never seen Trog, one of the films I never got to yet :shock:

OK, here's this one. My Grandma found this one day We were at one of great local Video Rental Outlets which I'm thinking it was Blockbuster Video in Holly Hills but I'm not certain about that. This movie is called ARENA :!:

Arena 1.jpg

On the VHS box the tag lines read "Tonight. Championship Grudge Match. Man Vs. Monster." and "For a thousand years no human has been the champion. He wants to be the first.". She thought I'd like it cause it was like wrestling & fighting that had monsters & aliens and more and she was right :) I thought it was pretty cool. The creatures had a really radical look to them and the action was decent. The movie came out in 1989 which this year marks it's 35th anniversary :shock:

As a sweet bonus, as you saw in the trailer, the lead woman is played by Claudia Christian, she was a beauty :batwink:

Arena 2.jpg
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:30 pm

That looked interesting, and very late 80s/early 90s. I'd never heard of Trog before but weird seeing such a famous actress in a film that didn't look so great. I guess it was her last film. What a way to go out.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:05 am

Yes, sometimes older actors get parts like that. I only saw Cool World once when it came out in 92, it was...well cool and this was the first time I saw Byrne & Pitt.

Here's this nice cue from really good composer Mark Isham :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:39 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:18 am

I never seen that 411 before, it looks good. Like My Signature says, always watch the skies, I'm not joking about that. Take a little time every night and look up and watch the skies, you never know what you'll see :blmm: :blhal: :blsm:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:04 pm

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:02 am

Enemy Mine was really good but sad. I believe this was the first time I ever saw Dennis Quaid & the late great Louis Gossett Jr. Here is this great cue by the late great Maurice Jarre. At 2:10, this is a magical part...it's so magnificent...you can hear the glory of the universe and how cool it was in the 80s :)

OK, here's a movie that always has a special place with Me...it's called...

Long ago when the movie came out in 1988, My Grandma found this for Me, I believe at the 7-11 I showcased recently. I just loved this movie called Mac and Me. It's kinda like E.T. but it's different. It has some good stuff including the kids' mom works at Sears. It's a very underrated and maybe even perhaps an obscure classic. It's also the ultimate McDonald's movie too. Here's the trailer with THE Ronald McDonald as he has a part in the film at a real McDonald's :shock:

Now here's the main title/overture by Alan Silvestri. He composed this the same year he did Predator...that's right...he composed two movie scores that has to do with aliens in 1987 :blmm: :blhal: :smwink: The first minute is is so magical, it's always been one of his most unique pieces and one of My favorites. Some of this even sounds like Back to the Future :)

In around 1990, My Grandma bought Me the movie along with Tremors (I'll spotlight Tremors in My Cryptozoology Topic cause it's a cryptid film) on VHS at Verna's Mr. T's Video Rental Store. She was such a good nice woman there :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:23 pm

I don't know if I ever saw Mac and Me. I saw Enemy Mine when it came out but I was too young to really get a lot of it.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions