Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:04 pm

Hmm, yeah, they probably could make a Darkside there. I never knew about him. Weird though, because we just watched the Darkside on Chris Adams yesterday and they showed Ice Man King Parsons so I said to myself I should find one of his promos, and who was his WCCW tag partner?

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:47 am

How about that. Yep, they were a team for a while. Iceman King Parsons was pretty good, somebody you never hear anything about anymore Yes, Missouri is a fine place to be, I've been here My whole life :)

I'm going to focus a little bit of Dustin Rhodes for a small while...here's his introduction by his father :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:07 pm

He looks so young, lol. You can kind of see Cody in his face, too.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:31 am

Yes he is and yes you can :shock: That was a good Tyler Black promo and an iconic ROH Moment. I was like amazing how things work years & years later. As you know WWF had partnerships with USWA, SMW, GWF among others in the 80s & 90s. Now when you fast forward to the days of ROH and even TNA in the mid 2000s to the early 2010s, it seems like an similar situation because it seemed like ROH was like USWA & SMW because nearly half of their roster went to the WWE over a several year period which I started noticing it happening with CM Punk :shock:

BONUS: Here they are in action against "Dirty" Dick Slater and The Wrecking Crew. Who is the Wrecking Crew you may ask :? Well they are Rage & Fury. Rage (darker blue tights) is the late great Al Green and Fury (lighter blue tights) is Marcus "Marc" Laurinaitis...real life brother of Johnny Ace & Road Warrior Animal :shock:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:55 pm

Shame Bulldog got hurt in WCW. Another one that was gone way too soon.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:55 am

Yes it was :roll: That was a really good promo there with the Bulldogs & Benoit. I always thought that Benoit was very similar like The Dynamite Kid.

Here's this Dustin Rhodes promo :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:49 pm

Never heard of Bunkhouse Buck. Apparently he wrestled in the WWE as Jack Swagger!

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:22 am

You haven't :?: Oh My Grandpa loved Bunkhouse Buck, he thought he was so funny and I did too :) OK, let Me show you a little bit of history here ;) Robert's Stud Stable was really good. I'm not showing "Dirty" Dick Slater, he's been the same for most of his career. First off Col. Robert Parker & Bunkhouse Buck go way back, much further than their WCW days. Their actually related, real life cousins kinda like Jerry Lawler & The Honky Tonk Man are however their is reports that says they are actually brothers, I never knew what was valid however. Here is Parker as Robert Fuller and Bunkhouse Buck as Jimmy Golden with their then valet Sylvia which I'm not sure where she is now. I believe this is from Continental Championship Wrestling/CCW which was created by Robert's father Roy. Robert & his big brother Ron (more on him at a later date) owned the organization for a while which I'll get into that history a later time.

OK, follow Me here PB ;) First you gotta see Bunkhouse Bunk when he was Jimmy Golden. What I was looking for was part of this episode from 1979, 45 years ago this year, just watch the first 9:10 of it as all of that is Bunkhouse when he was real young...you can skip the rest of the video if you want to.

Now, here is Col. Robert Parker when he was himself Robert Fuller. Like his sibling, you can clearly see he is way different than he was in WCW :o

OK, now you know how he was as Col. Robert Parker...he left WCW as he was going no where I mean really, how did anybody with the nWo :?: So he went to the WWF in early 1998. After Jeff Jarrett left Cornette's NWA group (one of My fave stables & storylines of all!) and became like he was before, in 93 - 97, Col. Robert Parker became his manager but now he is known as Tennessee Lee which I thought this was cool. I know exactly who he was when he debuted :)

OK, now back to what you said about Bunkhouse Buck being Jack Swagger in WWE. Your close PB...here is Jack Swagger talking to his Dad on the phone in 2010 :?

So here is his big arrival. Jimmy Golden/Bunkhouse Buck was Mr. Swagger aka Jack Swagger Sr. :o

There you go PB, I'll show Robert's real life big brother tomorrow ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:17 pm

Ah, see, that was around the time I wasn't paying much attention to the WWE. I thought it meant he wrestled there in like the 80s or something, I was like, geez, I guess Vince really liked that name. This makes more sense, lol.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:32 am

Oh I see, nope, as you saw that wasn't the case ;) Oh boy New Jack and The Gangstas. That clips a little spooky :blbat: :blww: :blsm: These were cool times in SMW. 1995 is when SMW & the WWF were exchanging talent and eventfully & unfortunately WWF took them over that same year in December :roll: The Undertaker was there a few times and he was a huge favorite there as you can imagine. Tracey Smothers was already there for a long while and was one of SMW's main guys.

OK, now here is Col. Robert Parker's/Robert Fuller's big older brother, Ron Fuller "The Tennessee Stud". In his youth he was a great basketball player but followed in the footstep of his Daddy & Grandpa. He was a great decorated champion as he held championships well over a dozen times. This is a good introduction promo of his and what he says is true, he wrestled all over the globe :)

I couldn't find the promo I wanted but here's a picture of all three brothers together in the CCW that they owned for a while as their being interviewed by Gordon Solie :)

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc