Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Wrestling Promo of the Day

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Wrestling Promo of the Day

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:06 am

I liked Al Snow's other gimmicks, I think they really could have been something if they gave them the chance, at least Leif had a longer run. Yes, that last is similar to what the Hardy Boys would become. Oh that was a good promo there by Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, that's cool how he did the 1, 2, 3 and it's always good to see Sean Mooney :)

OK, here's the Hardy Boys debut. They face Kaientai. This is on WWF Sunday Night Heat which was just before the WWF In Your House: Break Down PPV in Hamilton, Ontario on September 27, 1998. This was an epic episode. I really miss the days when they'd had an episode before the PPV on the same day/night which sometimes that episode would have the same feeling as the PPV themselves. Previous versions like Showdowns, Countdowns and Free For All was great too but during these days of the Attitude Era they upped the ante :) Michael Cole was still an off & on again interviewer, it's pretty exciting how he hypes Stone Cold and all this up. This is just yet one of the many things that today's wrestling lacks. Sure they have kickoff shows but they really stopped having bonus matches which that only happens once in a while now. So this match has a commentary team of Shane McMahon & Jim Cornette which is something else how they talk here...listen to what Cornette says about the Hardys. While WCW and the Independent Circuit had high flying wrestlers & teams, WWF was really still behind but that wouldn't last long because now The Hardy Boys are here and when 4:50 happens look at the long sign in the crowd, it says 318-XMEN :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:08 am

Kaientai choppy choppy pee pee!

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:23 am

Yes :o Oh man Greg Valentine was something then...a great US champ that defended his belt left & right...too bad he never had that kind of run in the WWF :roll: yes, that is what started the legendary Valentine & Piper feud :)

OK, I'm going to show you another transition... I'm getting back to the Hardy Boys in a minute so just follow Me, let Me show you this first of another before & after here...Scott Taylor is making his debut on Raw in 97 according to JR...that is so not the case, he wrestled years before on Raw and on other WWF programming :!: He faces Leif Cassidy and this is I believe he last match as Leif as he would become Al Snow sometime after this.

Here comes Brian "Two Sexy" Christopher, he comes out to Kama "The Supreme Fighting Machine's" theme (yes the same Kama Mustafa that become The Godfather!). Jerry Lawler is with him and they had an storyline about him being Jerry's son but they never admitted it on air which is a shame :roll: Brian has a promo about him being in the USWA. Who's his opponent in this match :? It's Scott Taylor :shock:

OK, now not too long after that all of a sudden at a Shotgun Saturday Night there's a new team in the ring...it's "Too Sexy" Brian Christopher and "Too Hot" Scott Taylor who cut his hair...they are now known as "Too Much" and still coming out to Kama's theme :o Isn't that something else :?: Who's their opponents :?: It's the Hardy Hardy Boys and listen to Jim Cornette on commentary saying how they beat Kaientai :)

OK, fast forward a while later...Too Much has become TOO COOL :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:14 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:26 am

Oh yes, that was something seeing Becky Lynch, Braun Strowman & Simon Gotch in Adam Rose's Rosebuds of the Exotic Express. There was many others at different times as well that was from ROH and Independents. WWE does that a lot of putting upcoming wrestlers in situations like that. Not everybody catches on to it especially with noobs and that's how they get away with "new" debuting wrestlers when they've been around a while or even years before that. WWE has been doing that for decades. Just recently when I showcased the 93 Royal Rumble, Louie Spicolli was one of Caesar's soldiers...it was so obvious to Me cause I liked Louie and he wrestled there for a long period of time prior but most people probably didn't notice. WWE has been doing that for ages...there' another memorable one where Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley was one of The Undertaker's Druids a long while before the Shield was a thought :shock: It also pays to look at the security guards & officials that brakes up fights because it's either retired guys or newcomers...in NXT I'm always looking for Steve Corino & Albert ;)

HAPPY EASTER :) Here's this Easter clip of WWF Mania in 93. I've always like "The Toddster" but I don't like what he does to the Easter Bunny here :roll: "Macho Man" Randy Savage is at the annual White House Easter Hunt with The Easter Bunny :)

I posted a lot of The Bunny with Adams Rose before...you can post your own PB ;) Now before that Bunny, there was this Easter Bunny when The Ruthless Aggression Era was young :o

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:41 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:15 am

Ah The Dream Machine aka Troy Graham. Jimmy Hart discovered him a while before that. Sadly he's been gone over 20 years now :roll: He was pretty good in the ring and on the mic. Yeah, that's what commentators do...they "Hooperin & Hollerin'" :lol: The First Family was a really good stable...Hart tried to have something like that in the WWF but it really never happen. Heenan had his Family and Jimmy only really had his guys separate though there was a time when The Mountie & Nasty Boys got together :)

It's APRIL FOOLS DAY :!:

Austin from the Attitude Era :!:

Johnny Rodz from 2009, 15 years ago this year :o

Rollins & Ambrose :!:

Absolution :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:22 am

Weird, I thought I posted a vid yesterday but doesn't look like it went through. Hmm. Well, here's what I thought I put up complete with classic Coast to Coast AM music...

Heck, let's do another then for today...

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:40 am

Huh, that's weird :? Well their showing up now cause I saw Macho Man way before his WWF days when he was really something else :shock:

It's Wrestlemania week so that means I'm gonna post some great classic Wrestlemania stuff for a while :)

WRESTLEMANIA 1 - 1985!

Wendi Richter & Cyndi Lauper :!:

The Hogan & Piper feud :!:

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:08 pm

I don't remember see WM when it first aired My first memory of WM was 2, and I loved it. I had taped it to VHS and I remember watching the Bulldogs the Battle Royale, and Hogan vs Buny over and over again. In fact, most of my eariest sports memories are from '86. The '86 Mets World Series and the Giants Superbowl and my earliest sports memories, though I recall cartoons and movies from previous years.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc